Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Leicester Deadline Day Thread

for as tall as Wood is he is useless in the air. Vardy wins more headers than him.

Wood is fourth choice so if he handed in a transfer request to try his luck elsewhere at a Prem Club I could understand.

however we would need to find a replacement and sell him based on fees and bids Championship players have been quoted.

£5-£6m I think would be a fair evaluation considering he's not featured that much last season.

No chance for £5-6 million. We'd be lucky to get £2 million - the reason other strikers are going for so much is that they are these sides prized assets, they don't want them to go. 

With Wood it will be a case of us either clear the deck for someone else or Wood deciding he wants to play football rather than sit on the bench, in which case we have much less of a bargaining position. 

2 goals in 19 apps for Yeovil, a record not to be sniffed at

Matty James

Danny Drinkwater

Ritchie De Laet

Recognise these names?

They had done the sum of f**k all before coming here. Didn't turn out too badly did they?

If we sign him he's clearly not going to go straight into the first XI and could be a good one for the next couple of seasons/as back up.

It's the news we've all been waiting for!

14:01

We do have an update on Nigel Pearson's search for a striker at Leicester City. We understand the club has made a bid for Manchester United's 20-year-old forward Tom Lawrence. The Wales Under 21 international has previously been out on loan with Carlisle United and Yeovil Town before making his Premier League debut in a 3-1 over Hull City when Ryan Giggs was in charge as interim manager at Old Trafford.

Defoe will be asking for too high a salary for us. Also who would you play him over? Ulloa? Vardy?. He is a class striker but I'd hate to not start Ulloa and Vardy. Can't see this happening personally.

Ben Arfa not really a signing I see Pearson making.

Why would you hate anyone to start in front of Ulloa or Vardy. If they do it means they are performing better than them.

Players will be played who are inform. at the minute that is Ulloa and one other.

there's no doubt Vardy will be quality for us in this league. but it doesn't mean he is guaranteed a starting position when fully fit.

Why would you hate anyone to start in front of Ulloa or Vardy. If they do it means they are performing better than them.

Players will be played who are inform. at the minute that is Ulloa and one other.

there's no doubt Vardy will be quality for us in this league. but it doesn't mean he is guaranteed a starting position when fully fit.

Just because I rate both very highly. True, it would be wonderful to have Defoe as a striker. He'd certainly bag a few. From a personal point of view I just really like Ulloa and Vardy and think they could form a really really good partnership. Plus, Defoe isn't going to come here to be a bench player, is he? Especially with the wages we'd be paying him!

Can't see it happening. I think our name has just been thrown in there.

Archived