Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Leicester Deadline Day Thread

Tom's Pasta, on 01 Sept 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Powell, Redmond and a centre half. That would be my dream deadline day.

Realistically I think we'll bring in a new forward and not do much else.

would be nice

I think both Powell and Redmond are under 21 too - so we could technically sign a striker and more cover at the back too and include them all in the 25 man squad

Not sure NP would make 4 signings deadline day though - reports all seem to suggest 2 signings more likely

I've wanted us to sign Nick Powell all summer and if he came in on a permanent deal - that would be brilliant.

If Palace want Wood then we best have another striker coming in, unless, they see Powell being able to bag enough goals for us this year that we are content to have the strikers we currently have. Would be sad to see him leave though.

Know I'll probably get shot down for saying this, but, bar Beckford and Waghorn - we've had a habit of seeing Deadline Day through quite unnoticed, so it would be nice to do some business today. Bonkers day but this is why I love football! 

Upson, Simpson, Barmby, Rowley, Albrighton, Ulloa, Cambiasso, Hamer.

Whatever happened with that Joe Davis (or similar), the young Central Defender we were going to sign from Port Vale ?  Back in July, the deal was going through, but then he got himself injured.  He hasn't appeared with Vale this season, as far as I can see. 

Whatever happened with that Joe Davis (or similar), the young Central Defender we were going to sign from Port Vale ? Back in July, the deal was going through, but then he got himself injured. He hasn't appeared with Vale this season, as far as I can see.

We signed him I believe, he's just out injured. Played for the development squad a few times I think, obviously not counted as a 'first team' signing. Mind you, neither were Rowley or Barmby.

We signed him I believe, he's just out injured. Played for the development squad a few times I think, obviously not counted as a 'first team' signing. Mind you, neither were Rowley or Barmby.

Yeah, I've just seen on Wiki that he is with our Development squad - no announcement though, it all went very quiet. He's probably more of a First Team squad player than Rowley or Barmby - he played quite a few games with Vale in League 1, I think ?

Yeah, I've just seen on Wiki that he is with our Development squad - no announcement though, it all went very quiet. He's probably more of a First Team squad player than Rowley or Barmby - he played quite a few games with Vale in League 1, I think ?

Yeah, he played fairly regularly for them last season I believe. So he has some good experience already, one for the future.

Archived