Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Leicester Deadline Day Thread

It just amazes me. Clubs have had weeks to do business but it goes crazy on the last day. I know one transfer can trigger a few as clubs need replacements but ffs get it done sooner.

I think you're being a bit naive in understanding why it happens this way. It's not just us is it? Top level clubs want to bring in players before they get rid of any. If they all do this it means there's a lot of bluffing up until late in the window. That is just one, but I'm sure there are many reasons.

ben arfa would be a amazing signing but like whats been said i havnt seen him play in a while but can ping a ball in the box and has a awesome freekick and defoe how would you not want him here can finish and got plenty of pace just what we are looking for imagine ulloa and defoe or nugent or even vardy would love to see this happen 

I think you're being a bit naive in understanding why it happens this way. It's not just us is it? Top level clubs want to bring in players before they get rid of any. If they all do this it means there's a lot of bluffing up until late in the window. That is just one, but I'm sure there are many reasons.

The other is because some clubs see the start they make in competitive matches and decide they weren't as set as they thought they were... unless your Arsenal and you carry on regardless.

ben arfa would be a amazing signing but like whats been said i havnt seen him play in a while but can ping a ball in the box and has a awesome freekick and defoe how would you not want him here can finish and got plenty of pace just what we are looking for imagine ulloa and defoe or nugent or even vardy would love to see this happen

I know he's at the end of his career but Jermaine Defoe would be a better finisher then everyone at the club.

As for Ben Arfa, undoubtably has the talent.. But he's not a Pearson type player, tracks back defensively less them Knocky does and has a poor attitude if things go against him on the pitch.

Can't deny his self belief though, he's recently said that he still believes one day he could win the balon d'or .... Haha!

Defoe will be asking for too high a salary for us. Also who would you play him over? Ulloa? Vardy?. He is a class striker but I'd hate to not start Ulloa and Vardy. Can't see this happening personally.

Ben Arfa not really a signing I see Pearson making.

Jermain Defoe has been linked with Arsenal as they search for a new striker. Sky Sports News HQ's Geraint Hughes has the latest, with Ron Vlaar also a possible target for Arsene Wenger. Could it happen?
13:51

We understand former England international Jermain Defoe is in the United Kingdom and has no plans to return to Toronto FC. Defoe made the switch to Canada in January but seems to be after a move back to the Premier League after the MLS side opted to sack their manager. Arsenal, Newcastle and Aston Villa are among a number of clubs being linked with the 31-year-old striker.

I know he's at the end of his career but Jermaine Defoe would be a better finisher then everyone at the club.

As for Ben Arfa, undoubtably has the talent.. But he's not a Pearson type player, tracks back defensively less them Knocky does and has a poor attitude if things go against him on the pitch.

Can't deny his self belief though, he's recently said that he still believes one day he could win the balon d'or .... Haha!

balon d'or hahaha hes certainly no cr7 or messi but at least he has passion lol

Yep there's a bit if haggling over the price surprised he would let him go as he's the alternative to ulloa airily

for as tall as Wood is he is useless in the air. Vardy wins more headers than him.

Wood is fourth choice so if he handed in a transfer request to try his luck elsewhere at a Prem Club I could understand.

however we would need to find a replacement and sell him based on fees and bids Championship players have been quoted.

£5-£6m I think would be a fair evaluation considering he's not featured that much last season.

Archived