Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

'Multiculturalism has resulted in division, separatism and distrust'

Just out of interest, how do those countries go about assimilating people? Since I've no experience of attempts to integrate people I don't really no what they'd look like. You can't make people behave in a certain way after all

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/denmark-integrating-immigrants-homogeneous-welfare-state

Exactly what would you mean by Asian Culture.... Its a pretty big place... Are you saying the Indian Culture is the same as the Chinese? and Vietnamese too? Can't imagine them Thai Lady boys rocking it up at a mosque in Pakistan....

And yes, I'm being facetious.... I've been up since 4am! couldn't sleep!

So are you saying there is no such thing as a Western culture ?  Of course all I needed to do was say Asian Cultures ( plural )  :thumbup:

If multiculturalism is the cause for all these wonderful varieties of foods being readily available then I'm all for it. I don't wanna imagine a living in non multicultural England where everything is meat and gravy.

Well if you take away the Humanitarian angle that is a good as any other way of looking at it. I'm all for a variety  of food and drink.

If you emigrate to another country the onus is on you to fit in not the host country to change to accommodate you. That doesn't mean you can't respect your own traditions and keep your own religion. Expecting immigrants to meet you half way isn't racist.

Australia and the US fvck that theory out of the water.

Whenever I see someone wearing either of those garments I can't help but assume they aren't a very social person. I know that it's worn to stop men (like me) looking at them because that's something to avoid, apparently. Either that or their family required them to wear which doesn't give me a good first impression.

As for it being a threat to British culture, I'm not sure about I'd describe it like that but in western societies it's the done thing for people to speak openly with one another and not to hide themselves away. Wearers of the burka and niqab do go against this notion I feel.

In western society you're also supposed to have the freedom to wear, say and do what you like as long as it doesnt harm anyone.

Thats the theory anyway.

I do think we missed a trick by not choosing our multicultural companions a bit more carefully. If we'd have got a load of South Americans or East/South East Asians in then we British probably would have really taken to the vibrancy and excitement of their cultures. Instead we chose to get into bed with these dull as hell ultra socially conservative plain jane's who seem to have no sense of fun whatsoever.

I do think we missed a trick by not choosing our multicultural companions a bit more carefully. If we'd have got a load of South Americans or East/South East Asians in then we British probably would have really taken to the vibrancy and excitement of their cultures. Instead we chose to get into bed with these dull as hell ultra socially conservative plain jane's who seem to have no sense of fun whatsoever.

Millions of Latin Americans live in USA and they get hated on and stereotyped a lot by certain segments of American society. They get accused of not wanting to learn English, and imposing Spanish on them, amongst many other things. 

That said, social conservatism is one of the worst ideologies ever. Im hopeful Islam will have the same fate as Christianity one day. Science and education will make sure of that.

If he had been given a lemon soaked hand wipe would he have demanded one with alcohol?

It does seem a bit OTT though. Also seems a big fuss over something not that important. Just use a normal tissue and forget it.

Where do you draw the line?  Telling us to put our own head in the sand and pretend it is nothing is to be completely passive while bollocks like this is allowed to continue and spread totally unchallenged.

The big fuss was made by KFC.  Why should non-muslims (96% of the UK population) be made to feel like we are doing something wrong or unclean?  It is not acceptable.  No wonder many see 'halal-only' as meaning 'muslims-only'.  The chap who they interviewed was right, policies like this don't help the muslim community one bit.

Archived