Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

'Multiculturalism has resulted in division, separatism and distrust'

How so?

There's no sign of Aboriginal or Native American culture in Australia or the US respectively. Immigrants went to those countries and diluted them to the point that nobody recognises the indigenous people or their customs.

There was a clip on YouTube of a politician in Oz complaining about too much immigration and an aborigine in the background shouted 'yeah I agree, so get the fvck out!'

It was deleted for some reason.

I agree with you though. Immigrants should absolutely try and fit in to a culture but its very difficult when its not clear what that culture is. A couple of times earlier in the thread, the question was asked, 'what is British culture' and nobody has has actually answered.

There's no sign of Aboriginal or Native American culture in Australia or the US respectively. Immigrants went to those countries and diluted them to the point that nobody recognises the indigenous people or their customs.

There was a clip on YouTube of a politician in Oz complaining about too much immigration and an aborigine in the background shouted 'yeah I agree, so get the fvck out!'

It was deleted for some reason.

I agree with you though. Immigrants should absolutely try and fit in to a culture but its very difficult when its not clear what that culture is. A couple of times earlier in the thread, the question was asked, 'what is British culture' and nobody has has actually answered.

That's colonisation not emigration and it happened 200 hundred years ago. Not really comparable.

Why do so many Asians come here? The answer is easy, but anyone with half a brain will KNOW why.

We are such a soft touch, and all immigrants get a better deal here, than in their own countries.

I noticed that the Mongolians are rampant in Leicester, just wait for the Burmese.

KNOW why????  I must have a half brain, please do tell!!

That's colonisation not emigration and it happened 200 hundred years ago. Not really comparable.

Colonisation started with immigration. The fact it happened a long time ago I don't see as relevant. We' re talking about culture after all which should be timeless.

I noticed that the Mongolians are rampant in Leicester, just wait for the Burmese.

KNOW why????  I must have a half brain, please do tell!!

lol

I understand your frustration at the catch all use of the term 'Asian'. Bet you say 'Eastern European' though ;)

Why do so many Asians come here? The answer is easy, but anyone with half a brain will KNOW why.

We are such a soft touch, and all immigrants get a better deal here, than in their own countries.

You can't get away with saying " Asians " on here the geography police will rip you a new one.  :D

So are you saying there is no such thing as a Western culture ?  Of course all I needed to do was say Asian Cultures ( plural )  :thumbup:

Are you contradicting yourself in this post? :D

In all seriousness though.... I don't think i have ever used the phrase Western Culture..... What exactly do you mean by it?

That;s absolutely nonsense, I saw tons of aboriginal stuff when I was in Aus, the whole town of Alice Springs is pretty much based on it even in this day and age.

As for British culture, personally I'd say it's mainly stems itself inside a person themselves, you read through a history of the great people from this island and they all tend to have common personal traits stemming from a stiff upper lip to a will to succeed to also enjoying some gallows homour when things haven't quite gone to play, for me personally when talking about a wider viewpoint of what British culture is then I'd say it's a a sense of community and a land where people should always try to be the best they can be. Somewhere where anyone can be anything and should have the freedom to do and say whatever want.

Our culture would also extend to the arts and writings of Shakespeare and Kipling, the poetry of Blake, the cinema of Hitchcock and the music of Handel and Elgar. The wonderful countryside we can enjoy, the fantastic sports we have given the World, the last night of the proms,

I think it's also very important to state though that the idea of protecting British culture is not the same as promoting a British-only culture which is the conclusion a lot of people seem to want to jump to as soon as it is mentioned. It saddens me people try to often use 'British culture' as a way of trying to demean their own heritage in asking pointless questions to the English they would never dream of asking an Irishman, African or Italian.

If you actually can't give an answer to the question of what it means to be British then I sort of have to pity the person, they clearly haven't decided to read, travel learn and educate themselves enough to enjoy and share in the collective achievements of a great nation and have completely lost touch which what there forefathers were able to enjoy. I'd even extend to things like PMQ's, something the rest of the World would cry out for. I've not even got onto our lovely cuisine either, Fish and Chips, Roast Dinners and Chicken Tikka....

How anyone cannot cruise down the coast of Devon, walk into St Pauls, sit in the garden at Glyndebourne, marvel at Chatsworth House or walk the hills of the Pennines and not feel wonderfully British whilst doing it will always escape me. It's like some people want to refuse to be something that's actually quite magnificent when we are at our best.

That;s absolutely nonsense, I saw tons of aboriginal stuff when I was in Aus, the whole town of Alice Springs is pretty much based on it even in this day and age.

As for British culture, personally I'd say it's mainly stems itself inside a person themselves, you read through a history of the great people from this island and they all tend to have common personal traits stemming from a stiff upper lip to a will to succeed to also enjoying some gallows homour when things haven't quite gone to play, for me personally when talking about a wider viewpoint of what British culture is then I'd say it's a a sense of community and a land where people should always try to be the best they can be. Somewhere where anyone can be anything and should have the freedom to do and say whatever want.

Our culture would also extend to the arts and writings of Shakespeare and Kipling, the poetry of Blake, the cinema of Hitchcock and the music of Handel and Elgar. The wonderful countryside we can enjoy, the fantastic sports we have given the World, the last night of the proms,

I think it's also very important to state though that the idea of protecting British culture is not the same as promoting a British-only culture which is the conclusion a lot of people seem to want to jump to as soon as it is mentioned. It saddens me people try to often use 'British culture' as a way of trying to demean their own heritage in asking pointless questions to the English they would never dream of asking an Irishman, African or Italian.

If you actually can't give an answer to the question of what it means to be British then I sort of have to pity the person, they clearly haven't decided to read, travel learn and educate themselves enough to enjoy and share in the collective achievements of a great nation and have completely lost touch which what there forefathers were able to enjoy. I'd even extend to things like PMQ's, something the rest of the World would cry out for. I've not even got onto our lovely cuisine either, Fish and Chips, Roast Dinners and Chicken Tikka....

How anyone cannot cruise down the coast of Devon, walk into St Pauls, sit in the garden at Glyndebourne, marvel at Chatsworth House or walk the hills of the Pennines and not feel wonderfully British whilst doing it will always escape me. It's like some people want to refuse to be something that's actually quite magnificent when we are at our best.

An absolutely wonderful post and one that goes some way of answering 'what is British culture?'

To me, all the things you've mentioned I've never thought of as being British, just an enjoyment of life but when you think about it, yes, you are quite right about the things this country has to offer that we should be proud of. Its not all complaining idiots, Jeremy Kyle and kiss me quick hats. The depth of the country is truly wonderful and part of what you said reminded me of why I moved to Cornwall.

I do disagree with you on Alice Springs. When I was there it was massively anti-aboriginee to the point people said bizarre things to me like, 'don't wear orange around them, it sends them mad' and one bar having a 'no abo' sign up.

Oh and Handel was a German immigrant.

An absolutely wonderful post and one that goes some way of answering 'what is British culture?'

To me, all the things you've mentioned I've never thought of as being British, just an enjoyment of life but when you think about it, yes, you are quite right about the things this country has to offer that we should be proud of. Its not all complaining idiots, Jeremy Kyle and kiss me quick hats. The depth of the country is truly wonderful and part of what you said reminded me of why I moved to Cornwall.

I do disagree with you on Alice Springs. When I was there it was massively anti-aboriginee to the point people said bizarre things to me like, 'don't wear orange around them, it sends them mad' and one bar having a 'no abo' sign up.

Oh and Handel was a German immigrant.

He was, and a great example of what can happen when a foreigner takes on being British and is greatly proud of it.

It's interesting you say you don't think of those things as being British but rather enjoying yourself, nothing wrong with that of course but I think were to we to do those sort of things in Paris ie visiting the Eiffel Tower or going to the opera in Sicily we'd probably enjoy them and see them as wonderful examples of French and Italian culture. We do seem to engage in a lot of Self-deprecation when it comes to what could be considered very British things to do.

Maybe that's actually a part of 'British culture'.

Are you contradicting yourself in this post? :D

In all seriousness though.... I don't think i have ever used the phrase Western Culture..... What exactly do you mean by it?

Well you could apply that too any culture ? In fact what is a culture ?  Why should there not be a " western culture" it denotes a hemisphere. Is there not an Eastern culture ? It's all subjective . Perhaps if you explain what YOU mean by culture I could explain my self a little easier. :thumbup:

The Rotherham child abuse scandal is still making news. It is a severe indictment of the local authority and the police who seem to have taken a very cavalier attitude to the child abuse which had been going on for several years.

Several meaning SIXTEEN, almost a generation. Imagine that, when the Labour party first let the rapists bugger girls, there were babies being born who grew up only to have their private parts infested with filthy young men.

According to the report by Professor Alexis Jay, the distinguished former inspector of social work in Scotland, almost all men involved were of Pakistani origin. Unfortunately, the council and the police wanted to play it down in order not to offend the Pakistani ethnic community.

To use that logic, doesn't the fact that we all know about this, offend the Muslims involved, in fact, surely it offends all Muslims?

The frontline staff felt unsure how to deal with this for fear of being labelled as racist.

Aha, I see where this is going, the Labour party thought, if we make people frightened to speak out against vile acts, and get the sheep to believe us cos we'll pretend to be lovey dovey, they we can get the muslim block vote by letting them get away with barbaric acts that they're used to in their motherland. Clever.

It is obvious from the report that the council and police put far greater emphasis on maintaining the image of successful diversity in Rotherham than on protecting children. The predator gangs operated with impunity for 16 years and the council staff in a most cowardly manner feared accusations of racism and imagined that any tough action might result in damaging community relations.

I'm sorry, I forgot that i'm a multiculturalist, my appologies, please let the muslims carry on racially rapping innocent white girls - multicultural enrichment.

Its supporters proclaim multiculturalism as a vehicle for prosperity, vibrancy and harmony. But in truth, as we can see from the fragmentation of our urban areas, it has resulted in division, separatism and distrust.

= Those that govern us will force us to love one another. Answer, that's not going to happen.

Does that mean the end of multiculturalism? No.

I'm confused. What is the future then? Answer, MORE horrors. Oh ok. When we sit in our seat on saturday, there may well be a muslim forcing the legs of a white girl open against her will, as she lay's on a makeshift bed, drugged up to prevent her from crying or screaming out for help, whilst the racist islamic paedophile forces his penis into her vagina. Hopefully, when city score, he won't inject her with sperm. But if he does, it won't matter, cos city will win, and it's far more important that we get three points than doing SOMETHING to help that little girl, who one day won't be your daughter, your niece, your sister.

Since the famous Lawrence enquiry

...made famous by the political elite who LET AT LEAST one thousand and for hundred white girls be abused, 

, I am worried that the pendulum has swung too far in the direction of hysterical, authoritarian anti-racism – a fear that any criticism of a particular racial, cultural or religious group will be seen as racist.We in Leicester have relentlessly fought against racism to bring about a more just and equitable society, and we can claim a large measure of success. However it appears that with the fear of being branded racist some of our ruling institutions have swung far to the opposite side and have become fearful of taking appropriate measures in enforcing the law.The fight against racial prejudice is a noble cause, one that inspired the civil rights activists in 60s America and the anti-apartheid struggle in South Africa. In Britain, too, an eagerness to root out bigotry helped to create an open inclusive society welcoming to all newcomers.. The advance of multiculturalism has been fuelled by the deepening official fixation with anti-racism.

Professor Jay criticised the police in Rotherham for their excessive reliance on the views of Muslim elders, an approach that undermined the protection of women and girls.

Far from promoting harmony, politically correct angst about racism by the authorities is undermining the fabric of our society, and it is innocent girls like those in Rotherham who are paying the price.

The Rotherham child abuse scandal is still making news. It is a severe indictment of the local authority and the police who seem to have taken a very cavalier attitude to the child abuse which had been going on for several years.

Several meaning SIXTEEN, almost a generation. Imagine that, when the Labour party first let the rapists bugger girls, there were babies being born who grew up only to have their private parts infested with filthy young men.

According to the report by Professor Alexis Jay, the distinguished former inspector of social work in Scotland, almost all men involved were of Pakistani origin. Unfortunately, the council and the police wanted to play it down in order not to offend the Pakistani ethnic community.

To use that logic, doesn't the fact that we all know about this, offend the Muslims involved, in fact, surely it offends all Muslims?

The frontline staff felt unsure how to deal with this for fear of being labelled as racist.

Aha, I see where this is going, the Labour party thought, if we make people frightened to speak out against vile acts, and get the sheep to believe us cos we'll pretend to be lovey dovey, they we can get the muslim block vote by letting them get away with barbaric acts that they're used to in their motherland. Clever.

It is obvious from the report that the council and police put far greater emphasis on maintaining the image of successful diversity in Rotherham than on protecting children. The predator gangs operated with impunity for 16 years and the council staff in a most cowardly manner feared accusations of racism and imagined that any tough action might result in damaging community relations.

I'm sorry, I forgot that i'm a multiculturalist, my appologies, please let the muslims carry on racially rapping innocent white girls - multicultural enrichment.

Its supporters proclaim multiculturalism as a vehicle for prosperity, vibrancy and harmony. But in truth, as we can see from the fragmentation of our urban areas, it has resulted in division, separatism and distrust.

= Those that govern us will force us to love one another. Answer, that's not going to happen.

Does that mean the end of multiculturalism? No.

I'm confused. What is the future then? Answer, MORE horrors. Oh ok. When we sit in our seat on saturday, there may well be a muslim forcing the legs of a white girl open against her will, as she lay's on a makeshift bed, drugged up to prevent her from crying or screaming out for help, whilst the racist islamic paedophile forces his penis into her vagina. Hopefully, when city score, he won't inject her with sperm. But if he does, it won't matter, cos city will win, and it's far more important that we get three points than doing SOMETHING to help that little girl, who one day won't be your daughter, your niece, your sister.

Since the famous Lawrence enquiry

...made famous by the political elite who LET AT LEAST one thousand and for hundred white girls be abused, AND THAT'S JUST IN ROTHERHAM, what about the rest of Yorkshire, England, Britain, Europe and beyond.

I am worried that the pendulum has swung too far in the direction of hysterical, authoritarian anti-racism – a fear that any criticism of a particular racial, cultural or religious group will be seen as racist.We in Leicester have relentlessly fought against racism to bring about a more just and equitable society, and we can claim a large measure of success.

There's no success, just illusion.

Guest MattP

lol

Quite astounding.

As for last question, probably yes in time for the greater good, great shame though that it might be neccesary to do that in a country once proud of it's sense of community spirit.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/KFC-say-ban-hand-wipes-Leicester-outlet/story-23015344-detail/story.html

:frusty:

Why stock them in the first place?

Do KFC believe in segregation? Lemon handwipes in Muslamic areas, Alcohol in Braunstone.

Is segregation the way forward?

Of course it isn't, if staff are too stupid to understand it's their fault.  They are still being used so it's really a non story.

Nothing to do with community spirit just Matt going off on tangents again.

Archived