Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

'Multiculturalism has resulted in division, separatism and distrust'

Multiculturalism only works with civilised people. New York is very multicultural and its one of the best cities in the world. Likewise with Miami, San Francisco etc.  

It wont work if people refuse to partially assimilate. 

Multiculturalism only works with civilised people. New York is very multicultural and its one of the best cities in the world. Likewise with Miami, San Francisco etc.  

It wont work if people refuse to partially assimilate. 

Thing is, you'll highly likely find thousands of immigrants in said cities that have never really adopted to the new surroundings and are leading a life in solitude and exclusion, mainly supported by their families, with little to no language skills.

The whole concept of the US is built on immigration, it is a constant in their history. Unlike in the UK.

Of course, I'm mainly talking about the older generation, but there still is a strong influx of people from abroad arriving in the US with hardly any desire to learn the language and the willingness to integrate. However, they tend to hide in the shadows, so you'll never get to see them anyway.

There's problems from start to finish on this. Alot of people saying, 'If he was white he'd be called racist'. Thats not actually true. Many white politicians and public speakers bring up this issue in a rational and intelligent way and nobody bats an eye. Any negativity usually comes when the source IS racist or bigoted which so leads to a problem of identity. Many feel that saying they are proud to be British or proud of their country, would be seen with racist connotations. Well thats because groups like the National Front, BNP and EDL, use the flag for their propaganda giving it an association that is in the main, unwanted. Its an unfortunate bi-product but will always happen. Years ago despite it being one of the coldest winters ever, walking down New Walk I was stopped by the Police and ordered to remove my balaclava on the grounds that it was suspicious. Its associated with bad shit so in some peoples mind, it can only be bad. The same happens at airports if you see a brown skinned man with a long beard holding a quaran. People irrationally shit themselves.

Its our own irrational thought about this subject that creates a hysterical outcome. There is nothing to fear on either side and there is no shame in being proud of your heritage wherever you are. If you think that people think you are a racist for loving your country then that is their problem not yours, just carry on with your life.

Personally, i've never felt like I love this country particularly and I've never realy been bothered about different races, religions etc living here. I'm mixed race so have experienced racism but not to am extent that if I see a Union Jack I immediately think NF. Its just a flag. As for the problems with the Pakistani community in Rotherham, there's no need to mention the ethnic origin of the community involved. Bad shit happens everywhere to everyone with all manner of people involved.

There's problems from start to finish on this. Alot of people saying, 'If he was white he'd be called racist'. Thats not actually true. Many white politicians and public speakers bring up this issue in a rational and intelligent way and nobody bats an eye. Any negativity usually comes when the source IS racist or bigoted which so leads to a problem of identity. Many feel that saying they are proud to be British or proud of their country, would be seen with racist connotations. Well thats because groups like the National Front, BNP and EDL, use the flag for their propaganda giving it an association that is in the main, unwanted. Its an unfortunate bi-product but will always happen. Years ago despite it being one of the coldest winters ever, walking down New Walk I was stopped by the Police and ordered to remove my balaclava on the grounds that it was suspicious. Its associated with bad shit so in some peoples mind, it can only be bad. The same happens at airports if you see a brown skinned man with a long beard holding a quaran. People irrationally shit themselves.

Its our own irrational thought about this subject that creates a hysterical outcome. There is nothing to fear on either side and there is no shame in being proud of your heritage wherever you are. If you think that people think you are a racist for loving your country then that is their problem not yours, just carry on with your life.

Personally, i've never felt like I love this country particularly and I've never realy been bothered about different races, religions etc living here. I'm mixed race so have experienced racism but not to am extent that if I see a Union Jack I immediately think NF. Its just a flag. As for the problems with the Pakistani community in Rotherham, there's no need to mention the ethnic origin of the community involved. Bad shit happens everywhere to everyone with all manner of people involved.

There is every need to mention the ethnic origin of those involved: Rotherham isn't an isolated case - there have been several such cases, each time the perpetrators being overwhelmngly of Pakistani origin, the victims almost exclusively white. Ignoring this fact on the grounds of racial harmony is precisely what allowed it to go on unchecked in Rotherham.

The Pakistani community has a problem which needs addressing, not dismissing out of political correctness.

I agree with Buce! lol!!

Can't believe people are still advocating the 'under the carpet' approach to these issues after what has happened.

As for "negativity comes when the source IS racist", who is deciding who is racist and who isn't? The EDL talked about islamification of British schools, got accused of being racist, turns out they were right. They talked about home grown support for Islamic extremism, got accused of being racist, turns out they were right. They talked about Muslim paedophile gangs, got accused of being racist, turns out they were right. It seems to me that whoever is responsible for making these accusations of racism hasn't got a particularly strong track record. Maybe it's time the accusers opened their minds a bit, rather than instantly dismissing anything they don't want to hear as racism.

Are there some people out there that still want to pretend we shouldn't differentiate between certain groups even when behaviour patterns have become so obvious? , it's laughable.

This is exactly why this was allowed to happen. Seriously Betts thousands of kids were raped here, it's time to stop this with an iron fist, not more panderment that results in more victims.

Why do you seperate the 2, you can be both, be proud of your country, and be multicultural.

For me personally the two are incompatible.

If you are proud of your country, you must feel that our culture, history, societal norms etc are to be proud of and worth preserving.

All multiculturalism does is slowly erode and replace that.

Actually, true multiculturalism is probably a good thing. But what we have in Leicester isn't ideal by any means. We just have pockets of different third world cultures inhabiting different parts of the City and in no way assimilating.

Driving down Melton Road and Belgrave gate on Thursday playing spot the white guy (I couldn't) left me feeling ashamed rather than proud. Is that racist? Maybe it is, but it's how I feel. 

If you are proud of your country, you must feel that our culture, history, societal norms etc are to be proud of and worth preserving.

Actually, true multiculturalism is probably a good thing. But what we have in Leicester isn't ideal by any means. We just have pockets of different third world cultures inhabiting different parts of the City and in no way assimilating.

Driving down Melton Road and Belgrave gate on Thursday playing spot the white guy (I couldn't) left me feeling ashamed rather than proud. Is that racist? Maybe it is, but it's how I feel. 

Human beings will congregate in places where they find their kinsfolk. Its only natural, hence you find Chinatowns in different cities all over the world. 

A lot of people have complained about multiculturalism, but what progressive solutions are there to the issues they raise?

Imo yes. I was born and raised in that area, I've worked around there countless times. The people there are, by and large, just ordinary folk who want to get on with their lives. They have a different religion but so what? They aren't out to get us or force us to become like them. Live and let live mate.

I don't know, I just find it odd that you would be ashamed because you were in an area with few white faces, its a pigmantation of the skin why on earth would you care?

And like Kareem said it's commonn for races to congregate with their own, white people do it too, so why the blame falls solely on other cultures is ridiculas. 

We've always been multicultural to a greater or lesser degree the big differences to the past is that they weren't significantly different cultures, they did not look significantly different and there wasn't such significant numbers all in one place.

I don't know, I just find it odd that you would be ashamed because you were in an area with few white faces, its a pigmantation of the skin why on earth would you care?

And like Kareem said it's commonn for races to congregate with their own, white people do it too, so why the blame falls solely on other cultures is ridiculas. 

Agreed. If I book up for an Age UK holiday I am going to play spot the 20 yr old.

1000's of kids have been abused in catholic run facilities over the last 100 years. I'm not sayimg dont deal with issue. What i'm saying is, its not a pakistani custom to rape children, its just a criminal issue so mentioning pakistani as if they are the only ones guilty of these sort of crimes is ridiculous and breeds division.

This is a useless analogy even by your standards, Ken.

Would make sense if Age UK was once made up of 20 year olds who got pushed out by the elderly. 

Yeah OK it does seem bad from one view but I was just agreeing with the point that people of similar culture stay mainly together so you would never find a 20  year old on a elder persons holiday. Unless they are the guide. the same way you would not see a white face in a non-white community. Nothing to be ashamed of..

National traditions and norms are being eroded as the world is getting smaller and there's nothing we can do about it. We might as well get used to it, population in the developing world is soaring and the UK is one of the biggest pulls for historical, linguistic and economic reasons. Even in America which is currently lauded by the UK right as having tough immigration laws, there are nearly as many foreign born people as the entire population of Spain. Personally I couldn't give a shit, nationality and religion are both man made concepts and the idea of 'race' is outdated anyway.

Don't understand how you can be proud of multiculturalism, proud that other people from different cultures have been brought into the same country as you that you hardly have anything in common with? Weird thing to be proud of. I'm proud of doing a degree, or getting a job but that's just a left wing agenda.

Don't understand how you can be proud of multiculturalism, proud that other people from different cultures have been brought into the same country as you? Weird thing to be proud of. I'm proud of doing a degree, or getting a job but that's just a left wing agenda.

Who says they've been "brought in"? While still being concerned about the numbers of immigrants, you can be proud and pleased that you live in a prosperous country that attracts people.

Who says they've been "brought in"? While still being concerned about the numbers of immigrants, you can be proud and pleased that you live in a prosperous country that attracts people.

That's a different thing though,

I'm not proud of a fundamentally racist concept such as multiculturalism

All multiculturalism does is slowly erode and replace that..

Our History, societal norms, our culture has been born on the back of multiculturalism.

French, Belgiums, Anglos, Saxon, Normans, Welsh, Irish, Scots, Spanish, Portugese, ex-slaves, Jews, Catholic, Protestants,

Old-age Muslims, Hindus, Germans, Italians,oh and the Greeks even these mentioned were of mixed blood.

It seems like many all around the world, white Brits, like All asians, all Africans etc are and have been for 1000s of yrs, a meltingpot of multiculturism,Nationality has always been a bag of mixed confusions.

Even more strange when Africans, Indians, Pakistanis, east Asians pull out the racist cards, their societies have been suffering

with it from inside without a so called whiteman ever being involved.

Archived