Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Foxestalk's Friendly Tipping Competition

I'm having a mare in here

you're not the only one haha, out of my last 3 doubles ive not only had three losing bets but 6 losing selections lol.

hopefully this weekend will be the one to see a few more of us back on track

cracking double that, i think £34 profit from one bet is our biggest winner to date (unless anyone wants to correct me lol). you and donut back in the profit thanks to belgium.

My weekend effort is a fairly simple £10 on Argentina to beat brazil @ 6/4.

Only a friendly but obviously both sides want to win. Argentina destroyed germany in a friendly last international break, and that was without messi who is back. Brazil looked laboured recording two uninspiring 1-0 wins and dunga is a boring coach, already seemingly getting excuses in about smog in Beijing and lack of training time etc. hopefully the argies can do the business against a brazil without Tiago silva amongst others.

Does mine count as weekend or midweek?

If I'm on four then I'm tempted to stick Romania & Scotland as mine this weekend. I'll fetch you the odds if so.

Not by my pc so can't check but I'm 99% sure that would've been your midweek tip for weds/thurs/friday and your fourth in total. So fire away with a saturday/Sunday one if you've had a look through and found something to start you on a roll climbing to the top of the table haha :D

Romania (3/4) vs Hungary - Home win

Romania are very decent at home and should add another  3 points to the board following a 1-0 away win at Greece.

Scotland (7/10) vs Georgia - Home win

I like the look of this Scottish side. They ran Germany close last time out and with bags of energy, enthusiasm and the Tartan Army behind them I can see them picking up a win.

£10 double pays £29.98 (bwin)

Scousefox, this tip will be a £10 single

Saturday 11th October, European Championships Qualifiers

Scotland v Georgia (4/6)

Scotland look a much better side under Gordon Strachan, and with a tough trip to Germany out of the way, will fancy their chances of picking up all 3 points against Georgia.

The two sides dont have much history, sharing 1 win each from 2 meetings, but recent form at Hampden has been decent. Georgia themselves will be no pusheovers, having mustered 10 points in their previous European Championships qualifying, and having beaten Croatia and taken points off qualifiers Greece and Croatia in the process, whilst being handed a daunting World Cup qualifying group they proved a competitive match for Spain and France, only conceding 10 goals in their 8 group games.

Goal scoring is an issue for them though, and Scotland should have enough to see them off in a tight encounter.

£10 returns £16.70 for a £6.70 profit

All got a bit messy with these thursday/friday/saturday/sunday etc internationals with a few posters and bets mixing midweek and weekend selections i think, I make it that by Sunday night the max amount of tips anyone should've given is 5. archem is on 5 now so last night's tip is technically his weekend tip i believe?

quite a few on 4 so just a weekend one to come which is great. anyone who's given us 2/3 so far feel free to double up over the next few days, on tonight's football, racing, darts etc and then a further tip over the weekend too to get yourself to 5 tips overall come the beginning of next week. only if you want to though, don't force anything and end up losing unnecessarily! 

will wait until monday morning or so to update the table because we've still got some tips "pending", waiting on (hopefully) a winner tonight or over the weekend, including the likes of DanLCFC and Donut both hoping for Belgium to turn it on and keep it tight simultaneously tonight to land their respective doubles! 

Will seek out my weekend effort some time this evening i think. 

yep I've refrained from anymore losing tips. Annoyingly I was gonna back Ukraine,Iceland and Croatia which came in but Spain screwed me over instead ha.

Weekend selection...

Morecambe v Wycombe under 2.5

Bristol C v Chesterfield under 2.5

£10 pays £36.30

Fvcking goal-fest in both games  lol . Obviously my idea that 4 top six teams who don't concede many was a load of bollox. Terrible stuff 

Right then, I think everyone who gave a weekend tip has now seen their tip either win or lose, so a table update. 

This week's big winners and shakers involve Donut, Tom17LCFC (again!), HowardsBulletHeader (again!) and a return to form for Hirsty The Blue 94, as well as enjoyable first winning doubles from the likes of Bert, Ross-Kemp and DanLCFC. 

This week's unluckiest losing tip has got to go to Watson who tipped up Sheff U. If you weren't following, they were losing heading into the 90th minute, scored twice in the 90th and 91st minutes to take a 2-1 lead and conceded in the 99th minute to throw away two points and £10 of Watson's money! Nightmare. Romania also ruffled a few feathers, with 3 or 4 posters waiting on their win vs Hungary which never was thanks to a late equaliser. 

78499bc7-5088-43b3-a229-b81416de47ae.png

With the internationals still messing with our usual Tuesday/Wednesday and Saturday/Sunday styled schedule I'll take any tips from now until Friday to be this midweek's tip, so we can get some England tips, some decent Sunday racing etc if we're feeling something, as well as the rest of the action in midweek as normal into this set of tips before getting back to our bread and butter come Saturday when everything gets back to normal. Fire away gents. 

Belarus v Slovakia @2.45

Slovakia have 2 great wins in the group so far against Ukraine and Spain. Belarus have a draw against lowly Luxembourg to their name and a defeat v the Ukraine.

Barnsley v Bradford @3.00

Barnsley sit 17th in league one with one home win and three defeats. Bradford are 7th and are unbeaten away from home, winning three and drawing two. They are also the only team to beat the impressive MK Dons at home in the league this season.

£10 returns £73.50

Midweek for me;

Andorra vs Israel -3 (7/5); I'm warming to Donut's idea of Andorra, San Marino and Gibraltar being on their own level of shit. I fancy Israel to slap these as a result.

Croatia -2 (5/4) vs Azerbaijan; Bit risky I know, but I could see them winning this 3 or 4 nil.

£10 to return £54.

Archived