Eastwellfox Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 In Maidenhead. I am surrounded by Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs fans and for the first time my team were the topic of conversation. Great feeling been talking about yesterday all morning. Even got a clap when I walked in. So proud!!
Fox_in_a_Box Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 I take great pleasure in thinking about how shit the plastic Man U fans must of felt sitting in with all us lot in the home section, could spot them a mile off. Pure scenes!
Biggus Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 Working from home this morning. Couldn't believe my eyes to see a chap walking past the house with a Man Utd sweat shirt on! "Not the fashion of the day in these parts" I thought to myself. What is he doing behind enemy lines on a day like today?
Vlad the Fox Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 Working from home this morning. Couldn't believe my eyes to see a chap walking past the house with a Man Utd sweat shirt on! "Not the fashion of the day in these parts" I thought to myself. What is he doing behind enemy lines on a day like today? Probably thinks they won. At 3-1 he got out his armchair and went shopping with his mrs.
Carl the Llama Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 Thought this was going to be about Lamby.
Chug Laguna Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 Somebody at work actually asked me if it was my team that beat the Chevy team in the UK. He recalled the Leicester sticker from my car. That's market saturation folks. We've made it to the big time.
docho66 Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 I received a chorus of praise for the Leicester squad and management via social media! I even received a Tweet from my friend in Belgium, congratulating me! haha. My friends seem to think I masterminded the whole game or something!
The Year Of The Fox Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 At our 5 a side league last night there was a lad in a United shirt. Still being pissed from the game I looked at him pointed and burst out laughing. He just said 'you can't choose who you support mate' The irony being as though he obviously was local
Eastwellfox Posted 22 September 2014 Author Posted 22 September 2014 I received a chorus of praise for the Leicester squad and management via social media! I even received a Tweet from my friend in Belgium, congratulating me! haha. My friends seem to think I masterminded the whole game or something! had exactly thesame heard from people on fb and text that i hadnt heard from in a long time. I feel like i have achieved something major just by going towatch a football match.
VLC86 Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 I flew back to Italy today and a guy on the flight was wearing a United shirt. Landed in Italy, 26 degrees and all of a sudden he felt a bit cold and put his hoodie on when he saw my City shirt, bless him.
foxfanazer Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 I received a chorus of praise for the Leicester squad and management via social media! I even received a Tweet from my friend in Belgium, congratulating me! haha. My friends seem to think I masterminded the whole game or something!Don't be so modest
suffolk fox Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 Best one I know was my boss who is a plastic armchair Man Utd fan even has a plastic street sign on his desk Old Trafford. He told me this morning, "at 3 1 up and cruising the game I switched over channels to watch formula 1". An hour later I switched back over to get the full time score? I just couldn't believe it when I saw Leicester had won 5 3". lol
Matt Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 I still can't get the smile of my face (And long may it continue - although my face is aching a little now! ). There's no 'out and out' United fans at my work, there are 2 or 3 who like United and like them to do well but they aren't fans/supporters as such but I got a bit out of them this morning, my favourite 'We were alright until the ref decided to join Leicester', I don't think they quite understood the irony in that statement.
ALC Fox Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 I work in Cov and I got an actual pat on the back from a Cov fan. He even went as far as saying "everyone in Leicester deserves a pat on the back today". I thought I was dreaming!
Finchy Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 I sit opposite a United 'fan' from Wolverhampton. Had to be done.
Guest Bilo Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 Teaching today has been the business. The absolute business. I walked into the staffroom to be congratulated by two other teachers (Leeds and Arsenal if you're wondering), and have heard nothing but 'Leicester are absolutely sick, sir' and 'Vardy should play for England.' Excellent, kids. Have an A*. I'm feeling generous today.
Carl the Llama Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 Haha just got a text calling me a cheeky twat - Manc coworker's found the picture of Cambiasso celebrating I hid in his till. Just Vardy, Ulloa, the 5-3 scoreboard, and an image of LVG & Giggs looking dumbstruck to go.
the_smith Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 Not a better feeling than walking in and feeling like a smug cvnt! Im not going to deny it, i have been a very bad winner today but i dont care! I even washed my city shirt last night so i could wear it today! 2 plastic and 1 semi genuine (he's been on a stadium tour)... eating nothing but humble pie! I changed their background with various shots of the mighty day. I had to stop tho as my voice finally went after singing my hear out at the game! United are going to smash us, they said...but...Vardy said NO!
Fox92 Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 Best one I know was my boss who is a plastic armchair Man Utd fan even has a plastic street sign on his desk Old Trafford. He told me this morning, "at 3 1 up and cruising the game I switched over channels to watch formula 1". An hour later I switched back over to get the full time score? I just couldn't believe it when I saw Leicester had won 5 3". lol I don't understand how people can turn it over during a game if they support any of the teams involved. Regardless of the score.
foxes_rule1978 Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 I don't understand how people can turn it over during a game if they support any of the teams involved. Regardless of the score. Ridiculous , I can kind of understand turning over to check on the F1 for 5 mins but for the rest of the game that is stupid.
ramaiya2 Posted 22 September 2014 Posted 22 September 2014 Amazing day at work, Got a derby, Man utd, forest, sheffield Wednesday, and villa fans in the office. Just can't stop smiling. Keep sending test messages to everyone - WHAT DO MAN UTD AND RICHARD 3RD HAVE IN COMMEN? THEY BOTH GOT BURIED IN LEICESTER Just can't stop smiling Amazing, Amazing day. Wasn't even angry when the system went down at 4:45pm and had to stay till 7pm
jammie82uk Posted 23 September 2014 Posted 23 September 2014 I spent the day listening to a whinging fan reckoning we shouldn't have had 4 of the goals allowed because the Ref was appalling Ulloa's first was out of play before the cross, foul on Raffael before the pen, foul on matta before vardy's goal and finally a foul on blackett before he took vardy out in the box
foxfanazer Posted 23 September 2014 Posted 23 September 2014 I spent the day listening to a whinging fan reckoning we shouldn't have had 4 of the goals allowed because the Ref was appalling Ulloa's first was out of play before the cross, foul on Raffael before the pen, foul on matta before vardy's goal and finally a foul on blackett before he took vardy out in the box Wow I haven't heard anybody complain about a foul on Mata! That's seriously desperate!
jammie82uk Posted 23 September 2014 Posted 23 September 2014 Wow I haven't heard anybody complain about a foul on Mata! That's seriously desperate!Certainly is, he also used this as 'proof' to prove the ball was out of playhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByEH64LCcAAEpqB.jpg:large
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.