HankMarvin Posted 23 September 2014 Posted 23 September 2014 Leicester players blessed by MONKS ahead of Manchester United thrashing Getty Helping hand: Nigel Pearson embraces a monk after the win Leicester players were blessed by Buddhist monks prior to their dramatic 5-3 win over Manchester United on Sunday. Nigel Pearson's men came back from 2-0 down at the King Power Stadium to secure back-to-back wins and rise to eighth in the table. And according to the Mail, they were given a helping hand before kick-off. The Foxes' Thai owner, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has flown in monks from the Far East in recent times and a marquee was erected at the stadium earlier this season. In three matches at the KP, Leicester have drawn with Arsenal and Everton and now thumped United. Sunday's scorers David Nugent and Jamie Vardy wore necklaces featuring Buddha figures after the clash. Nugent said: "The Buddhist monks have been in. I hope we'll see them more often." Delete if already posted!!!!!!!
HankMarvin Posted 23 September 2014 Author Posted 23 September 2014 Looks like Niglel was carrying him, until a second glance shows the monk is huge!!!
lgfualol Posted 23 September 2014 Posted 23 September 2014 I dont think our wins have anything to do with monks
Unabomber Posted 23 September 2014 Posted 23 September 2014 Wasn't that picture taken at the QPR game? Stop saying all monks look the same, that's racist.
Corky Posted 23 September 2014 Posted 23 September 2014 Stop saying all monks look the same, that's racist. More amazed that Nigel can pull exactly the same pose five months apart
David Lowe Posted 23 September 2014 Posted 23 September 2014 I dont think our wins have anything to do with monks Do you think Swansea's wins have anything to do with Monk?
separator Posted 23 September 2014 Posted 23 September 2014 Stop saying all monks look the same, that's racist. I was mistaken for a monk once (I think??). At the time I was in a temple in Bangkok and had a shaved head (wasn't wearing orange though), a load of Japanese tourists wanted their photo taken with me, which I did. Thought it was a bit strange but went with the flow. My mate then mentioned the monk lookalike thing afterwards.
sylofox Posted 23 September 2014 Posted 23 September 2014 Do you think Swansea's wins have anything to do with Monk? Yeah Bobby Monk in the anal cavity lol
airi Posted 23 September 2014 Posted 23 September 2014 I was mistaken for a monk once (I think??). At the time I was in a temple in Bangkok and had a shaved head (wasn't wearing orange though), a load of Japanese tourists wanted their photo taken with me, which I did. Thought it was a bit strange but went with the flow. My mate then mentioned the monk lookalike thing afterwards. i dont think they mistook u for a monk
separator Posted 23 September 2014 Posted 23 September 2014 i dont think they mistook u for a monk Yes I think your right, but my mate who was there at the time swears blind that was why so its sort of stuck over the years.
Biggus Posted 24 September 2014 Posted 24 September 2014 It's about time the LCFC shop started selling some Bhuddist merchandise. e.g. Bhudda in an LCFC shirt, LCFC Sarong, Words of Wisdom (from Nigel of course). Would it also be a good idea for one game where the fans in SK1 wear Orange Sarongs in tribute to the Monks? Discuss (tin hat on)
mozartfox Posted 24 September 2014 Posted 24 September 2014 Love the Monks, but their home kit is a shocking color. I can see 'Arry and Dychie trying to get a few 'top' monks in during the January window if their results do not improve.
Finnegan Posted 24 September 2014 Posted 24 September 2014 I was mistaken for a monk once (I think??). At the time I was in a temple in Bangkok and had a shaved head (wasn't wearing orange though), a load of Japanese tourists wanted their photo taken with me, which I did. Thought it was a bit strange but went with the flow. My mate then mentioned the monk lookalike thing afterwards. I was in a temple in Hong Kong a few years back and a group of mainland Chinese tourists mobbed my dad and his missu' son for a group photo pretty much just because they're both 6ft+ and Gweilo. Pretty sure Japanese tourists know what a Buddhist monk looks like. They probably just thought "haha, look at that bald gaijin, take a photo of me with it!"
dedlock Posted 24 September 2014 Posted 24 September 2014 The shaven headed 'monk' in the team,E.C.,may have more to do with the win. Abandoning his razor appears to have an opposite effect on Konch.
VLC86 Posted 24 September 2014 Posted 24 September 2014 Love the Monks, but their home kit is a shocking color. I can see 'Arry and Dychie trying to get a few 'top' monks in during the January window if their results do not improve. Dyke could afford monks so had to go with Mystic Meg instead "and those playing in Claret won't be celebrating toooOooOo"
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.