Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Noel Gallagher - Chasing Yesterday (New Ablum)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whole album is streaming on itunes... a massive massive meh.

I liked his first solo album, it had a bit of something about it, but after one listen this seems instantly forgettable and bland.

Don't say that... I'm going to buy it when it comes out next week.

Whole album is streaming on itunes... a massive massive meh.

I liked his first solo album, it had a bit of something about it, but after one listen this seems instantly forgettable and bland.

My initial thoughts too after one listen.

Listening to Noel's solo stuff just makes me realise how much of a difference liam's singing made. The lyrics are the same ambiguous faff based on be/see/light/alright etc rhyming basics that's been played to death over 20 years. Without Liam's vox this sounds suspiciously close to pub rock/dad rock.

Beady Eye were pretty weak, but I'd take The Roller, Start Anew and Bring the Light over any of Noel's solo stuff.

And their version of Sons of the Stage is mint.

Had to cram some listens in before I go and see him/them live, not a big fan TBH...summut to do innit.  Lyrics are Noels usual throwaway nonsense, thought he might experiment a little more with his new band, most sound like Oasis B sides to me.

Safe to say he smashed it last night in Nottingham.

Yep, great night, I was surprised how well received the new songs were, given that the album only came out monday, must be amazing to have your songs sung back to you only a few days after they were released.

Take it back, takes a few listens (with headphones) and I like it now. Dying of the light, Riverman, Right stuff especially at the moment.

The highlight of the album for me, it's the only time Noel actually changes musically from his previous stuff.

Archived