Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Wasilewski

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I don't see how our defence are the reason we're losing points here.

We lost to Newcastle because in 92 minutes we gave their keeper a mishit cross to worry about, and nothing else. We lost because we couldn't control the ball, and when we did go forward the last ball was pathetic. Midfield to blame.

Against Burnley we drew because we lost our heads. We were in control, and then gave it up when they pulled one back. When the 90 minutes was up we got scared, gave the ball away consistently and ended up giving away a needless free kick. (Has anyone else noticed how many far post free kicks have been struck since that goal that the keeper got nowhere near?Maybe Kasper wasn't so wrong...?) Midfield (and wall) to blame.

We dropped points at Palace because we were stifled-we had no outlets and they had free rein down our flanks. Our defending at one of the free kicks wasn't great, the other (I forget the order now and can't be arsed to rewatch) was just too good. Formation of front 6 to blame.

Moore hasn't been perfect, but he has been excellent, and with a bit more quality/intelligence in front of him the last three games would have been very different IMO. Konch has made one mistake but otherwise been great. RDL has definitely got room to improve, and we have a replacement, but I think people underestimate the value he brings to the side. Kasper's pros outweigh his cons.

To me, I think we need to bring Vardy back in, which I'm afraid means putting Leo on the bench. James is still a bit rusty but he will come good. I would like to see more from DD though-at the moment King seems to offer a lot more all round. The other weak link is Schlupp, and I'm not sure about the solution. Albrighton RW, Mahrez LW? Mahrez RW, Knocky LW? Vice-versa?

Anyway, long rant to say attack is the best form of defence, and our attack has been dog. That's where we should focus in my view.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I don't see how our defence are the reason we're losing points here.

We lost to Newcastle because in 92 minutes we gave their keeper a mishit cross to worry about, and nothing else. We lost because we couldn't control the ball, and when we did go forward the last ball was pathetic. Midfield to blame.

Against Burnley we drew because we lost our heads. We were in control, and then gave it up when they pulled one back. When the 90 minutes was up we got scared, gave the ball away consistently and ended up giving away a needless free kick. (Has anyone else noticed how many far post free kicks have been struck since that goal that the keeper got nowhere near?Maybe Kasper wasn't so wrong...?) Midfield (and wall) to blame.

We dropped points at Palace because we were stifled-we had no outlets and they had free rein down our flanks. Our defending at one of the free kicks wasn't great, the other (I forget the order now and can't be arsed to rewatch) was just too good. Formation of front 6 to blame.

Moore hasn't been perfect, but he has been excellent, and with a bit more quality/intelligence in front of him the last three games would have been very different IMO. Konch has made one mistake but otherwise been great. RDL has definitely got room to improve, and we have a replacement, but I think people underestimate the value he brings to the side. Kasper's pros outweigh his cons.

To me, I think we need to bring Vardy back in, which I'm afraid means putting Leo on the bench. James is still a bit rusty but he will come good. I would like to see more from DD though-at the moment King seems to offer a lot more all round. The other weak link is Schlupp, and I'm not sure about the solution. Albrighton RW, Mahrez LW? Mahrez RW, Knocky LW? Vice-versa?

Anyway, long rant to say attack is the best form of defence, and our attack has been dog. That's where we should focus in my view.

We dropped points at Palace because we couldn't DEFEND from two set pieces.

... and nothing to do with the fact that statistically we have the joint worst attack in the Premiership away from home?

If We'd not conceded we wouldn't have lost...

If We'd not conceded we wouldn't have lost...

Yeah I know how numbers work.

You don’t though:

WORST away attack in the league. The worst. Joint with QPR. 1 paltry goal scored.

THIRD best away defence in the league. Better than Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd.

And you're hammering the defence? Odd.

You don’t though:

WORST away attack in the league. The worst. Joint with QPR. 1 paltry goal scored.

THIRD best away defence in the league. Better than Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd.

What do we need to do in attack then Jose?

You don’t though:

Hold onto the ball in the second half of games. Pass backwards if necessary. If there's no cross on, don't cross it. Be patient. Draw them forward and attack with pace. Be clinical. Don't get within 25 yards of the byeline and hoof it hopefully towards the big lad.

If you want an illustration of winning games against similar opponents, look at what Palace did to us. We were riding high and they stopped us dead, played to their strengths and converted their chances. We had one shot on target all match, despite 60% possession.

To me, our defence didn't defend badly in any of the last three games. But we didn't threaten enough to keep the opposition honest, so they could afford to commit more to the attack.

Don't think it's terminal. Bit of confidence and some tactical tweaking and we'll be away, and once we're dangerous up the other end again, no one will look at the back four.

RDL; Schlupp; Konch;--Just not good enough to be first choices in any Premiership team. They are lost souls, so far. Work ethic is not a problem, but ability sure as hell is.

Well, that's my view chaps.

RDL has annoyed plenty of people, but I think he's worth persevering with. Can understand frustration though.

Schlupp is looking less and less a Premier League player each time he starts, but presumably Nigel sees something. I don't think he should start for a while.

But you're dead wrong on Konch, one of the stand out players of our season so far. A shaky game against Newcastle (which mostly amounted to that catastrophic back pass) and the haters are back out. He's been a revelation this season for me...

• 2 months later...

Archived