Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Wasilewski

Agree 100% with Bert. Liam has been brilliant so far, however he is young and his nativity has forced him to make one or two of these impressive blocks. To be a success you need to be able handle everything your profession throws at you.

Resting him for a few games will not hurt him, and despite what a lot of people may think he has been at fault for some of the goals. Now, for me Was has to start against Swansea, and all of this wet talk about him not being fast enough for the premier league is bollocks, he has experience playing in the champions league for crying out loud, the premier league will suite him more than the championship in terms of pace. Two experienced heads is what we need, plus Was has played at a much higher level than Wes for most of his career, maybe Wes needs someone more mature along side him for a while.

I think our Liam's nativity will only be an issue in the run in to Christmas

Not scoring enough goals is as big a problem if not more so. As our game philosophy is to attack we were bound to concede a goal or two but it should have bought us goals against Crystal Palace and Newcastle.

You never read Cloughies book then.

You can not lose if you don't concede but you can draw or win.

one clean sheet is not good enough we can and will score goals.

You never read Cloughies book then.

You can not lose if you don't concede but you can draw or win.

one clean sheet is not good enough we can and will score goals.

Well I think you should be posting this to Pearson it's his philosophy not mine. :P

Although I will say I'm all for it as I go to the football to see my team playing good quality attacking football scoring goals or at the very least trying to score goals. I've no big problem about whether we get clean sheets or not as long as we're scoring more than the opposition, entertainments the name of the game for me if you're trying to score goals there's always the risk you will concede especially when playing in a league were most of the teams are better and / or more acclimatised.

Watching my team park the bus is not something I enjoy.

Well I think you should be posting this to Pearson it's his philosophy not mine. :P

Although I will say I'm all for it as I go to the football to see my team playing good quality attacking football scoring goals or at the very least trying to score goals. I've no big problem about whether we get clean sheets or not as long as we're scoring more than the opposition, entertainments the name of the game for me if you're trying to score goals there's always the risk you will concede especially when playing in a league were most of the teams are better and / or more acclimatised.

Watching my team park the bus is not something I enjoy.

I totaly agree but first year up and still building a squad a season of parked bus to me out ways going down.

To me though you don't have to park the bus just be a little more savy.

I totaly agree but first year up and still building a squad a season of parked bus to me out ways going down.

To me though you don't have to park the bus just be a little more savy.

I'm sure that's what Pearson believes he's doing, sure it doesn't help conceding but it also doesn't help when we spurn chances to score. It's not always easy to defend there's a fair amount of luck involved but missing simple chances is not down to luck.

Am I the only one who thinks he should have done better for the Newcastle goal? As soon as the winger comes inside the full back, he should be there to make the tackle.

winger came from our right flank, Wes' side not Liam's

3-5-2 o neill formation with wing backs may get Was in the team. Kasper in goal. 3 centre halves was and wes going for the first ball with moore sweeping behind Drinkwater James and king /Hammond or cambiasso . a middle 3 . With De Laet and Schlupp as wing backs vardy and Ulloa up front . Only trouble is Mahrez is missing and he's our most creative player. Not sure he could play wing back he may b able to play just behind a centre forward tho

3-5-2 o neill formation with wing backs may get Was in the team. Kasper in goal. 3 centre halves was and wes going for the first ball with moore sweeping behind Drinkwater James and king /Hammond or cambiasso . a middle 3 . With De Laet and Schlupp as wing backs vardy and Ulloa up front . Only trouble is Mahrez is missing and he's our most creative player. Not sure he could play wing back he may b able to play just behind a centre forward tho

problem is most teams only play 1 up now which makes 3 at the back redundant

Anyone who thinks Danny Simpson is the answer is deluded.

why? He has a proven prem track record of being a decent right back, de Laet is being exposed fairly frequently

Anyone who thinks Danny Simpson is the answer is deluded.

About as deluded as someone that's decided he's not the answer before seeing him start a game for us.

------------------------------------kasper--------------------------------

simpson------------morgan----------------moore----------------konchesky

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------was------------------cambiasso--------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mahrez--------------------drinkwater------------------vardy------------

-------------------------------ulloa--------------------------------------------

we have to stop leaking goals lol

Only reason id drop Moore at the moment, is if he is tired and only he and NP will know that.

He's a young lad and has been playing every week in his first prem season, (Marking Prem strikers is a fair bit more tiring than champ) and including internationals it could have worn him down? Maybe a break would help just for his long term development rather than anything else.

At this stage for me its.... Moore>Was>Upson (until we see MU actually fit and playing)

Only reason id drop Moore at the moment, is if he is tired and only he and NP will know that.

He's a young lad and has been playing every week in his first prem season, (Marking Prem strikers is a fair bit more tiring than champ) and including internationals it could have worn him down? Maybe a break would help just for his long term development rather than anything else.

At this stage for me its.... Moore>Was>Upson (until we see MU actually fit and playing)

That's a fair point I hadn't thought of

I can't see what our centre-backs have done wrong so far for Wasilewski to warrant a starting place.

Morgan and Moore have done pretty well and somehow even exceeded my expectations (inexperience at top flight level, Morgan's lack of speed, the quality of the opposition, etc.).

If at all, we'd need to look at Richie De Laet and his eagerness moving forward and subsequently, his troubles tracking back when hit on the counter, which can and already has cost us dearly (see the Newcastle game).

The problem with Wasikewski isn't his lack of pace. I doubt he's much if any slower than Morgan. I've never suggested he has a lack of pace. The problem with him for me is he runs under the ball a lot, he regularly loses his man, and he's just a bit of a thug. Some fans see it as funny when he flings the elbows about, commits unnecessary fouls. I don't at all. Not my cup of tea.

I think Moore's done really well so far. He's only being highlighted because the team have been poor last few games. He's made the step up well.

I can't comment on how good or not Upson is because I've rarely seen him play. I do think he's been brought here to play though, not sit on the bench. He's very dominant in the air according to a friend with a Stoke season ticket (who was disappointed he left and preferred him to Wilson and Huth).

Kasper doesn't help our centre halves either. He's useless at commanding his area.

I'm also a De Laet fan. I thought he had a shaky start but has improved game by game. I didn't go to Newcastle so can't say how good/bad he was. If Simpson is better and more solid then maybe he deserves a run.

Am I the only one who thinks he should have done better for the Newcastle goal? As soon as the winger comes inside the full back, he should be there to make the tackle.

No this is just getting ridiculous now.

For the Newcastle goal, why is de Laet in the left-wing position taking a shot? It's him that is out of position, that gives Newcastle the break down the right-hand side. This is the key fault that leads to the goal.

It's the same with RVP's goal. De Laet dives in and leaves the defence exposed.

These are the mistakes that the management should be picking up on.

Moore is there to make the tackle. The fact that he doesn't isn't a 'mistake'. You might as well blame James for not closing Obertan down, or Morgan for being too far up the pitch, or Schmiecal for not making the save! I think Moore actually does really well in pushing Obertan away from goal, because he hasn't really got a chance of 'making the tackle' unless he's got 8 foot long legs. Obertan's shot is just too good.

Moore and Morgan have been almost flawless this season. De Laet on the other hand has made a number of mistakes that have led to goals.

Archived