Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Howard99

Ulloa

I think Leo's great but wondered what you guys think his weaknesses are, what he need to work on?

I was thinking he is maybe to nice on the pitch, i mean you see players like Coasta at Chelsea and he is ruthless very agressive wont be pushed around it must be a nigtmare defending against him

Maybe Leo need to use his size to let defenders know that they are in for a game i dont mean be dirty but throw his weight about a bit, maybe im totally wrong just interested in what you guys think he need to work on

Give Ulloa the service and he will score. He needs a strike partner, and he needs a winger who can put a decent cross in. Football is a simple game and Pearson has fallen into the trap of thinking he needs to tinker with the side and play random formations.

Gets back to basics.

I think Leo's great but wondered what you guys think his weaknesses are, what he need to work on?

I was thinking he is maybe to nice on the pitch, i mean you see players like Coasta at Chelsea and he is ruthless very agressive wont be pushed around it must be a nigtmare defending against him

Maybe Leo need to use his size to let defenders know that they are in for a game i dont mean be dirty but throw his weight about a bit, maybe im totally wrong just interested in what you guys think he need to work on

Well how many shots has he actually had all season, not including the goals? You don't really think 'wow, he's going to pull off something fantastic here' whenever he gets the ball at his feet do you? Again, not really fitting in with our style right now. If we change to suit him, we know he'll frequently head some in, but we don't seem to have the qualities right now to do that. Everybody's complaining about the service he's getting not being good enough whilst at the same time complaining that we're just hoofing it towards his head rather than running it along the floor as we did with Vardy up there, yet everybody seems to want Ulloa as the man up top and Vardy behind him or on the wing because Schlupp's not good enough.

It's 1.3 shots per match apparently. Obviously very clinical when he does have an opportunity on target, but that's pretty low for a striker surely

Well how many shots has he actually had all season, not including the goals? You don't really think 'wow, he's going to pull off something fantastic here' whenever he gets the ball at his feet do you? Again, not really fitting in with our style right now. If we change to suit him, we know he'll frequently head some in, but we don't seem to have the qualities right now to do that. Everybody's complaining about the service he's getting not being good enough whilst at the same time complaining that we're just hoofing it towards his head rather than running it along the floor as we did with Vardy up there, yet everybody seems to want Ulloa as the man up top and Vardy behind him or on the wing because Schlupp's not good enough.

It's 1.3 shots per match apparently. Obviously very clinical when he does have an opportunity on target, but that's pretty low for a striker surely

Yeah, it is. But I'd say it's because of our midfield, not because of Ulloa. We can't keep the ball, and even when we can for tiny periods of time, we don't do anything useful with it.

He's put away his chances when he gets them, and you can't ask much more then that. It's not his fault that the service to him is absolutely shocking.

Give Ulloa the service and he will score. He needs a strike partner, and he needs a winger who can put a decent cross in. Football is a simple game and Pearson has fallen into the trap of thinking he needs to tinker with the side and play random formations.

Gets back to basics.

Agree totally here.

We play our best football playing 4-4-2.

Players need longer than one game to form a decent partnership. They need a run of 5,6 games together.

Why not get the Vardy/Nugent partnership going again? People keep saying that we should go back to the style of play that got us up here, yet then attempt to crowbar Ulloa in there too. What is there to suggest that Ulloa and Vardy would be a better partnership than Nugent and Vardy? Nugent and Vardy both have endless stamina and pace, and Nugent's a great distributor of the ball. Ulloa's a clinical target man with nobody to service him because we're used to playing it along the floor. Yes, we have Albrighton, but is he good enough to be starting every match just to service Ulloa, or should he rather just play the matches that would best suit Ulloa over Vardy? 

Why not get the Vardy/Nugent partnership going again? People keep saying that we should go back to the style of play that got us up here, yet then attempt to crowbar Ulloa in there too. What is there to suggest that Ulloa and Vardy would be a better partnership than Nugent and Vardy? Nugent and Vardy both have endless stamina and pace, and Nugent's a great distributor of the ball. Ulloa's a clinical target man with nobody to service him because we're used to playing it along the floor. Yes, we have Albrighton, but is he good enough to be starting every match just to service Ulloa, or should he rather just play the matches that would best suit Ulloa over Vardy?

Can't comment on Albrighton because I've barely seen him play for us.

Nugent was so so dreadful at Swansea that I just cannot see him starting against WBA. I don't think he is good enough at this level so I'd rather see Ulloa and Vardy given a go. Would rather see Nugent Vardy partnership if the alternative was one of them out of position out wide though.

Exactly, the only replacement should be Albrighton or Schlup for Dyer. Its like we've signed a few new players that are no better, or worse, than we already had, and we have to build a team around them and change the system to accommodate them. It seems NP doesn't trust the players who got us up.

Exactly, the only replacement should be Albrighton or Schlup for Dyer. Its like we've signed a few new players that are no better, or worse, than we already had, and we have to build a team around them and change the system to accommodate them. It seems NP doesn't trust the players who got us up.

You're totally wrong. Team on Saturday only had 1 new signing in it! The rest were all here last season.

does success mean he is the first player to touch the ball from the pass like he could have gone up for a header and hit it but it went no where and thats considered a success? they are not all passes he has controlled

i wonder what his passing stats are like?

Ulloa & Vardy failed against Burnley but I don't think it helps when you've got Dean Hammond in a two man midfield behind them. Hammond in an attacking 4-4-2 is not the way forward.

I'd be inclined to get well back to basics against WBA - 4-4-2, James & Drinkwater (I do think people are putting up a good argument for King though), Mahrez and Albrighton out wide. That logically should do well as a team in my opinion, there's goals potential there.

Ulloa & Vardy failed against Burnley but I don't think it helps when you've got Dean Hammond in a two man midfield behind them. Hammond in an attacking 4-4-2 is not the way forward.

I'd be inclined to get well back to basics against WBA - 4-4-2, James & Drinkwater (I do think people are putting up a good argument for King though), Mahrez and Albrighton out wide. That logically should do well as a team in my opinion, there's goals potential there.

they didn't fail the midfield stopped playing second half

I feel sorry for Ulloa in a way! I can't recall anyone putting a decent cross into the box which he could attack against Swansea.

The games he has scored goals in he has had the service but as that stats zone shows above he didn't even touch the ball in swanseas area!! He's probably only touched it four times within 25 yards of there goal. Any striker would struggle with that kind of service.

Perhaps someone can explain something that does not compute to me,

posters keep saying ulloa needs better service, on the deck etc ,

how can you suppl;y someone with the ball when they have not got the nous or speed

to lose a marker, he cannot find spaces, yes he is dangerous in the box where he can use his

heading ability, but if you are trying to play high tempo football he is not equipped to do so.

Passes received by Ulloa vs Swansea

FEAFDA40-F7B8-40EE-B93A-C357D51BD6FA.png

This map sums up quite nicely what a centre forward should not be going

if he is the focal point of our attack why is he picking up passes yards outside our own area

Why has he not received a single pass outside the centre of the opposition box but instead to the wing positions

I personally thought and stated on here before we signed him I didn't think he was the right player for us and that other targets at the time was probably better suited to us

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he is a bad player he can show what he can do given the right situation I just think he's just a little too 1 dimensional for us

It's very worrying and just adds strength to the argument we're trying too hard to play through him.

Compare it to this against Arsenal; http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2014/matches/755326/player-stats/54316/1_PASS_07#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Or this against Man Utd; http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2014/matches/755346/player-stats/54316/1_PASS_07#tabs-wrapper-anchor

No-one is telling me we haven't tried changing our style of play.

Archived