Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

You can't knock Schlupp for his efforts but ye, he's not a good footballer at all.

Konchesky is a better choice if we are going defensive, as is Simpson on the other side... But Pearson has chose to go all out attack and Konchesky doesn't have it in him to do the running required so Schlupp is the only option.

I know I wasn't the only one asking for a left back to be signed in the summer and then screaming louder for one to be signed in January.

We must have had targets pass us by because even Stevie Wonder could see we needed a first choice left back more than anything else when we came up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can forgive his defensive mishaps most of the time because of how he supports the attack. It's like having two left wingers when he bombs forward, and is almost allways there for the overlap when needed. Seeing as people are saying we should "go for it", "do or die" etc surely this is what you're after?

Dreadful. Maybe in a couple of years he'll be ok, but not smart enough or technical enough to be a prem wing back at the moment?

But then Sorting out our whole defense has to be our top priority, regardless of who our manager is in the summer.

Guest MattP

I see young Jeff is again getting tons of stick.. why does that not surprise me.

Are you really surprised? That was probably the worst performance I've ever seen from a full back yesterday.

Just thankful he only cost us one goal - if it wasn't for Kasper it was 3.

I can forgive his defensive mishaps most of the time because of how he supports the attack. It's like having two left wingers when he bombs forward, and is almost allways there for the overlap when needed. Seeing as people are saying we should "go for it", "do or die" etc surely this is what you're after?

But the problem is, he gets into great positions and it goes to waste.

Has he had an assist this season or even a key pass? He either hits and hopes which has allowed him to score a few, but how many times has he blazed the ball pretty much out for a throw in?

He runs into trouble when there is an easier option in the middle to pass too. He doesn't read a game well, track players runs smartly or play with the rest of the defense. If you watch their goal you will see if he didn't stay back the guy who scored would have been offside.

I love the guy for his commitment to the cause but come on? He isn't even close to being an average premiership player and every time he has the ball he gets an adrenaline rush and every time the opposition have the ball he doesn't know what to do.

When he gets the ball he reminds me of Forest Gump when he plays American football. Pass him the ball and he runs, that's all.

But he has scored a few for us which others have failed to do regularly so hats off to him for shooting.

Well he's the best choice to play left back at the moment, we need an attacking threat in both full back positions to stand any chance of getting out of this. He made a few errors yesterday but I won't be wishing for a Konchesky return.

Dont get this. He's a liability at LB, not Premiership standard by any means .

He's the bizarrest player I've seen- can look a world beater at times then absolutely awful. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground with his performances, no three or four games of being ok, just brilliant or terrible. Decision making wise- being slow to get to the ball, hesitant, careless with passing then putting in a great tackle or going on a storming run.

I see young Jeff is again getting tons of stick.. why does that not surprise me.

Young Jeff? Come off it Col, he's a man not a baby. A man who was ****ing dire again yesterday and nearly cost us the game.

Dont get this. He's a liability at LB, not Premiership standard by any means .

They both are, but it didn't work with Konchesky and right now we need goals. Schlupp and Vardy must be the fastest combination in the league, albeit lacking quality but they will create opportunities. (to miss)

Guest MattP

Well he's the best choice to play left back at the moment, we need an attacking threat in both full back positions to stand any chance of getting out of this. He made a few errors yesterday but I won't be wishing for a Konchesky return.

He really is not.

I can understand the intention of Jeff at LWB bit certainly not at LB in a back four. He simply can't defend.

We got lucky yesterday that he only cost us one goal.

I'm all for attacking intent but I'd play Konch away from home.

De Laet is a pretty capable Left Back on football manager... Possible option? He could burst forward and cut inside instead of playing out wide.

A sort of Left Inside Wing Back... It's not like he would defend any worse than Schlupp? And he still has the energy to burst up and down the pitch unlike Konchesky.

De Laet is a pretty capable Left Back on football manager... Possible option? He could burst forward and cut inside instead of playing out wide.

A sort of Left Inside Wing Back... It's not like he would defend any worse than Schlupp? And he still has the energy to burst up and down the pitch unlike Konchesky.

It sounds good in theory but from experience this season it involves De Laet running 50 yards then turning back onto his right foot ineffectively.

lol

haha always good when drunk me makes sober me laugh. it's true though i reckon if we played nobody there then we'd have had said left back in the correct position more often than schlupp yesterday.

like i said i can sort of get behind him (ole) as a winger cos whilst he rarely does much good he also cant be too damaging from that position, but as a full back we look like we could concede hundreds of goals every week just down his side alone.

Considering I barely noticed Downing was playing and he was Schlupp's man you can't say he was awful, caught out on the goal yes but he was decent enough

lol dunno if you went to school with him or are his neighbour or his best mate or something but even all three of them would probably have to admit he was fvcking diabolical yesterday in literally every single thing he did. 

just remembered that shot when nuge put it on his left foot for him. christ. 

Considering I barely noticed Downing was playing and he was Schlupp's man you can't say he was awful, caught out on the goal yes but he was decent enough

Unfortunately in such an unforgiving league, you can't be caught out like that regardless of the rest of the game.

But seriously don't think he was good anyway to be honest..

Shut up you retarded ****whit, downing's most threatening moment was a deflected shot, he contributed nothing else.

And what about the 4 chances Barry wasted only 1 of which were on target, stop trying to make out Schlupp is the only 1 that missed a chance of made a mistake yesterday

Unfortunately in such an unforgiving league, you can't be caught out like that regardless of the rest of the game.

But seriously don't think he was good anyway to be honest..

Maybe so but maybe our captain should have been talking to him throughout the game to help with his positioning? He is an inexperienced player things like that are going to happen

You literally have got to be joking. He was terrible yesterday there is no argument that he wasn't.

Archived