Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

Outrageous

i assumed (hoped) it was a joke at his own expense but his next post to moose said something like "look i can't help it if i'm always right about things to do with football buddy, it's not my fault i know everything". amazing. 

Either I've got this wrong (unlikely when it comes to football)

We need, as a set of expectant fans, to give Sven the time he needs to get his team playing well for each other. 

What? Are you pissed?

I called for Sven out long before the masses did...

You are funny as **** man, big love.

Much improved yesterday, that Schlupp character. I wonder when he'll ever find consistency.

On his best day, with his pace he's nearly unstoppable going forward, sticks to his side on the wing, has a decent eye for his team mate and helps out in the back, too.

On his worst, most efforts going forward evaporate, his positioning is off as he tends to be all over the place in his area, his passes go astray and his defending is poor.

Still, lot of room for improvement for a lad his age.

I like Schlupp and think he deserves his place in the team, on balance.

But he needs to learn, and quick. The fourth yesterday was unlucky but he should have read the danger a lot quicker and covered Wes in getting goal side of Christian Eriksen. Really, really naive play.

I like Schlupp and think he deserves his place in the team, on balance.

But he needs to learn, and quick. The fourth yesterday was unlucky but he should have read the danger a lot quicker and covered Wes in getting goal side of Christian Eriksen. Really, really naive play.

He is naive but he can improve on that given time. His biggest problem is his technical ability, players can improve their conditioning and mental attributes but if you aint got the ability aged 22 you are probably never going to have it. He may have skanked a few goals through deflections and miss kicks this season but some of the comments here are just lol.

I'll be amazed if he makes 15 + appearances for a side who survives in this league anymore than twice in his entire career but I appreciate I am going up against Col "never wrong about football, a million pound a goal for a record signing striker is fine, Cambiasso isn't very good, let's sign Lee Clattermole " city fan here, so I'm probably wrong and he'll be playing in El Classico in a couple of years showing Ronny and Lionel how it's done.

He is naive but he can improve on that given time. His biggest problem is his technical ability, players can improve their conditioning and mental attributes but if you aint got the ability aged 22 you are probably never going to have it. He may have skanked a few goals through deflections and miss kicks this season but some of the comments here are just lol.

I'll be amazed if he makes 15 + appearances for a side who survives in this league anymore than twice in his entire career but I appreciate I am going up against Col "never wrong about football, a million pound a goal for a record signing striker is fine, Cambiasso isn't very good, let's sign Lee Clattermole " city fan here, so I'm probably wrong and he'll be playing in El Classico in a couple of years showing Ronny and Lionel how it's done.

I agree with you on the rest, but to be fair, that's not unreasonable. Would you pay £20 million for a striker who scored 20 Premier League goals? You'd probably normally pay a lot more than that, to be honest.

Prior to it becoming obvious sven was crap, you thought he was putting together a good team.

Col replied "nonsense"

I replied "you sure?" with a link to this thread

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/74622-thank-you-sven-and-top/

Both posts subsequently deleted lol nice reputation management col and whichever mod binned it, you are corrupt, there was absolutely nothing against the rules in that

I see no reason why it should have been deleted, but in his defence I think it should be pointed out that the post you refer to is a little out of context. He had been very critical of Sven and was simply saying that, in spite of this, he liked the direction we were going in with our 2011 summer signings. In fairness, three of those players - Konchesky, Schmeichel, Nugent - have remained first choice for most of this season. It's hard to think of any single transfer window which has had as great an impact on our current first team. 2012, maybe, with Drinkwater, James, De Laet, Vardy, though those five between them have only clocked up a few more appearances than the aforementioned three. So he had a point.

Considering this, it's shocking how little we added to our starting eleven in the summers of 2013 and 2014, and I suspect that's part of the problem now.

And I'm not sure he was being serious with his 'when it comes to football' comment. I hope not, anyway! I'm not sure any of us on here have a great track record of getting things right.

• 2 weeks later...

That moment where he shanked his shot high and wide when Ulloa and Vardy (?) were busting a gut to get on the end of a cross lol

Genuinely thought it wasn't gonna be our day when that happened.

He had an average game today - just vastly outshone by the rest of the squad.

That moment where he shanked his shot high and wide when Ulloa and Vardy (?) were busting a gut to get on the end of a cross lol

Genuinely thought it wasn't gonna be our day when that happened.

He had an average game today - just vastly outshone by the rest of the squad.

That doesn't sound like him...lol

He was ****ing dreadful.

Caught out for their goal and we got done on the left hand side all game, he never picked up his player, Vardy would always have to track back and close down for him.

He spends more time looking over his right shoulder than his left. Criminal that we've had him and konchesky as our options this season.

Guest ttfn

About summed him up when he ran over to be subbed then realised it was a West Ham sub.

lol! Please tell me that didn't happen?!

Bless him.

lol! Please tell me that didn't happen?!

Bless him.

Yeah, we were bringing on King at the time, they were making a sub too (15 Sakho off for 24 Cole) and Schlupp started to run over from left back towards the touchline. Presumably someone mentioned that our 24 wasn't in the squad and he turned back, Sakho trudged off.

Yeah, we were bringing on King at the time, they were making a sub too (15 Sakho off for 24 Cole) and Schlupp started to run over from left back towards the touchline. Presumably someone mentioned that our 24 wasn't in the squad and he turned back, Sakho trudged off.

if by 'someone mentioned' you mean, Shakey, Walsh & Nige gesturing him to turn around and stay on, then you're bang on lol

Guest ttfn

I wouldn't like to be harsh on him he's had his moments this season.

However certain folk in here lol, especially those posting in the aftermath of the Spurs at home game, hang your heads.

A few were closing the polling for world player of the year after that game.

A few were closing the polling for world player of the year after that game.

The tell tale sign is those with the doubts we were still in here after the Spurs game making the point that is was an isolated incident.

I've seen plenty of the "few" people you refer to reading this thread tonight and yet they seem to have very little to say.

If he's going to play anywhere it should be left wing, although I'm of the opinion if everyone is fit we have better options there. Both him and Konchesky both have their limitations as left full backs at this level, and as most of the forum has been saying for 18 months plus we need to sign a left back.

Awful today. He's the biggest bombscare in our team and that's why he cannot be trusted at left back. Maybe against sides like Charlton and Blackpool who we're a mile better than but not against the likes of West Ham.

He strikes me as a decent character, but just lacks a brain and that is something that'll be very hard to teach.

i'm fvcked out my mind and still fully aware that schlupp at left back is THE single worst idea in planet football. i'd accept him as a winger cos once every 500 games he'd take someone on or maybe even have a shot on target but fvck my mind, as a left back i'd genuinely rather play nobody

Well he's the best choice to play left back at the moment, we need an attacking threat in both full back positions to stand any chance of getting out of this. He made a few errors yesterday but I won't be wishing for a Konchesky return.

Guest ttfn

Well he's the best choice to play left back at the moment, he made a few errors but I won't be wishing for a Konchesky return. Not his fault the management decided to go into this season with Konchesky as our left back.

Konchesky's been fine for the most part. Just that one aberration at West Ham really. He's not a Premier League left back but he is better than Schlupp (obviously imo)

Archived