Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

Remember that simply pathetic effort when one on one with the Everton goalie on the first game of the season? Sums him all up, totally brainless and should be nowhere near the first team.

there was one moment about 10 minutes in when kramaric had the ball out wide, was obviously going to cut inside (as he's right footed), and take the right back with him. there was then obviously going to be a ridiculous amount of free space to get in behind for superstar schlupp but no, he also ran inside, causing two defenders to then close out the space and we obviously lost the ball.

this happens time and time again, he makes stupid decisions, takes up bizarre positions and it's things like this that make men want to cry.

Yeh I agree with this. Schlupp just doesn't do the whole running off the ball to create space thing and he definitely impeded kramaric at that time. He's so frustrating as there are aspects of his game that can be terrifying for the opposition. You wonder if any of the coaches are seeing this because his ball watching and positional flaws seem so obvious and for a pro sportsmen like him, so basic.

Guest MattP

Right, now I've not watched MOTD but I thought Schlupp had a very competent game yesterday and I can't remember one time that Elmohamody beat him one on one when running at him.

Wingers don't actually need to beat Schulpp to get a cross in, noticed it at Southampton - he stands so far off you can easily get a cross in without doing anything.

The positive I'm got on him atm is surely he's due one of his decent games very soon given recent performances.

Ever?

He's only 22. 

Jeff lacks that instinct which is vital in the top flight. He looks confused most of the time and the only time he does anything useful is when he doesn't have to think too much, a bit like Nugent in that respect.

Don't know how anyone can't deny that apart from a few flashes of brilliance he's been an absolute liability this season.

Remember that simply pathetic effort when one on one with the Everton goalie on the first game of the season? Sums him all up, totally brainless and should be nowhere near the first team.

Well that's illogical, remember that Messi guy when he missed a pen and then missed the open goal follow up? Sums him up really?!

You can't judge a player on one particular moment. The lad is young and has a lot to learn. Most of the team has been pretty dog all season and even though he hasn't been very consistent, he has produced some good moments, scored some goals and got some assists. More than the rest majority of the team can say?

Guest MattP

Anyone think Schulpp is quite a lucky player as well? His mistakes generally go unpunished - Hulls main two chances Saturday came from him being asleep and they missed them both.

Compare that to Moore and Konchesky who seemed to watch a net bulge after error they made.

Just an observation.

I heard that when the lads were flying back from their pre season tour nige took jeff to one side and told him he wanted him playing on the left wing. Jeff grabbed his lego set from the overhead compartment and had to be forcefully held back as he tried to exit mid flight saying "but nige said" over and over.

Can people just give a young player chance to develop instead of having a go? Funny how people claim he cant shoot when he has our second most goals, matty james is an example of a player that cant shoot. i dont understand how you can pick out a player who has payed fairly well as a winger this season baring in mind he has been player as a LB last season and a striker before that, of course his positioning isn't going to be perfect and he will learn as he gets more match time. At least schlupp puts effort down the left wing unlike Kramaric on saturday who i felt wasn't to fussed about being on the pitch tbf. No player at his age is going to be perfect but i feel he is performing well in a underperforming side. its funny how people before AFCON where going on how they were going to miss schlupp and mahrez and now they are insuting the lad. He has quality as we have all seen just needs to learn how to utilise it better which he will do.

He scored 4 goals and got quite a few assists this season. I don't get how he's a terrible footballer. He'd walk into most championship teams.

It's my opinion we'll lose Jeff to a Prem club if we go down.

I can see him going to one of the promoted clubs.

Jeff lacks that instinct which is vital in the top flight. He looks confused most of the time and the only time he does anything useful is when he doesn't have to think too much, a bit like Nugent in that respect.

Don't know how anyone can't deny that apart from a few flashes of brilliance he's been an absolute liability this season.

I get what he lacks right now and has had his shortcomings this season. But you're saying 'ever'. You're writing him off when he probably still has about 10 years of his career left to be a success in this league.

That's the problem with some people on this forum - always talk in indefinites or extremities. Always so quick to write players/personnel off. 

Guest MattP

Can people just give a young player chance to develop instead of having a go?

Ideally, but it's hard when you are sat at the bottom of the league.

He wasn't good enough to be a regular in our side last season so it is quite puzzling to see him as one now.

I hope you're right - but I don't think you can grow muscles on brains and that's where his problems lie - often he repeats mistakes you expect under 11's to learn from first time around.

Ideally, but it's hard when you are sat at the bottom of the league.

He wasn't good enough to be a regular in our side last season so it is quite puzzling to see him as one now.

I hope you're right - but I don't think you can grow muscles on brains and that's where his problems lie - often he repeats mistakes you expect under 11's to learn from first time around.

I agree that at times he is very annoying in his movement but then at other times he can cut inside and run past 4 or 5 players, he just needs to be consistent which i hope eventually he will be.

Needs time to develop. From his point of view, we'd have been better off having another season in the Championship before promotion.

Left wing wasn't his first position before this season. He started as a striker and last season he played the majority at left back. He could have done with a confidence and skill boosting season on the left wing.

If we go down I have no doubt that he will flourish.

He scored 4 goals and got quite a few assists this season. I don't get how he's a terrible footballer. He'd walk into most championship teams.

'Most championship teams' - therein, perhaps, lies the problem. We are for now, still a Premiership side.

And no, he's not a terrible footballer, but he ain't great either.

Guest MattP

The trouble with Schlupp is he puts his boots on the wrong feet other than that he's not a bad player.

lol

So many of these Schulpp analogies make me laugh.

The guy on front of me Saturday said watching him run with the ball was like watching a dog chasing a balloon.

Archived