Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

lol

If you go to school in Germany that's what happens, if you've been there you'll notice even the tramps are bilingual.

Even Beckham picked up some Spanish and Italian.

Gazza was fluent in two languages.

I don't want this to go off topic any longer, but depending on your intellegience alone doesn't mean you'll have a good football brain, there's no denying he sometimes makes the wrong decision but that is down to experience, not whether or not he's thick, which he's isnt.

I don't get the Schlupp isn't good technically point. He's scored some really good goals this season and then look at the cross against Arsenal and tell me he doesn't have the technique.

Technique is not Jeff's problem, as others have said it's his footballing brain. Add that to someone who has unbelievable pace then it's inevitable that sometimes, when running with the ball at speed, he takes the wrong decisions. He'll get better at that with experience though.

Schlupp is not a bad player. He's been one of our best performers this season and over the last two seasons he's played in numerous positions and been pretty reliable for us in all of them. He has the attributes to be a really top player and time will tell if he can improve enough to make the most of that. I think he's one that will have learned a great deal from this season and we'll get the rewards of that next season in The Championship where he'll have more opportunities to be a greater influence on matches.

Sometimes I'm surprised that he draws a living as a professional footballer, but others he can be pretty unplayable.

His problem is consistency, which isn't surprising because he's young and comparatively inexperienced.

I do think he's better at LB/LWB the back than he is on the wing, but that doesn't do the team as a whole any favours as it reduces one of our main attacking threats and any replacement to him on the wing won't be as good at him at tracking back

He struggled to get games last season and now finds himself playing in one of the best leagues in the world, against some of the best players in the world. What do you all expect from him?

He's been one of our best 3 performers this season. Give the bloke a break.[/quotes too fail to understand why he wasn't selected very much last year, yet plays most games this year......

Sometimes I'm surprised that he draws a living as a professional footballer, but others he can be pretty unplayable.

His problem is consistency, which isn't surprising because he's young and comparatively inexperienced.

I do think he's better at LB/LWB the back than he is on the wing, but that doesn't do the team as a whole any favours as it reduces one of our main attacking threats and any replacement to him on the wing won't be as good at him at tracking back

I think Sat and the MOTD segment showed why we can't have him there. We got away with it Saturday but we simply won't against better teams and finishers.

If he plays anywhere it's got to be left wing, least we can laugh at the comical side of his game then then and not see goals come from them which will just piss anyone and everyone off.

Amazes me how so many people loved Lloyd but don't love Jeff who is younger and better at everything.

Dyer had much more confidence when running at players. While experience and different divisions will obviously make a difference, when Dyer ran at players he was much more purposeful and knew exactly what he would do (usually round the outside.) When Jeff does it, I get the impression he doesn't really know what he's going to do next, particularly when he's in the middle of the pitch, resulting in him running straight into defenders.

Jeff will improve and go on to have a very good career I'm sure, but if I'd known that we'd play for all of this season with Jeff at LM then I wish we'd kept Lloyd.

dyer last year was much, much better than anything schlupp's ever even looked like offering. but he's gone and that's cool (well it's not i cry about it every night with unabomber but he cries about everything). 

the issue is we didn't replace him and have had to spend a whole season with schlupp as a first choice winger and he was good for about 3 weeks and other than that has been pathetically awful. 

Schlupp has more technical ability than Lloyd had (not that Jeff is exceptionally technically gifted), and plenty of potential due to his young age. The thing about Dyer is, the older he got, the better his decision making got - he was a limited player, but he knew how to play within his limitations to get the most out of his strengths. Once Jeff gets a bit more experienced and learns how to make those same kind of decisions, he'll go on to be a much better player than Dyer was.

Another factor worth considering is that Dyer was at his most effective with Schlupp behind him at left back - that combo had a massive amount of pace for opposition right backs to deal with. When Knockaert/Mahrez or Vardy wandered over to that flank and overloaded it, it created a hell of a lot of danger for opponents. This season, although Konch does try to get forward, we've not had that double threat going forward on the flanks, which has been compounded by the fact we've binned off De Laet for so long on the other flank, which meant there was no danger coming forward from right back either.

Lloyd peaked in the first half last season and then rapidly fell away and now his career is pretty much over. I don't think we should be playing Schlupp now because he might have a good half season in about six years time. On this season's form Schlupp is league one standard at best and he should never have been anywhere near the first team. He's the worst player who has ever held down a regular starting place in a premier league side.

Not improving the left side of the team was a huge oversight by Pearson. Made even worse by the fact that he wasted £17m on strikers he either plays on the wing or leaves on the bench.

Amazes me how so many people loved Lloyd but don't love Jeff who is younger and better at everything.

Better at everything? Eh?!

Dribbling - Dyer for me. Very much a knock it past them and run type of player but that still requires a degree of skill.

Crossing - Schlupp puts in more quality floated crosses, although Dyer used to get into better positions and as a result he could put in a simple cut-back, and I generally find them more effective. This is a tough one.

Defensively - I'll go for Schlupp in terms of wide man defensive play.

Finishing - Dyer. 

Brain - Dyer. Schlupp's lack of concentration is a major weakness to his game that will be picked apart at this level and his only chance of making it is if he cuts it out. He just has these instances where he totally switches off and it's costly.

I'd not be against giving Schlupp the left wing position next season in the Championship. I think he's been thrown in a little early and although he's produced the goods at times he's just as often cost us through some stupid error. He is not a terrible player, but his footballing brain needs serious work.

Positioning - Dyer

Passing - Dyer

Creativity - Dyer

Flair - Dyer

Technique - Dyer

Crossing - Dyer

Strength - Dyer

Teamwork - Dyer

Workrate - Dyer

Dribbling - Dyer

Penis - Dyer

Finishing - Dyer

Combining with Konchesky to form a two man left back almost as good as an ordinary single premier league left back should be - Schlupp

Lloyd hit his peak last year. Jeff is ten years younger. And already played more games in the prem and at international level.

Dean Hammond hardly played last season but he's been very effective this season and has arguably played better than he did in the championship for us.

Maybe some people are just suited to certain leagues.

Lloyd hit his peak last year. Jeff is ten years younger. And already played more games in the prem and at international level.

Dean Hammond hardly played last season but he's been very effective this season and has arguably played better than he did in the championship for us.

Maybe some people are just suited to certain leagues.

A defensive mid is a key position in the PL, less so when we're on the front foot in the Championship

Pearson, not using Hammond when fit or even replacing/improving on him... is his biggest failing, contributing to us being out our depth in the top flight

Sick of the "if you're not playing then you're Johan Cruyff" attitude that has poisoned this forum all season.

Lloyd Dyer is nowhere near as good as Jeff. It's okay to look decent against the likes of Huddersfield but Jeff is our second top scorer in the Prem.

I wouldn't even say that Lloyd is quicker than Jeff, not now.

There's a reason why Lloyd can't get into Birmingham's side... because players like Andrew Shinnie and David Cotterill are better than him.

I love the bloke to bits and can't thank him enough for what he did, but we parted ways at the right time.

Sick of the "if you're not playing then you're Johan Cruyff" attitude that has poisoned this forum all season.

Lloyd Dyer is nowhere near as good as Jeff. It's okay to look decent against the likes of Huddersfield but Jeff is our second top scorer in the Prem.

I wouldn't even say that Lloyd is quicker than Jeff, not now.

There's a reason why Lloyd can't get into Birmingham's side... because players like Andrew Shinnie and David Cotterill are better than him.

I love the bloke to bits and can't thank him enough for what he did, but we parted ways at the right time.

Lloyd has clearly declined rapidly and I wouldn't have him in the team now. But Lloyd at his peak was seven times the player Jeff has ever been.

Lloyd has clearly declined rapidly and I wouldn't have him in the team now. But Lloyd at his peak was seven times the player Jeff has ever been.

which is why Lloyd is a career lower league player who often went missing during the winter and Jeff at 22 s our second top scorer in the Premier league in his first season playing as a winger

which is why Lloyd is a career lower league player who often went missing during the winter and Jeff at 22 s our second top scorer in the Premier league in his first season playing as a winger

He also has one assist in the entire season as a winger, where it is his job to produce assists.

Archived