Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

He struggled to get games last season and now finds himself playing in one of the best leagues in the world, against some of the best players in the world. What do you all expect from him?

He's been one of our best 3 performers this season. Give the bloke a break.

He struggled to get games last season and now finds himself playing in one of the best leagues in the world, against some of the best players in the world. What do you all expect from him?

Being one of our three best players is one of the lowest accolades you could afford a player.

We are giving him a chance, he's played far more this season that he has previously in a lower division. Pearson is giving him the opportunity to improve and be consistent in a match situation.

thought he did a good job in an unenviable position Sat. Worked the flank really well, made a lot of good tackles and tracking runs. Left a fair bit to be desired going forward with his final ball as per. 

A symptom of the state of English youth football, physically very good and does what he's asked to do but lacks footballing intelligence, consistency and technical ability.

A symptom of the state of English youth football, physically very good and does what he's asked to do but lacks footballing intelligence, consistency and technical ability.

I'm not sure it's footballing intelligence he lacks, he generally appears to be quite dim.

Which is fine. He plays for a side bottom of the league and he is clearly a fantastic athlete and has a great instinct on the ball. If he was bright as well he'd be playing for a bigger club.

But let's not make out he's been anything other than rubbish for all bar a 5 (if we're being really generous) game run around Christmas.

Genuinely think Lloyd would have been a better option if we were serious about staying up this year with Schlupp getting some experience at a promotion-chasing side. And I'm not hailing Lloyd as a panacea.

I'm not sure it's footballing intelligence he lacks, he generally appears to be quite dim.

Which is fine. He plays for a side bottom of the league and he is clearly a fantastic athlete and has a great instinct on the ball. If he was bright as well he'd be playing for a bigger club.

But let's not make out he's been anything other than rubbish for all bar a 5 (if we're being really generous) game run around Christmas.

Genuinely think Lloyd would have been a better option if we were serious about staying up this year with Schlupp getting some experience at a promotion-chasing side. And I'm not hailing Lloyd as a panacea.

He does seem a bit thick but I don't think I follow him on twitter nor have I heard him speak in an interview so I didn't want to say he was outright thick 

He does seem a bit thick but I don't think I follow him on twitter nor have I heard him speak in an interview so I didn't want to say he was outright thick

I don't know, it's just how he comes across on the pitch. He might be a rely erudite, well read and smart young man.

Or he might be a bit thick. Which is fine. People are different and he'll make a great career for himself off the back of his great natural athletic ability and good luck to him.

But I'm not sure he's smart enough to have that career at the top level.

I second this.

Grass roots football in this country is simply not good enough and is to blame for a lot of wasted and undeveloped talent.

Imagine speaking German and English and being considered thick

I get the point you are trying to make but I'm not sure intelligence really comes into learning or speaking a language. For what it's worth, I think Jeff could be a good player, but he needs to look up when he has the ball, he could do with some really focused coaching on and off the pitch, learn to be a bit more tactically minded.

I do tire of watching him run 50 yards up the pitch in a straight line until he hits someone head on and loses the ball though.

I get the point you are trying to make but I'm not sure intelligence really comes into learning or speaking a language. For what it's worth, I think Jeff could be a good player, but he needs to look up when he has the ball, he could do with some really focused coaching on and off the pitch, learn to be a bit more tactically minded.

I do tire of watching him run 50 yards up the pitch in a straight line until he hits someone head on and loses the ball though.

I'd argue speaking another language is relative to someone's intelligence. I don't think that's his issue i think it's more down to experience when he makes the wrong decisions, he's 21/22 meaning he's got atleast 10 years left, and for a player to hit the ground running his first season in the prem and to play consistently week in week out like he hasn't before, it's ridiculous to even suggest it. Next year, whether he's with us or someone else he'll be stronger because of this season, I for one hope he stays. His football brain will improve we just need to stand by him and support him rather than make him a scapegoat for a bad team performance when there is plenty of other players that don't contribute at all

I would tend to agree, I think he had been good in the few games I've seen either on tv or at the king power etc

Yes they did..clearly others see in him what I do..but our loyal faithful don't.

Why am I not surprised?

lol

We see a lot more of him than they do?

Swansea have signed the likes of Itay Schechter and Marvin Emnes over the past few years. They're prone to the odd dud.

The same Lloyd Dyer who has made nine league starts this season for Watford and Birmingham on loan. Er, okkkkkk

Do you not think Llyod is good enough for the championship now?

I can almost guarantee that if Llyod had stayed with us he would have played a lot more than 9 times this season.

Guest MattP

Imagine speaking German and English and being considered thick

lol

If you go to school in Germany that's what happens, if you've been there you'll notice even the tramps are bilingual.

Even Beckham picked up some Spanish and Italian.

Gazza was fluent in two languages.

Archived