Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Nugent

Funnily enough I think that's Ulloa's problem. I think Ulloa is our best forward, but the big flaw with him is his positioning. He tries too hard to be something he isn't. He works every bit as hard as Vardy I think, but doesn't really have the speed to back it up.

I find it interesting that Brighton fans all said they gave him no service - but is it just Ulloa not being in a decent position to receive that service?

I'm not saying I want him to become Yakubu but he often overdoes it I think and it weakens our own attack.

I think it possibly has been Ulloa's problem since Nugent dropped out of the team. Ulloa is now trying to fulfil the 'Number 10' role. Early in the season Ulloa was definitely more of a goal threat...

I think Pearson asks too much of his players. Ulloa is asked to be a target man and drop deep to link Midfield. Vardy is asked to score goals and harry defenders all the time. They can't be in two places at the same time.

It's one thing to ask players to make the step-up to the Premiership, but it's a big BIG ask to get them to play in the Premiership in roles that they aren't particularly suited to.

Sorry to say but Nuge is not a quality or even low quality premiership player superb at championship and below but like I said sorry to say he can't cut it in the prem we need to bring in a hungry premiership striker who knows where the goal is and keeps going !

Nuge has been awesome for us in our promotion push and gaining our championship winning moment but he just hasn't and hasnt before stepped up to the plate in the prem and prove himself before when he had the chance !

We need to bring in someone who's hungry for success and a knack for finding the goal a Bony a Henry a ROONEY etc etc etc let's hope we can find this type of player in January and others to save our blushes and stop us being relegated back to the 2nd tier in our first year back in 10 years !!

But I have the faith in our team and I believe we can pull this off and finish just above the relegation spots !

Onwards and upwards and in NIGEL I still trust (for now) come on NIGE sort em out!!

May I introduce you to the fullstop [.] and comma [,]

Looked sharper today and was a better prospect than Vardy when he came on. Should have done better with his chance which he skied where it opened up for him but much better contribution than earlier on in this horrid run of form.

Looked sharper today and was a better prospect than Vardy when he came on. Should have done better with his chance which he skied where it opened up for him but much better contribution than earlier on in this horrid run of form.

how about the sitter he missed ? smashed it straight at the keeper , when anywhere else was a goal !! his usual contribution as a goal scorer ,which is what's desperately needed at the moment !

Although he looks terrified most of the time, he looked good today. 

Would start him with Ulloa for Spurs. Vardy off the bench. 

Nugent looked good off the bench Vs Villa too

If Vardy is to play it has to be with Nugent, he's been woeful with Ulloa in a two man attack and he's been woeful on his own. Showed absolutely nothing for a few months to even earn  place on the bench, which should surely go to someone from the dev squad?

It wither needs to be Ulloa, or Ulloa and Nugent.

how about the sitter he missed ? smashed it straight at the keeper , when anywhere else was a goal !! his usual contribution as a goal scorer ,which is what's desperately needed at the moment !

Nah that wasn't a sitter lol. It was a great reflex save from the keeper. 

That cross was whipped in from the left wing with a reidiculius pace, his line of sight was impaired by 3 players and when the ball got to him he had to let it come across his body and try to volley it....

If you watch the replay he actually managed to get over it enough to keep it to the left (keepers right)

And it was actually a ****ing hard strike to have to make... The keeper pulled off a worldy.

Great strike, great save.

I can't believe someone thinks that is a sitter lol lol

Typical leicester fans....

The ball comes through a crowd of people infront of Nugent, whipped in almost too fast, then for Nugent to let it come across his body to volley with the right, yet keep it down and slightly to the left making the keeper pull of a marvellous save... And just because it's in be centre of the area it means it's a "sitter"

Yet at the other end, Stuart Downing who scored arguably one of the better goals against us this season, misses an even easier shot, nobody mentions it!

The ball comes through a crowd of people infront of Nugent, whipped in almost too fast, then for Nugent to let it come across his body to volley with the right, yet keep it down and slightly to the left making the keeper pull of a marvellous save... And just because it's in be centre of the area it means it's a "sitter"

Yet at the other end, Stuart Downing who scored arguably one of the better goals against us this season, misses an even easier shot, nobody mentions it!

Very true... While Cambiasso continues to play in a team that has got 2 points from 36, no-one bats an eyelid. Nugent is the biggest scape-goat on here and has been for ages. Is it me or does the side finally seem to get some energy in it when he's introduced?

That's two games now where we have been utter pants, Nugent comes on after what 60/70 mins? And we start to look like scoring.

Nuge ain't the answer at this level. Nor is he the biggest problem in a side that is full of problems.

Nugent did especially well to get a good contact on it and to get it on target. With so many few chances created, we should be at least thankful he nearly got us back in the game!

And wasn't that Carroll who missed a chance? Literally 2 minutes before he scored as well the bastard.

so anywhere other than the keeper wasn't a goal ? he picked the keeper out really well . its a sitter . a notch on the goal post . anyone but nugent would've scored it . he must be just having bad luck like his shot that went nearly out the stadium and his other poor poor attempts lately .

so anywhere other than the keeper wasn't a goal ? he picked the keeper out really well . its a sitter . a notch on the goal post . anyone but nugent would've scored it . he must be just having bad luck like his shot that went nearly out the stadium and his other poor poor attempts lately .

It wasn't a sitter at all.

If you want to level any criticism at him from today's performance then you could say he should've at least hit the target after ghosting past two players and creating and opening for himself.

I still don't believe he's good enough for this level but he did well today when he came on.

It's not a sitter you're just an absolute numpty.

Fuking hell lol

Like Ulloa with the late header?

Very true... While Cambiasso continues to play in a team that has got 2 points from 36, no-one bats an eyelid. Nugent is the biggest scape-goat on here and has been for ages. Is it me or does the side finally seem to get some energy in it when he's introduced?

That's two games now where we have been utter pants, Nugent comes on after what 60/70 mins? And we start to look like scoring.

Nuge ain't the answer at this level. Nor is he the biggest problem in a side that is full of problems.

I don't usually post on here but I read the forum a lot. Col city fans posts make my dick go up into my body

..........I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean...if your talking metaphorically.

If your talking literally you might wanna get that looked at.

Archived