Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spicer

Hull away pre match

I despair some times, I really do..You dodle!!! Has a duo it has been near on impossible..while James was out injured from the beginning, they then both took knocks, and when they did eventually play together they didnt..perform well.

This has been NPs problem not his error, he has not had a fit proven BB from last season available, to get up any type of steam, and lay down a patern.To be honest when they have played individually, they have been poor, or below what was

expected.So let not place that bit of badluck at Pearsons door.

Granted the partnership was unavailable at the start of the season but they've both been fit for weeks now and just not started together in a 2. It's not a surprise that when they did on Boxing Day, they both played their best games for a while.

Out of interest have they played together as a 2 at all this season bar Boxing Day?

Hamer

Simpson - was - wes - konch

Riyad - Danny - James - jeff

Nuge - Ulloa

After Drinkwater and James' performance on Boxing Day I'll be really disappointed to see any other partnership in centre midfield today. They've barely played together this season, which is surprising given how good they were together last season. They're both capable of being good Premier League footballers too, so it's one of Nigel's bigger errors this season that he's barely used them together.

There's no point playing for a draw here, we simply must play with the same attacking intent and intensity that we hit Spurs with. Anything less and that would be the end of my patience with Nigel, as these are a poor side and we need nothing less than 3 points.

Slightly worried that Nuge won't be fit after he limped off on Boxing Day. If that's the case then Ulloa lone striker with Drinkwater, James and Cambiasso in midfield.

On route to Hull now, COYB.

Fact is both have had knocks during the season and when they've played both have been below average. If James plays then please FTLG get someone else to take the corners, his shockingly shit efforts are embarrassing.

As it is, I think it'll be DD, James and Cambiasso in the middle. King's been, to be polite, ineffective this season - injured or not - and Cambiasso was being saved for this anyway. For me Simpson needs a good showing today too, he was miles away from Chadli on the first goal and De Laet had put in a couple of good solid displays until he got ill.

It's easy to throw in the towel and say we'll lose but there's very little between the two sides. Huddlestone & Jelavic are quality players but there's not much else in their team to be afraid of.

Hamer, Simpson, Wes, Was, Konchesky, DD, James, Cambiasso, Schlupp, Mahrez, Nugent, Ulloa

Pearson may well go if we lose today. There is only so many losses the owners are going to take before they act.  11 losses in the last 13 is one of the most appalling records I've ever seen where the manager is still in a job.

Fact is both have had knocks during the season and when they've played both have been below average. If James plays then please FTLG get someone else to take the corners, his shockingly shit efforts are embarrassing.

As it is, I think it'll be DD, James and Cambiasso in the middle. King's been, to be polite, ineffective this season - injured or not - and Cambiasso was being saved for this anyway. For me Simpson needs a good showing today too, he was miles away from Chadli on the first goal and De Laet had put in a couple of good solid displays until he got ill.

It's easy to throw in the towel and say we'll lose but there's very little between the two sides. Huddlestone & Jelavic are quality players but there's not much else in their team to be afraid of.

Hamer, Simpson, Wes, Was, Konchesky, DD, James, Cambiasso, Schlupp, Mahrez, Nugent, Ulloa

That's true, I guess I'm just disappointed that when they have been fit, Nigel hasn't put them together in the same way that was so incredibly effective last season.

Regarding Simpson, I think it's a bit harsh to blame him for the Kane goal. Simpson was supporting Mahrez on the right flank as he should be, we lost the ball and a couple of seconds later the ball was being played into the channel. He can't support his right winger and stay in a perfect defensive position at the same time. He's been comfortably better than De Laet for me, who was positionally a liability.

That's true, I guess I'm just disappointed that when they have been fit, Nigel hasn't put them together in the same way that was so incredibly effective last season.

Regarding Simpson, I think it's a bit harsh to blame him for the Kane goal. Simpson was supporting Mahrez on the right flank as he should be, we lost the ball and a couple of seconds later the ball was being played into the channel. He can't support his right winger and stay in a perfect defensive position at the same time. He's been comfortably better than De Laet for me, who was positionally a liability.

Fair point, the goal happened so quickly I didn't really see where Simpson was coming from, I just thought having seen the guy in ten yards of space he should have got a bit closer to him. De Laet's last game that I remember was Liverpool where he kept Sterling fairly quiet when he was out wide.

The other thing to remember about the DD & James combination is that we've not always played the formation to fit both of them in. The diamond didn't suit either of them and with Cambiasso in the middle too we need a 5 man midfield to accomodate them both. Esteban has been one of the few highlights this season, so it's difficult to drop a player like that. I wouldn't call it a mistake by Pearson, it's just a difficult choice on who to leave out.  You've only got to look at the 21 different formations and teams that fans pick in these pre-match threads to see how little people agree about who to start.

Deary me, it amuses me greatly how bitter Dull fans are about Pearson. He didn't suit you and you didn't suit him, you've done way better without him so what's the problem?

Anyway, back to more important things. Obviously it's important we get something from the game, a draw is neither nor there though but I'd settle for that above a defeat! Meh, no idea what's going to happen but playing well and losing is starting to piss me off now. We need to get stuck in and stop being 'nice'.

Hope to God we start with the same team that played Spurs minus Wes.

Please don't pick Cambiasso! Whilst I agree he's been one of our better players individually this season, I feel he's had a negative impact on the team as a whole. We need to do what we did last season - the performance against Spurs shows we do still have it!

Having read this thread, I have a couple of points for people to remember...

1 - Most people pick the same team as NP.  This suggests, his selection is right.

2 - He didn't get the players he wanted in the Summer.  He's not responsible for the signings, don't blame NP.

3 - Had we beaten Spurs (we played well enough, and could have if we'd been given the CLEAR penalty, then we could be looking at a win today, to get OUT the bottom 3.

Our season is far from over yet, lets get up for the Hull game, get within 3 points of safety, and get some players in that NP wants, to try and survive.  Lets fight... not give in (just yet).

It's impossible for us to win today, Steve Bruce has practically talked himself out of a job with all of this "cup final" tripe if they were to lose, we haven't got the mental capability of getting up for today's game otherwise we would have won already, we won't pick up another point until we're mathmatically down and the pressure is off.

It's impossible for us to win today, Steve Bruce has practically talked himself out of a job with all of this "cup final" tripe if they were to lose, we haven't got the mental capability of getting up for today's game otherwise we would have won already, we won't pick up another point until we're mathmatically down and the pressure is off.

Tis the season to be jolly, falalalalalaaa lala lala

Archived