Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Day 2 of Ljubljana, I can't recommend it highly enough. 

Stunning scenery, clean picturesque Old Town, food markets. 

 

A lot of the Scottish supporters are not coming home for the Swiss game midweek and staying in the Balkans for the Scotland Montenegro game instead. 

Very jealous

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Posted

8 Days in Colorado done, Denver for a friends wedding then a little road trip through the Rockies. Estes Park, Frisco, Salida and Manitou Springs, really, really enjoyed it. RMNP was incredible, I wish we had planned to spend more time there but we used it to follow Trail Ridge Rd for the scenic drive to Frisco and stopped off on a few trails for shorter hikes, and then some overlooks and visitor centres for the views.

 

Really enjoyed some parts of downtown Denver and areas around there, particularly Golden, my type of town. Salida was very similar. Both heavily local community focused, very outdoorsy, little to no chain type businesses.

  • Like 2
Posted

Off to Berlin this Thursday in an all male group of 10.  I have heard this can be problematic for Berlin nightlife.  Any recommendations folks?

Posted
9 hours ago, The Blur said:

Off to Berlin this Thursday in an all male group of 10.  I have heard this can be problematic for Berlin nightlife.  Any recommendations folks?

It’s just about being sensible enough that you aren’t going to get in the clubs and the most ‘interesting’ venues there. Like be tough with those numbers in Neukollen or Kreuzberg. The latter isn’t everyone taste either, it’s a ****ing mad mix. You’ll love it or hate it. Kottbusser Tor is like sensory overload 
 

There’s lots of brewery / beer garden type places instead. Hofbrau have a hall there. BRLO another. Tiergarten has a couple of gardens with loads of tables. Have a little search at them. 

  • Thanks 1
Posted

Honeymoon to Thailand booked with Kuoni last June for later this year, the trip always seemed slightly longer than we planned but we put it down to the time lost across travelling. Been working through the itinerary today to make sure I'm aware of the domestic transfers and any other important bits. Noticed they have us flying from Bangkok to Phuket on the 24th of November and the Phuket hotel booked for the 27th of November....

 

Really hoping they arent difficult around this tomorrow.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Honeymoon to Thailand booked with Kuoni last June for later this year, the trip always seemed slightly longer than we planned but we put it down to the time lost across travelling. Been working through the itinerary today to make sure I'm aware of the domestic transfers and any other important bits. Noticed they have us flying from Bangkok to Phuket on the 24th of November and the Phuket hotel booked for the 27th of November....

 

Really hoping they arent difficult around this tomorrow.

What you doing between 24th and 27th?

 

If you haven't got accomodation book yourself onto a tour of some kind and save yourself 3 days hotel costs.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland
Posted
On 25/09/2026 at 11:22, grobyfox1990 said:

Two days in cappodocia - a massive area solely for tourists to go on the balloons. Vastly overpriced but actually worth it. Amazing sights, otherworldly. Really worth it.

2.5 days in Istanbul. Huge and very cool city. Nice food obvs but great shopping too (a lot of brands’ clothes are made here so the quality is good), culture/history, Bosporus cruise, hammam, Asian side is a good vibe. A unique place, not Asian or European. It’s a shame it’s international week as I’d have loved to go to a match.

From raving until 6am in Ibiza two weeks ago to getting up at 4am to do adventure stuff here…next week is time to reset the body clock 

A few happy clappers knocking about presumably?

Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

A few happy clappers knocking about presumably?

Good few around for sure, the kind of happy clapper that takes a pic and/or video of anything. One particular happy clapper fell out of the balloon upon landing because she was taking a selfie and didn't realise the gate had opened. What happened to enjoying the moment?

  • Haha 2
Posted

Has anyone got any hidden gem tips for Madrid? I’m going to watch England in November, I’ve already been multiple times due to football and work and I’m trying my best not to spend the couple of days away from the football getting pissed and eating great food in Mercato San Miguel.

Posted
15 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Has anyone got any hidden gem tips for Madrid? I’m going to watch England in November, I’ve already been multiple times due to football and work and I’m trying my best not to spend the couple of days away from the football getting pissed and eating great food in Mercato San Miguel.

See above!

 

  • Like 1
Posted
On 25/09/2026 at 11:22, grobyfox1990 said:

Two days in cappodocia - a massive area solely for tourists to go on the balloons. Vastly overpriced but actually worth it. Amazing sights, otherworldly. Really worth it.

2.5 days in Istanbul. Huge and very cool city. Nice food obvs but great shopping too (a lot of brands’ clothes are made here so the quality is good), culture/history, Bosporus cruise, hammam, Asian side is a good vibe. A unique place, not Asian or European. It’s a shame it’s international week as I’d have loved to go to a match.

From raving until 6am in Ibiza two weeks ago to getting up at 4am to do adventure stuff here…next week is time to reset the body clock 

Interesting! My partner wanted to go to Cappodocia and I've never pushed back so hard on a holiday before. I thought it looked like my hell!

 

Agree, Istanbul is great! 

Posted
Just now, Chris_OGrady said:

Interesting! My partner wanted to go to Cappodocia and I've never pushed back so hard on a holiday before. I thought it looked like my hell!

 

Agree, Istanbul is great! 

The latest season of race accross the world goes accross northern Turkey and im sold. Ive never wanted to go back having done a week in Gumbet in my youth. 

 

I rekcon a northern Turkey road trip is on the cards next year though.

  • Like 1
Posted
14 minutes ago, Chris_OGrady said:

Interesting! My partner wanted to go to Cappodocia and I've never pushed back so hard on a holiday before. I thought it looked like my hell!

 

Agree, Istanbul is great! 

Some amazing rock churches and monasteries that are worth the trip alone.

 

13 minutes ago, kenny said:

The latest season of race accross the world goes accross northern Turkey and im sold. Ive never wanted to go back having done a week in Gumbet in my youth. 

 

I rekcon a northern Turkey road trip is on the cards next year though.

One of my favourite places. Totally unique landscape and incredible historical monuments. Culturally quite different to much of turkey too. 

  • Like 1
Posted
2 hours ago, Chris_OGrady said:

Interesting! My partner wanted to go to Cappodocia and I've never pushed back so hard on a holiday before. I thought it looked like my hell!

 

Agree, Istanbul is great! 

Would defo recommend. The scenery around Goreme is otherworldly. Balloon ride is good for the vibes but there’s other things around there 

Posted
1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Would defo recommend. The scenery around Goreme is otherworldly. Balloon ride is good for the vibes but there’s other things around there 

Yeah fair, it was just the balloon festival that i thought would be a complete happy clapper paradise! 

  • Haha 1
Posted

I think "famed for its unique landscapes and the legacy of ancient Anatolian, Roman and Byzantine Greek civizilations Cappadocia is infact a happy-clapper paradise" might be too foxestalk even for me. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think "famed for its unique landscapes and the legacy of ancient Anatolian, Roman and Byzantine Greek civizilations Cappadocia is infact a happy-clapper paradise" might be too foxestalk even for me. 

The happy clappers have no idea about any of that stuff, they go for the balloon festival and that alone. Check it out lol

 

It’s more instagram girlies than middle aged happy clappers

 

Edited by Chris_OGrady
Posted
9 hours ago, Chris_OGrady said:

The happy clappers have no idea about any of that stuff, they go for the balloon festival and that alone. Check it out lol

 

It’s more instagram girlies than middle aged happy clappers

 

Correct, it’s the social media obsessed breed of happy clapper. It’s 445am in a field in Goreme and I’m watching a pack of happy clappers doing multiple takes of a hop scotch for TikTok. Bizarre and more intrusively annoying than the jet2 all inclusive happy clapper 

  • Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...