Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

9 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

I don’t see why it matters if the country your going to has low vaccination numbers. Surely as long as the person travelling has been vaccinated it doesn’t matter ?

There is a potential problem that a country with low vaccination numbers may still have a greater or lesser degree of lockdown.

10 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

I don’t see why it matters if the country your going to has low vaccination numbers. Surely as long as the person travelling has been vaccinated it doesn’t matter ?

Two problems. Vaccines are more effective at stopping illness than transmission. Secondly a lot of countries (even rich ones) aren’t very good at testing for new variants. The fear would be that someone who has been vaccinated can travel to a country rife with COVID and catch a new strain that the vaccine doesn’t protect against then they bring it back.

23 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Two problems. Vaccines are more effective at stopping illness than transmission. Secondly a lot of countries (even rich ones) aren’t very good at testing for new variants. The fear would be that someone who has been vaccinated can travel to a country rife with COVID and catch a new strain that the vaccine doesn’t protect against then they bring it back.

Isn’t the current evidence really promising as far as the vaccine preventing a symptomatic cases.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Isn’t the current evidence really promising as far as the vaccine preventing a symptomatic cases.

Yes it's around 85-90% depending on vaccine. But it's in the high 90s for stopping serious illness (as high as 99% in the case of Pfizer). No doubt that it's incredible good but there's still that 10-15% that will still be able to transmit

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Yes it's around 85-90% depending on vaccine. But it's in the high 90s for stopping serious illness (as high as 99% in the case of Pfizer). No doubt that it's incredible good but there's still that 10-15% that will still be able to transmit

But compared with the risk of catching it in the first place a fully vaccinated person  bringing something back is actually really rare.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

But compared with the risk of catching it in the first place a fully vaccinated person  bringing something back is actually really rare.

Agreed. It's just really how the govt measures the risk and whether they allow it. We can talk about numbers and stats but all that really counts is how Johnson and his team sees it and in that regard no one really knows what will happen.

13 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Booked Bruge for aug bank holiday.  Flights were so cheap, I couldn't resist.

I've never been and always wanted to go.

One of my favourite places been there 3 times now and love it. Hopefully will get to go this year too. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Any good craft beers places pal, or eateries you would recommend?

The beer is very different over there compared to here and USA. No real IPAs etc but mainly blond beers, dubbels, tripels. Do you like those styles? If so I know some great places. 

54 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

The beer is very different over there compared to here and USA. No real IPAs etc but mainly blond beers, dubbels, tripels. Do you like those styles? If so I know some great places. 

Do like Belgium beers, love delirium, i.used to love drinking steins of them in Belgo.  2 and I'm anyones

15 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Do like Belgium beers, love delirium, i.used to love drinking steins of them in Belgo.  2 and I'm anyones

There's a great little boozer down an alleyway off the main square that serves an ale at 14% called GARRE (Garry) and it takes bodies.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

To accompany your trip I implore you to watch the film ‘In Bruges’ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Restaurants:

Park - this is one of the best I’ve ever been to it is decent value all things considered too.

Ribs n Beer - It is as the name suggests. You get unlimited ribs and can choose different rubs/sauces. One is beer and chocolate and is incredible.

One Minnewater - Good food in a really nice location. 
Cambrinus - Abit touristy and hard to get a table but it is good. They have the biggest beer menu I’ve seen with about 2000 choices.

Bars:

Le Trappiste - Cool cellar bar

De Garre - Tiny bar which is well hidden but has one of the best beers I’ve ever had. It is called Tripel De Garre and they serve it with a plate of cheese. This is one you need to try and have. 
2be Beer Wall - This is touristy but well worth going to. Really nice views over the lake and a good selection of draft beers in different styles.

Cafe Rose Red - Quiet bar with a good selection. It is romantic too if you are going with a better half.

Bieratelier Brugge - Tiny bar but very cool and a great draft selection.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's a great little boozer down an alleyway off the main square that serves an ale at 14% called GARRE (Garry) and it takes bodies.

Think that is the one I just mentioned. Absolutely amazing. Last time I went it was closed though and I was gutted.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Ribs n Beer is a must! Wasn’t so sure on the chocolate ribs but well worth a visit. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Ribs n Beer is a must! Wasn’t so sure on the chocolate ribs but well worth a visit. 

First time I went was with 2 mates. We were staying in Brussels and went to Bruges for a day. Got there early doors and spent the day walking drinking and going on the boat tour around the canal. By the time we got to ribs and beer it was like I was dreaming. The food there and the local Bruges Zot beer was just like an out of body experience.