Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Potentially ****ed up. Booked Disney land Paris for November for the kids but only just thought that I'll more than likely have to be vaccinated first and would imagine I'm low down on the priority list. Will the gap in between the two always be 12 weeks? My girlfriend has had hers as she works in a hospital

Edited by foxfanazer

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Potentially ****ed up. Booked Disney land Paris for November but only just thought that I'll more than likely to be vaccinated first and would imagine I'm low down on the priority list. Will the gap in between the two always be 12 weeks? My girlfriend has had hers as she works in a hospital

Considering everyone should have a first dose by end of July (emphasis on should), and the gap is 12 weeks to the second dose, then you will be fully vaccinated by end of October.

Of course, there are a 1001 other risks with booking any holidays in the future but with the information we have now, it looks fine. The hope is that by Q3/4 this year that foreign holidays may be possible and the later you go the less restrictions you might face too. We are booked for Portugal in October half term, staying in the UK (Devon for the first time ever) this summer (mid June). Currently hoping to finally see the family in Germany again late July too but only time will tell how things develop. Summer months should be safer than Winter months in theory.

• Thanks 1

On 06/03/2021 at 07:25, Lcfc82 said:

I don’t see why it matters if the country your going to has low vaccination numbers. Surely as long as the person travelling has been vaccinated it doesn’t matter ?

In theory it shouldn't but as said above somewhere, every country is scared of bringing a new variant into the country. Something that a vaccine can do nothing about. I guess there are two things to consider:

1. The country you are entering wants to make sure the country you are arriving from has low risk, high vaccination rates etc.

2. The country you are returning to (e.g. the UK for most of us) wants to make sure the above points are valid for wherever you are arriving from

And of course as mentioned, the government are looking to promote British holidays even though demand will surely outstrip supply and cause prices to go through the roof. Many are tied to school holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

Having two long weekends in Docking Norfolk next month. One of my customers has a holiday cottage and he's letting us stay for free if i do a little bit of decorating whilst there. It's a beautiful place and he's paying me for the time I'm there as well.

Really looking forward to a change of scenery. Doing lap after lap of Victoria Park is getting  pretty tiresome 

• Like 2

On 09/03/2021 at 08:37, Dr The Singh said:

Any good craft beers places pal, or eateries you would recommend?

Kasteel do a decent range of bottled and draught beers. ABV normally about 11%. It’s Belgium, but ask for a tester first if on draught, as one of their dark beers tasted like treacle to me! My mate had it, was staggering after four! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Soup said:

Having two long weekends in Docking Norfolk next month. One of my customers has a holiday cottage and he's letting us stay for free if i do a little bit of decorating whilst there. It's a beautiful place and he's paying me for the time I'm there as well.

Really looking forward to a change of scenery. Doing lap after lap of Victoria Park is getting  pretty tiresome 

It's a lovely part of Norfolk.

The Duck at Stanhoe is on the list of pubs I will go to soon after reopening. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

It's a lovely part of Norfolk.

The Duck at Stanhoe is on the list of pubs I will go to soon after reopening. 

That does look nice and only 5 minutes away. If they open up outside I think we'll give it a visit 

Just now, Soup said:

That does look nice and only 5 minutes away. If they open up outside I think we'll give it a visit 

Jolly Sailors just up the road has a little microbrewery too. It's more 'family' than the Duck and is packed at holiday times. 

The Norfolk real ale shop is about 15 mins drive away and does loads of very good beers from very obscure local breweries. 

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Jolly Sailors just up the road has a little microbrewery too. It's more 'family' than the Duck and is packed at holiday times. 

The Norfolk real ale shop is about 15 mins drive away and does loads of very good beers from very obscure local breweries. 

Excellent thanks. They both sound interesting, especially the ale shop. 

We’ve had a voucher for a three day break away that we actually had lined up for the New Forest when City were due to play Bournemouth. 

They gave us a voucher which stated we had to book by 31 Dec 2020 (didn’t matter when the holiday was) That was extended to 31 Mar and now it’s been extended to end of June. It’s gotta be eye watering for the home owners of holiday cottages etc 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We’ve had a voucher for a three day break away that we actually had lined up for the New Forest when City were due to play Bournemouth. 

They gave us a voucher which stated we had to book by 31 Dec 2020 (didn’t matter when the holiday was) That was extended to 31 Mar and now it’s been extended to end of June. It’s gotta be eye watering for the home owners of holiday cottages etc 

Just count yourself lucky you weren't at that Bournemouth game :cry:

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

'No foreign holidays ‘until August,’ government sources warn'

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/no-foreign-holidays-until-august-government-sources-warn/ar-BB1f34Ag?ocid=BingNews

Stuck this in the COVID thread but not everyone checks there so I'm putting it in here aswell.

Same old scares to be fair. See what is said when they announce it all I think is the best bet.

28 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Not a hotel but we've always taken ours to Queniborough Cattery, been going there for over 20 years now.

https://www.queniboroughcattery.co.uk/

Being a licensed cattery it is essential that cats are fully vaccinated against Feline Enteritis and Upper Respiratory Infection (cat flu). Up to date vaccination certificates will need to be seen every visit.

Cheers for the info. Any ideas where I'd find a vaccination certificate for my cats? Can't remember ever coming across one though I'm sure they've been jabbed. 

Just now, Innovindil said:

Being a licensed cattery it is essential that cats are fully vaccinated against Feline Enteritis and Upper Respiratory Infection (cat flu). Up to date vaccination certificates will need to be seen every visit.

Cheers for the info. Any ideas where I'd find a vaccination certificate for my cats? Can't remember ever coming across one though I'm sure they've been jabbed. 

Have you tried the kitchen drawers?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

I think ours is on a card in the drawers tbf, as Deb said lol Maybe ring the vets? They might keep some sort of record.

• Thanks 1