Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

Cheers, some good stuff here.

Fingers crossed you can still go.

We were booked for Madeira in July, but that is now Amber just like most of the world (was green when we booked).

Madeira have similar case rates to us as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slymunn said:

Can change flights for free on Ryanair at the minute. Think its for flights up to end of October.

I think you can only do it once? As I moved it from last year to this year (though I had to pay the excess) my understanding is I cannot move it again. 

Even if I could move it to another date this side of October, the question is where too? 😧😩

EasyJet have been much easier to deal with 

5 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

I think you can only do it once? As I moved it from last year to this year (though I had to pay the excess) my understanding is I cannot move it again. 

Even if I could move it to another date this side of October, the question is where too? 😧😩

EasyJet have been much easier to deal with 

Looks like its for 2021 now you can make changes with.

The gamble is where too. We we booked from last year to Sept and Oct this year hoping we could get away.

Screenshot_20210604-095619.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Good to hear the government considering letting vaccinated people travel without quarantine.

I’ve cancelled my New Orleans trip in November and booked to go back to South Africa with some friends in Feb. Any tips re a short safari in Kruger?

We stayed in nearby Nelspruit (South of Kruger). We booked through Viator. Driver/tour guide will come and pick you up wherever you're staying. 

An early start (4am) but its worth it because that's when you're most likely to see 'the big five'. It's cooler so they'll be at the watering holes or roaming about. If it's hot throughout the day then you'll have no luck. Some tours will provide lunch as well but it's worth taking your own stuff just incase. 

And be prepared to be blown away (not literally). Until you actually get to see it it's difficult to comprehend just how stunning it is to see animals like the big five in the wild and in their natural habitat. Kruger also reminded me of the Grand Canyon in terms of how vast the space is. There's a small hill you might get driven up to and if you go to the top of it, you get a 360 view and all you can see is Kruger. It's fascinating. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Not confident my Magaluf trip will go ahead at the end of August, fully expecting us to have to quarantine which then presents a real dilemma for 25 or so lads.

Not sure if it helps, but you can test to release on day 5 rather than doing the full 10 days isolating. I'm really hoping it changes soon too 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Not sure if it helps, but you can test to release on day 5 rather than doing the full 10 days isolating. I'm really hoping it changes soon too 

Yeah I did think so, but sadly that's even more money on tests and stuff isn't it. Think it'd be better to postpone it until next year, but obviously we've got about 25 lads and that means having the stag do after the wedding, plus we'll probably have to pay more to change it (might not though, we haven't looked into that yet until we're sure it's definitely getting postponed).

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Not confident my Magaluf trip will go ahead at the end of August, fully expecting us to have to quarantine which then presents a real dilemma for 25 or so lads.

I've booked neighbouring palma nova (basically magluf but for wimps like me) for early September....still hopeful that double vaxed might get the nod (the main reason I've had a jab tbh) after the summer peak.has passed 

Edited by Paninistickers

6 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Booked Majorca, we can't decide between Alcudia or Palma Nova?  Any advice guys?

Alcudia beach is like Miami beach decent town more of a family place, not been palma nova. there are some nice places to stay overlooking onto the beach/sea as well if thats your cup of tea

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Booked Majorca, we can't decide between Alcudia or Palma Nova?  Any advice guys?

Palma Nova is great for a couples holiday. Much less English than you'd think.  Great beach. Some.scuzz bars for a laugh. Some very decent restaurants. Some big screen sports bars if you dump the Mrs.for an afternoon. 25 min bus ride into the gorgeous palma city itself. Lovely 25.min beach promenade walk into Magaluf - you can ignore the hideous strip. Head for the fancy cocktail bars or nikki beach on the front 

• Thanks 1

On 21/06/2021 at 11:59, Leicester_Loyal said:

FFS, it goes on the green list but now half the lads think you'll need the jab to go so want it changed to 2022 (I'm certain you won't). I'm sticking firm, ain't paying another couple of hundred to change it all yet, it's too early.

45 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

FFS, it goes on the green list but now half the lads think you'll need the jab to go so want it changed to 2022 (I'm certain you won't). I'm sticking firm, ain't paying another couple of hundred to change it all yet, it's too early.

Saw this and thought of you :)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4378091188895948&id=155439794494463

• Thanks 1

Just booked a cruise in November 2022 (so literally a year and a half away 😅) for 14 nights to Spain & Portugal. Never booked a cruise before so used a travel agent for the first time - can anyone tell me what a reasonable price for something like this is to stop my ocd telling me we could have got a better deal? We paid £700 per person which we were told was a great deal but they’re bound to say that! Not peak travelling times with probably iffy weather. But hey if that is a good deal, you’re welcome 😁 Just hoping covid’s a thing of the past by then

Any reccomendations for places in the UK to go for a night or two? I did an area near Snowden a few weeks ago and it was class just going to different pubs, having a wander and some nice food by myself. I climbed Snowden aswell like but it was just a lovely area to be in and I'd deffo do it again in the future. Thought it'd be weird but genuinely enjoyed the time to myself with a book and whatever. 

Was thinking Scotland but it's a bit much for only a couple of nights as it'll take like 6 hours to get up there but I'm open to anything really. Thinking down south potentially but like I say, very open.

22 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

Any reccomendations for places in the UK to go for a night or two? I did an area near Snowden a few weeks ago and it was class just going to different pubs, having a wander and some nice food by myself. I climbed Snowden aswell like but it was just a lovely area to be in and I'd deffo do it again in the future. Thought it'd be weird but genuinely enjoyed the time to myself with a book and whatever. 

Was thinking Scotland but it's a bit much for only a couple of nights as it'll take like 6 hours to get up there but I'm open to anything really. Thinking down south potentially but like I say, very open.

Loads of great places in the UK, for 2 nights I wouldn’t go As far as Scotland. Peak District and Cotswolds are my go to places for a short trip, Lake District is also great. Wells next to the sea is nice if you want a beach.

They are all within 3 hours pretty much.

28 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

The cotswolds is a nice area and not to far away. Stowe on the wold is a good place to stay in for pubs and restaurants.

52 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

Peak district..??

1 hour ago, Ozwin said:

If walking is your thing, the Peak District and staying in say Bakewell or Buxton be fine. Even Castleton/Edale where Mam Tor is has enough pubs for a night stay or two 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox