Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

26 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Decent this morning and looks alright till Thursday so I’ll be ok with that.

Where abouts are you staying?

We are staying in Newquay as a base but getting out and about weather depending.

Was all motorway from our house which helped the decision!

Where abouts are you?

35 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Booked a trip with mates to a place called Llansteffan near Carmarthen. Any tips for Pembrokeshire would be welcome as I've never been. 

My in laws have a place in Pembrokeshire, but even further along the coast. Probably my favourite place to go round there is here: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/stackpole/trails/bosherston-lily-ponds-freshwater-magic-walk The trails lead to a beautiful beach, so whilst its a short walk you can make a day/half day of it. There's also walks across the cliffs from there as well. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just booked Crete.

It’s quite cheap at the moment but it will surpass normal prices by the time we’ve had PCR tests etc.

Does anyone recommend any places to get this done? Preferably in Leicester with quick turnaround.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I’ve just booked Crete.

It’s quite cheap at the moment but it will surpass normal prices by the time we’ve had PCR tests etc.

Does anyone recommend any places to get this done? Preferably in Leicester with quick turnaround.

dance-hokey-pokey-funny-wtf-7945290496

• 2 weeks later...

Prices of holidays in the UK this year are taking the piss. I promised the family we'd go away but there's fcuk all availability so it's supply and demand I guess.

Just booked a week near Tenby for the last week in July. Airbnb, 4 bed house, nothing flash. That's £2100 of your English pounds please :o

Feel like I've just been violated.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Prices of holidays in the UK this year are taking the piss. I promised the family we'd go away but there's fcuk all availability so it's supply and demand I guess.

Just booked a week near Tenby for the last week in July. Airbnb, 4 bed house, nothing flash. That's £2100 of your English pounds please :o

Wow.

And in Tenby. Jeez. 

It might have been cheaper to take on up the arse from a Welsh tranny.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Bloody hell. 

I appreciate it's not for everyone but me and my girlfriend are going camping this weekend 3 miles from St Ives and it's only £20 a night lol

27 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Thats insane

25 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Christ. If you paid for flights and pcr tests for the four of you, you could have all come and stayed with us in Spain for a fortnight, taken us all out for dinner every night and still gone home with change and a tan :o

Well the rest of your family with the tan :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Booked a nice holiday for my Mrs and my 50th.

Managed to get insurance to cancel if we  have to self isolate.

Not getting too excited as we will just have to see how in pans out.

Singapore at the Marina Bay

Bali

Lombok

Gilli Islands 

Early November hopefully 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

That's when I tell the kids we arent going anywhere because it's too expensive. Sometimes daddy has to be a cvnt it's our right! No dad needs to be violated (unless you are into that..oh wait, i see what's going on here. Nevermind).

I got lucky though in december 2019 we went to montego bay for my 40th and then covid hit 2 months later. Got one in just in time!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Should of been going Sardinia in a couple of weeks but now going Snowdonia instead 🙈 for 2 nights.

Did you make a spelling mistake when you booked? :P

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Izzy said:

We booked a week in Devon in mid June. Booked it back in Feb just before one of the announcements and we basically went on the principle that international travel will not be open by May. We are also lucky that this is the last year before our eldest starts school and we have to stick to school holidays then (in theory). The same break in July would have been about 3 times the price.

We also booked a week for four of us in Portugal all inclusive for the October half term (booked end of last year). At just over £1,400 it's a pretty good deal, good hotel too.

UK holidays are very good but there is the lottery of the weather and the fact that most are overpriced. This year is even worse due to the high demand. The only UK breaks I have had have been cabins (e.g. Centre Parcs, Forest Holidays etc.) so far, Devon being my first "proper" UK holiday resort. You can understand why people book to go abroad most of the time though, as nice as the UK is if you explore.

• Like 1

If you can, wait to book at UK holiday as according to the travel agent we use for all of our holidays, she has said so many people are booking British Holidays AS WELL as a Spanish for the same dates just encase they get the green light to travel and the majority of UK holidays are offering free cancellation. 

She is fully expecting 1000's of UK holidays to get cancelled IF Spain etc. go on to the green list before the Summer holidays. 

If may be worth holding out especially with the report that Spain will 'go Green' before the end of June. 

14 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

If you can, wait to book at UK holiday as according to the travel agent we use for all of our holidays, she has said so many people are booking British Holidays AS WELL as a Spanish for the same dates just encase they get the green light to travel and the majority of UK holidays are offering free cancellation. 

She is fully expecting 1000's of UK holidays to get cancelled IF Spain etc. go on to the green list before the Summer holidays. 

If may be worth holding out especially with the report that Spain will 'go Green' before the end of June. 

Yup. I've done this. 400 quid - no cancellation refund tho- on a taff caravan park booked alongside a long standing mallorca booking. 

If mallorca gets the green light, I'll either write off the taff holiday and takenthe 400 quid hit or sell it privately