Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Booked

Singapore ,Bali,Lombok,Gili for my Mrs and My 50th for November.

Not taking kids ,dunno if that’s a good thing 😂

No, it's not a good thing.

It's a GREAT thing :thumbup:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Izzy said:

No, it's not a good thing.

It's a GREAT thing :thumbup:

They are 20 and 17 and are very good at taking the piss out of themselves.Tonight we have had  the cat,the dog their own nan,me the Mrs anything on tv,it’s a source of entertainment .

Tonight we have had HMC which means high maintenance cat,for its constant neediness ,dick head dog for barking at the cat being needy on numerous occasions asking my mother whether her female friend Terri was pre op or now a bloke ( this is mentioned every single time,even madam Tussaud’s got a mention from my son and it was suggested by his sister he preferred madam pork swords.

Think this could be my immature genes.

They never get a Mard with each other,just listen to every word to get their own back.Never a dull moment here.

My Mrs sometimes just gets up and goes to bed muttering to a chorus of”she’s gunna cry in a minute “

will be less exciting and I can 100% guarantee my Mrs won’t want to go to bed early on holiday!

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Honeymoon trip booked for January :banana:

Fair play.   I got married in November 2019 and had honeymoon in Maldives booked in April 2020 then the pandemic hit.   My wife is now pregnant and we have no idea when we would be able to go on the honeymoon again 🤣

3 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Fair play.   I got married in November 2019 and had honeymoon in Maldives booked in April 2020 then the pandemic hit.   My wife is now pregnant and we have no idea when we would be able to go on the honeymoon again 🤣

Congratulations! I'm sure the honeymoon trip will come, and it'll be great :D

Our thinking is by then we will both be vaccinated (she's had the double already, I'll be happy with one!) and that at least international travel will be allowed by that time. Fingers crossed there's no repetitive waves or spikes... 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

They are 20 and 17 and are very good at taking the piss out of themselves.Tonight we have had  the cat,the dog their own nan,me the Mrs anything on tv,it’s a source of entertainment .

Tonight we have had HMC which means high maintenance cat,for its constant neediness ,dick head dog for barking at the cat being needy on numerous occasions asking my mother whether her female friend Terri was pre op or now a bloke ( this is mentioned every single time,even madam Tussaud’s got a mention from my son and it was suggested by his sister he preferred madam pork swords.

Think this could be my immature genes.

They never get a Mard with each other,just listen to every word to get their own back.Never a dull moment here.

My Mrs sometimes just gets up and goes to bed muttering to a chorus of”she’s gunna cry in a minute “

will be less exciting and I can 100% guarantee my Mrs won’t want to go to bed early on holiday!

Your kids sound an entertaining pair. I'd be inclined to leave your Mrs at home and go with the kids - might just be my immature genes, though. 

• Haha 1

Just booked to spend 8 days in August walking the Norfolk Coast Path, adding a couple of bits (Lowestoft-King's Lynn).

Any locals who want to recommend particular sites along the coast, would be appreciated. @bovril

Also, does anyone know how easy it is to get from Hunstanton to King's Lynn by public footpath? I'll get local maps, but any info appreciated. Don't know if there are major diversions due to marshland, waterways or whatever.

This wasn't my plan at all. I intended to do the South Devon path, but accommodation on the western stretch (Dartmouth-Wembury) was impossible to find - at least in a reasonable location at a reasonable price.

Be warned that places are getting seriously booked up due to all the staycations and folk expecting not to be able to go abroad.

Norfolk should be good, though - and fewer hills to challenge the dodgy ticker.

35 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Just booked to spend 8 days in August walking the Norfolk Coast Path, adding a couple of bits (Lowestoft-King's Lynn).

Any locals who want to recommend particular sites along the coast, would be appreciated. @bovril

Also, does anyone know how easy it is to get from Hunstanton to King's Lynn by public footpath? I'll get local maps, but any info appreciated. Don't know if there are major diversions due to marshland, waterways or whatever.

This wasn't my plan at all. I intended to do the South Devon path, but accommodation on the western stretch (Dartmouth-Wembury) was impossible to find - at least in a reasonable location at a reasonable price.

Be warned that places are getting seriously booked up due to all the staycations and folk expecting not to be able to go abroad.

There is an official trail between them, Alf, the Iceni Way

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I only know west of Sheringham. The bit from Blakeney to Brancaster is very beautiful, there are some fantastic stretches of beach. Holme is also a very nice, quiet spot. Maybe my favourite part of the coast. 

I don't know about walking to Lynn from Hunstanton. You can get as far as Snettisham beach along the coast then I don't know. I think there are footpaths and cycle tracks to Lynn. I'd guess at 5-6 hours walking.

Will you be taking any diversions inland? 

Edited by bovril
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bovril said:

I only know west of Sheringham. The bit from Blakeney to Brancaster is very beautiful, there are some fantastic stretches of beach. Holme is also a very nice, quiet spot. Maybe my favourite part of the coast. 

I don't know about walking to Lynn from Hunstanton. You can get as far as Snettisham beach along the coast then I don't know. I think there are footpaths and cycle tracks to Lynn. I'd guess at 5-6 hours walking.

Will you be taking any diversions inland? 

Thanks for those recommendations.

A couple of the places I've booked to stay are a bit inland - Sutton (beyond Yarmouth) and Holt.

I doubt that I'll stray too far inland apart from that as I've given myself enough miles to walk already.

But if there's somewhere you'd especially recommend that's not too far from the coast, I'd be interested.

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

Thanks for those recommendations.

A couple of the places I've booked to stay are a bit inland - Sutton (beyond Yarmouth) and Holt.

I doubt that I'll stray too far inland apart from that as I've given myself enough miles to walk already.

But if there's somewhere you'd especially recommend that's not too far from the coast, I'd be interested.

The area south east of Holt is rather lovely with some beautiful old churches and ruins, but you're getting away from the coast. The bit south of Thornham is nice too. You can pick up the Pedders Way and go south from Holme.

I like inland Norfolk even more than the coast to be honest, it's weirder and less modern. But the coastal path is great and to be honest a week walking through the Brecklands of deepest Norfolk may be interesting from a historical and anthropological point of view but probably wouldn't constitute an amazing holiday. 

Norfolk's a massive county and there are still parts I barely know. 

• Thanks 1

As a follow on to Buce's recommendation for KL to Hnstn, check out https://griffmonster-walks.blogspot.com/2011/08/iceni-way-kingslynn-to-hunstanton.html?m=1

As noted, the North Norfolk coast is great - always enjoyed the coastline from Old Hunstanton to Salthouse (but only walked parts of it).  Holt is a good place to visit/stay.  Never been a fan of the Yarmouth coastline (but my old man always liked Scratby).  If you get bored of the coastline - you could cut off the NE corner (from Cromer or Happisburgh Lighthouse) & cut down inland via Norwich/the Broads - back out to Yarmouth/down to Lowestoft (although I prefer Southwold over Lowestoft).  Have fun.

• Thanks 1

On 30/03/2021 at 17:13, StanSP said:

Honeymoon trip booked for January :banana:

Nice where you off too?

We are about to go into another lockdown of some sorts over here in Ontario so i ain't booking shiet! Staycation for the foreseeable future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2021 at 05:02, Jattdogg said:

Nice where you off too?

We are about to go into another lockdown of some sorts over here in Ontario so i ain't booking shiet! Staycation for the foreseeable future.

Barbados and Jamaica :D

Really hoping it can go ahead after this year and rearranged wedding dates and all the stress that's come along with it. Two weeks of earned paradise! 

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Down in Cornwall, yellow weather warnings for the wind and it sounds like a war zone out there. I wonder why people are desperate to go abroad.

I'm here too. Got down Saturday and was nice till yesterday. Thursday morning looks bad too.

We are same as we would usually be abroad this time of year.

1 minute ago, slymunn said:

I'm here too. Got down Saturday and was nice till yesterday. Thursday morning looks bad too.

We are same as we would usually be abroad this time of year.

Decent this morning and looks alright till Thursday so I’ll be ok with that.

Where abouts are you staying?