Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

22 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Oh mate,I really miss that place.

my mum flogged hers just before lockdown.

Yea I’m looking forward to going back. Not been in peak time before. If you ever wanna stay give me a shout. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yea I’m looking forward to going back. Not been in peak time before. If you ever wanna stay give me a shout. 

Thanks mate.Where abouts is your van?

Mums was down the bottom ( Holt end)towards those new really expensive ones.Got a mate who had one on the left on the entrance straight, and an old work colleague has hers towards the bottom fishing lake.Had some really good times so might be up for hiring at some point.

22 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Thanks mate.Where abouts is your van?

Mums was down the bottom ( Holt end)towards those new really expensive ones.Got a mate who had one on the left on the entrance straight, and an old work colleague has hers towards the bottom fishing lake.Had some really good times so might be up for hiring at some point.

It’s the other end so nearer the entrance but very secluded and a pretty good spot. Think the second right from the main entrance. Drop me a pm if you are interested.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s the other end so nearer the entrance but very secluded and a pretty good spot. Think the second right from the main entrance. Drop me a pm if you are interested.

Will do,although this year I’m struggling big time as have loads of breaks and still sorting landscaping for my new build.

made my night though 👍

4 hours ago, Fathead1981 said:

Just booked the Maldives part of our honeymoon in Feb next year, nearly £5k for 4 nights in what is essentially a hut on stilts, how i let the mrs talk me into it ill never know! Forget Daniel Levy this woman knows how to negotiate

For some reason I read the first line and thought Madeira. When you said £5k for 4 nights I had to re read that line.

Going to Lanzarote as a family in July. Staying in a villa near Puerto del Carmen - any recommendations?
Ideally I’d like to do something that’s not lounging around the pool all day because I get bored of that relatively quickly.

It doesn’t look like there’s too much going on outside the usual resort business tbh.

37 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Going to Lanzarote as a family in July. Staying in a villa near Puerto del Carmen - any recommendations?
Ideally I’d like to do something that’s not lounging around the pool all day because I get bored of that relatively quickly.

It doesn’t look like there’s too much going on outside the usual resort business tbh.

Yeah, Lanzarote gets pretty dull tbh. My suggestion is take a good audio book and just try to enjoy doing f all.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

I've never been but it looks like there's good mountain biking trails. Back pack on, tunes in your ears and away you go. I love doing a few miles at sunrise, can be really inspiring. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stadt said:

A tour of the island is always quite interesting. We did a tour up to the volcano and the camel ride.  Very touristy, but quite interesting, especially if you have kids.

You can book english speaking tours with local agencies, about half the price of the tours organised by reps. And just as good.

I have not done it, but if you like art, there is a Cesar Manrique tour around the island and to his garden and studios.

Boat trips always good on holiday.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

A tour of the island is always quite interesting. We did a tour up to the volcano and the camel ride.  Very touristy, but quite interesting, especially if you have kids.

You can book english speaking tours with local agencies, about half the price of the tours organised by reps. And just as good.

I have not done it, but if you like art, there is a Cesar Manrique tour around the island and to his garden and studios.

Boat trips always good on holiday.

Volcano sounds up my street, cheers 

On 27/05/2021 at 00:26, Stadt said:

Lots of really interesting stuff to do on Lanzarote. 

• Mirador Del Rio - in my opinion one of the the most breath-taking views on the planet. I never tire of going there. Plus cafe set into side of a cliff
  • Green Caves and Los Jameos Del Acqua  -  These two natural attractions (lave tubes) are close together featuring unique species of white crab, underground auditorium and Caesar Manrique designed pool. Very interesting
  • Cactus garden - built in an old quarry by Caesar Manrique Cactus does not on the face of it seem interesting but the place is amazing
  • The Caesar Manrigue foundation - the home he designed in a lave tube - stunning and amazing (a must see)
  • The house Omar Sharif lost in a game of cards - again another Manrique masterpiece and well worth a visit
  • Do go to fire mountain and take the tour - its the nearest thing to the moon on earth (miss any camels)
  • Taking the hydrofoil from Playa Blanca to Coralejo on Fuerta Venture - Great trip, walk into Coralejo have a beer and come back - really nice afternoon

Loads of other things to do but the above would be my top 7 - you can't go wrong with any/all of them

Its a fantastic island and you'll have an amazing visit if you get out of the resort 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Red Squirrel said:

Lots of really interesting stuff to do on Lanzarote. 

• Mirador Del Rio - in my opinion one of the the most breath-taking views on the planet. I never tire of going there. Plus cafe set into side of a cliff
  • Green Caves and Los Jameos Del Acqua  -  These two natural attractions (lave tubes) are close together featuring unique species of white crab, underground auditorium and Caesar Manrique designed pool. Very interesting
  • Cactus garden - built in an old quarry by Caesar Manrique Cactus does not on the face of it seem interesting but the place is amazing
  • The Caesar Manrigue foundation - the home he designed in a lave tube - stunning and amazing (a must see)
  • The house Omar Sharif lost in a game of cards - again another Manrique masterpiece and well worth a visit
  • Do go to fire mountain and take the tour - its the nearest thing to the moon on earth (miss any camels)
  • Taking the hydrofoil from Playa Blanca to Coralejo on Fuerta Venture - Great trip, walk into Coralejo have a beer and come back - really nice afternoon

Loads of other things to do but the above would be my top 7 - you can't go wrong with any/all of them

Its a fantastic island and you'll have an amazing visit if you get out of the resort 

Cheers, some good stuff here.

Edited by Stadt

Due to go Majorca (a villa) in July, moved from last year. If by the end of June Majorca hasn’t dropped to green, we will try and get our money back.

Airbnb we will loose approx £200, it’s Ryanair £550 flights that I’m not looking forward arguing with, they are not great to deal will. 

4 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Due to go Majorca (a villa) in July, moved from last year. If by the end of June Majorca hasn’t dropped to green, we will try and get our money back.

Airbnb we will loose approx £200, it’s Ryanair £550 flights that I’m not looking forward arguing with, they are not great to deal will. 

Can change flights for free on Ryanair at the minute. Think its for flights up to end of October.