hackneyfox Posted 13 January 2015 Posted 13 January 2015 Did you actually watch that game? Great goal and aside from two giveaways (which was better than our CMs) that didn't cost anything, he was rock solid. Apart from the awful passes
Jimmy Posted 13 January 2015 Posted 13 January 2015 Apart from the awful passes yeah a number of times he had a simple ball to his winger and instead played a shit ball into cm and gave it away
Jimmy Posted 13 January 2015 Posted 13 January 2015 if Knockaert, Albrighton and Lawrence take their chance when Mahrez is back and assuming we sign Maloney I could see Schlupp taking over the left back role
Max Power Posted 13 January 2015 Posted 13 January 2015 if Knockaert, Albrighton and Lawrence take their chance when Mahrez is back and assuming we sign Maloney I could see Schlupp taking over the left back role That's what I'm hoping is the plan if we don't sign a left back this window.
Fatbloke Posted 13 January 2015 Posted 13 January 2015 Did you actually watch that game? Great goal and aside from two giveaways (which was better than our CMs) that didn't cost anything, he was rock solid. Was being ironic 77, I agree 100% mate, I think Konch is great and get`s unfair stick, we could do with back up there though.
crazylegs1984 Posted 13 January 2015 Posted 13 January 2015 criscotto bring him back from the depths of russian football
RUDZY Posted 13 January 2015 Posted 13 January 2015 Konch is definitely UP FOR THE FIGHT,which is nice to see and a GREAT EXAMPLE
Miquel The Work Geordie Posted 13 January 2015 Posted 13 January 2015 we need one desperately. candidates? THIS
LCFCZAC Posted 13 January 2015 Posted 13 January 2015 Apart from the awful passes Don't forget that incredible pass against west ham to Andy Carroll
The_77 Posted 13 January 2015 Posted 13 January 2015 Was being ironic 77, I agree 100% mate, I think Konch is great and get`s unfair stick, we could do with back up there though. My apologies!
UpTheLeagueFox Posted 14 January 2015 Posted 14 January 2015 Definitely need a new left back. I think that's a blind spot for the manager. I wasn't impressed much with Konchesky last season and aside from the occasional half decent moment I think he's too much of a liability on the whole. Just watch when he gets the ball inside his own half and quickly gets closed down - it often puts us in trouble. Edited to add - Tyrone Mings? He's isn't going to come here.
Vicki Vixen Posted 14 January 2015 Posted 14 January 2015 spoke to George friends dad last week and said we could do with a new left back because konchesky was our worst player(before he scored on sat) and to get George's agent to see what he could do! Ahh, football friend
thybluefox Posted 14 January 2015 Posted 14 January 2015 For a player with so much experience, Konchesky should be a lot better than he actually is. Sometime with the mistakes he makes it's like watching and 18 year old learning the game.
ramadaone Posted 14 January 2015 Posted 14 January 2015 This lad will be our left back for many years but he ain't ready just yet
Buzzell Posted 15 January 2015 Posted 15 January 2015 Tyrone Mings would fit the bill for me. Looks a very promising player. Very unrealistic though, there's a lot of clubs interested in him.
filbertway Posted 15 January 2015 Posted 15 January 2015 I wonder if that's why Pearson doesn't seem interested in signing a left back, maybe Chillwell will be gradually introduced in the next 12-18 months.
LAprice_ Posted 15 January 2015 Posted 15 January 2015 I feel sorry for Konchesky because the other players don't make themselves available for the pass often enough. Hammond and James have been fantastic off the ball in recent weeks but neither look to pick up the ball from the full-backs often enough. Wes Morgan almost always passes the ball to Konchesky and then runs away. Apart from the few careless mistakes and yes, there aren't as many as people make out, he has been one of our most consistent performers. It's a bit like the Nugent debate. It's easy to look for all the negatives after a player makes a mistake; it basically distracts all attention from anything positive. It's also worth noting that Paul Konchesky is nearly 34 years old, I know only one other 34 year old in the league who still sprints up and down the pitch in the 94th minute and his name is Marcin. A new left-back may come in at the end of the season but I'm really not concerned enough to bring in a random guy for 6 months.
Lovejoy Posted 15 January 2015 Posted 15 January 2015 I feel sorry for Konchesky because the other players don't make themselves available for the pass often enough. Hammond and James have been fantastic off the ball in recent weeks but neither look to pick up the ball from the full-backs often enough. Wes Morgan almost always passes the ball to Konchesky and then runs away. Apart from the few careless mistakes and yes, there aren't as many as people make out, he has been one of our most consistent performers. It's a bit like the Nugent debate. It's easy to look for all the negatives after a player makes a mistake; it basically distracts all attention from anything positive. It's also worth noting that Paul Konchesky is nearly 34 years old, I know only one other 34 year old in the league who still sprints up and down the pitch in the 94th minute and his name is Marcin. A new left-back may come in at the end of the season but I'm really not concerned enough to bring in a random guy for 6 months. I don't buy in to this. If you watch Konchesky, he evidently struggles mentally and the experience notion is tosh when you see other players rushing over to him telling him to keep his chin up, as was evident in the Villa game. He has no pace, isn't strong and his distribution is woeful (be it backpasses, hoofing the ball out of play instead of looking for the pass, or just generally giving the ball away as he so regularly does. He is a liability, and has looked it for the past 12 months.
BigMicky Posted 15 January 2015 Posted 15 January 2015 I don't buy in to this. If you watch Konchesky, he evidently struggles mentally and the experience notion is tosh when you see other players rushing over to him telling him to keep his chin up, as was evident in the Villa game. He has no pace, isn't strong and his distribution is woeful (be it backpasses, hoofing the ball out of play instead of looking for the pass, or just generally giving the ball away as he so regularly does. He is a liability, and has looked it for the past 12 months. I watch him every week, countless times he is played into trouble. He gives the ball away as there are very few options at times, its always very tight by the time he receives the ball. Struggles mentally?? That must be true, he has played his entire career basically at the top level. I don't even know why I replied, you are a bit clueless and hate is clouding any judgement you may have. I feel sorry for Konchesky because the other players don't make themselves available for the pass often enough. Hammond and James have been fantastic off the ball in recent weeks but neither look to pick up the ball from the full-backs often enough. Wes Morgan almost always passes the ball to Konchesky and then runs away. Apart from the few careless mistakes and yes, there aren't as many as people make out, he has been one of our most consistent performers. It's a bit like the Nugent debate. It's easy to look for all the negatives after a player makes a mistake; it basically distracts all attention from anything positive. It's also worth noting that Paul Konchesky is nearly 34 years old, I know only one other 34 year old in the league who still sprints up and down the pitch in the 94th minute and his name is Marcin. A new left-back may come in at the end of the season but I'm really not concerned enough to bring in a random guy for 6 months. Top post! 100% agree
MC Prussian Posted 15 January 2015 Posted 15 January 2015 Regardless of whether you like Konchesky or not - and he did come under justified scrutiny for a while a few weeks back (I was critical of him, too) - there is no doubt that, in spite of the deserved plaudit for his recent performances, he's approaching the latter stage of his career and with each new season, he does lose more pace. And the Premier League does put you up against some of the deadliest and fastest wingers there are. He's a great asset in terms of experience and been a great servant to the club over the years, but we do need to look elsewhere in the long run. The problem here is that reliable and promising young(er) left-backs are very sought after and hard to find. Most bigger clubs tend to hold onto their left-backs with longer contracts in order to push the asking price during January transfer windows in particular (sellers' market). That is especially true with Premier League clubs. We might have to look elsewhere for suitable replacement, I'd suggest central Europe (France/Germany/Italy) or thereabouts.
phildw Posted 15 January 2015 Posted 15 January 2015 Looks like he is off to Swansea. Can't blame him I suppose.
thybluefox Posted 15 January 2015 Posted 15 January 2015 The point about Konch not getting support is a fair one, rarely does he have more than half an option when he's got the ball at left back - hence the chip down the line we all love so much...
Lovejoy Posted 15 January 2015 Posted 15 January 2015 I watch him every week, countless times he is played into trouble. He gives the ball away as there are very few options at times, its always very tight by the time he receives the ball. Struggles mentally?? That must be true, he has played his entire career basically at the top level. I don't even know why I replied, you are a bit clueless and hate is clouding any judgement you may have. Top post! 100% agree Very mature, good work. He isn't physically or psychologically good enough to be a Premiership full back any more. Perhaps you miss the regular short back passes, or the constant loss of possession in defensive areas. You can claim he is played into trouble, a Premiership standard fullback would deal with tight situations better than him. We are bottom of the table, and he is without question one of our weakest links.
BigMicky Posted 15 January 2015 Posted 15 January 2015 Very mature, good work. He isn't physically or psychologically good enough to be a Premiership full back any more. Perhaps you miss the regular short back passes, or the constant loss of possession in defensive areas. You can claim he is played into trouble, a Premiership standard fullback would deal with tight situations better than him. We are bottom of the table, and he is without question one of our weakest links. How many goals come from his side? Apart from west ham name a dodgy back pass that has led to a goal? You have absoloulty zero idea about the guys mentality, if it is indeed shot, then how about we get behind him and support him, I'm sure that would be far better than slagging the guy off by senseless morons. He gives 100% every game and won us the game last week but yet that's all forgotten.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.