Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Just put all things to one side for a second. Answer me one question honestly.

Please tell me why it's ok for you to lavish players you like with plaudits, and to saddle players you don't like with the general under performance of the team.

Example being Schlup for instance can do no wrong, when ever Cambiasso is bought up "well we are bottom so he must be shit" .........genuine question. Despite the fact that the latter has turned up for us plenty more times than the former.

You just need to read back through this thread to see that actually, it's a lot of other people, including yourself sometimes, who does exactly what you've just accused me of.

During the season you yourself have criticised a lot of players, most notably Ulloa and Schlupp, yet will always find a way to defend some..including Cambiasso.

And I've always disagreed with you and the majority. I've never felt Cambi warrants anywhere near the praise that is lavished upon him. The whole season on here has been littered with praise for a footballer who's best years are well behind him.

This season has been a stinker. We adopted your beloved 4-4-2 today and effectively threw the game away. When we did so, the one thing we should have done was to replace Cambiasso with some fresh legs in the middle. I noticed that Hammond was waiting on the subs bench looking forlorn... But Nigel, again, stuck with Morgan and Cambiasso. And again, we've lost the game.

So, turn that right around and answer your own question.

I agree, as I said before, football is very much about opinions.

In my humble opinion I see this bloke as pure class.

Feeling quite depressed, after today. Our manager has not got a clue how to use what talent he has in the squad.

I also need a break from this forum, as some people's opinions I find very hard to swallow.

Col City?? What football planet are you on. In my 'opinion' you clearly know very little about football.

I will always have that blind hope while it is mathematically possible to stay up, but realistically I find it hard to see us staying up.

Please prove me wrong City, please.

I knew enough about football today to know that if we reverted to 4-4-2, we'd lose. Unfortunately, Nigel didn't and neither did the majority on the match thread.

Cambiasso does not have the legs to play this box to box role anymore, for about the millionth time. Like you, I'm fed up saying it and trying to explain it. Personally I think playing that way has actually contributed to this seasons completely appalling performance. So no, in my opinion, I think you're miles off.

We are a better side with Hammond in the team not Cambiasso.

Yes Cambiasso can pass a ball incredibly well at times, but he also wastes quite a few passes as well. Hammond is better defensively and keeps the ball better, drop Cambiasso and get Hammond back in, or play both in a midfield three.

Yes Hammond is the answer. If Hammond was playing well... Ooh ah oohs aaaahs ooooh I've wet the bed. Get real

Stats don't lie, we've picked up more points when Hammond has played.

He doesn't pull up any trees, but he does his job and does it well.

Even when we have lost with him in the side, Chelsea for instance, he was probably our best player.

If we have a better record with Hammond then he should play, I don't want to see Pearson accommodate Cambiasso just for the sake of it.

He may deliver against Man Utd and Arsenal, but if he can't replicate those performances against teams like Villa, then he shouldn't be in the starting 11.

I knew enough about football today to know that if we reverted to 4-4-2, we'd lose. Unfortunately, Nigel didn't and neither did the majority on the match thread.

Cambiasso does not have the legs to play this box to box role anymore, for about the millionth time. Like you, I'm fed up saying it and trying to explain it. Personally I think playing that way has actually contributed to this seasons completely appalling performance. So no, in my opinion, I think you're miles off.

Did you know we'd lose when we played 4-4-2 against Villa six weeks ago at home?

Did you know we'd lose when we played 4-4-2 against Villa six weeks ago at home?

Read the match thread and stick to putting up pictures with soppy slogans of other team's managers Corky mi ol son. And the 'other team', of course, beat us again.

Bad day to be a City fan.

Read the match thread and stick to putting up pictures with soppy slogans of other team's managers Corky mi ol son. And the 'other team', of course, beat us again.

Bad day to be a City fan.

Ok Col, I will.

You stick to telling us how you predicted it would all pan out exactly as it did.

He's no spring chicken anymore. Had one of his best performances in a city shirt against Arsenal midweek, but today was a game too far in such a small space of time (I said he should be rested in one of the pre match threads, so go me, I know everything, should be a manager, know more about football than anyone else on here, prediction king, called it, always right, well most the time etc etc etc etc), was always going to be hard pressed to influence the game in any meaningful way today, but he still tried his best.

starting formations aside. the change to  4-4-2 did make us worse. the first goal  came from a large gap where Was was and simpson  being powderpuff. bacuna went round him like he wasn't even  there.

the refusal for whatever reason to  bring on the other 2 subs was baffling.

james and krameric were the only players to come out with any  credit today.

i would've brought on hammond for cambi, i would've left Was on and not brought ulloa on.

albrighton should have replaced the totally ineffectual mahrez at half time.

then if we needed to go for it in the last  10 take a defender off (and it would've been morgan or upson if he was tiring, not Was), and put another attacker on

He just isn't up to top flight football.

He makes 1 or 2 exquisite passes each match and 10 terrible passes.

He pressures opponents but doesn't have the pace to persist and then is out of position for getting back.

His brain is 100% top quality prem, his body is past it.

Doesnt help when our defence constantly give the ball away especially paul feckin konchesky- he's not the ball retrieving midfielder people want him to be 

NP should got a lennon type of player in the summer to play alongside him and mop up the defensive mistakes but obviously thought James/King and Drinky could do that job? which they cant    :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Doesnt help when our defence constantly give the ball away especially paul feckin konchesky- he's not the ball retrieving midfielder people want him to be

NP should got a lennon type of player in the summer to play alongside him and mop up the defensive mistakes but obviously thought James/King and Drinky could do that job? which they cant :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

We need a rodwell

We need a rodwell

He wouldn't of come here -  anyways the point is NP surely must of known how Cambiasso plays and how his legs wouldnt of been up to the pace of PL and we would need a midfielder enforcer - James/Drinky/King all similar types CMS but do not mop up/make tackles/ - Hammond has done half a job in the role but did NP really think about this scenario properly? 

Just smacks of mismanagement and not knowing how you want a CM pairing to work 

He wouldn't of come here - anyways the point is NP surely must of known how Cambiasso plays and how his legs wouldnt of been up to the pace of PL and we would need a midfielder enforcer - James/Drinky/King all similar types CMS but do not mop up/make tackles/ - Hammond has done half a job in the role but did NP really think about this scenario properly?

Just smacks of mismanagement and not knowing how you want a CM pairing to work

This post is 'pukka'

:thumbup:

Spot on

Again, see Lee's thread on our midfield. Goals scored, tackles won, assists etc etc etc..Our stats from the midfield are shocking for a club at this level. Pearson has had no clue how to play them properly.

For me, I reiterate, our midfield has been our biggest weakness of all.

He played well FFS. Both him and Matty James were two of our best players alongside Kramaric and Upson.

Really?

Look I was very excited by the prospects of the season when we signed him, but basically he's not been as good as I would have hoped.

I think our best player was James yesterday, but Cambi took an absolute bath. The worst I have ever seen him play. I lost count of the number of long balls that went astray.

This post is 'pukka'

:thumbup:

Spot on

Again, see Lee's thread on our midfield. Goals scored, tackles won, assists etc etc etc..Our stats from the midfield are shocking for a club at this level. Pearson has had no clue how to play them properly.

For me, I reiterate, our midfield has been our biggest weakness of all.

To my eye only one central midfielder - Jaymo - has come anywhere near to replicating his true level of form.

Hammond, probably has done as well as he can, but let's face it, he's an ageing Championship player.

So there we go.

Archived