Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

:nigel:

If he had half the form his record suggest we'd be laughing

Based on his performances for us, he's not fit to lace Izzett, Lennon or even Savage's boots as it stands... and that's without trawling through the history books at actual 'greats'

On the flipside, tactics haven't always helped him though

I don't think that's what westernpark meant and I too nearly got caught..lol

The greatest ever outfield player to play for us..is maybe correct actually. Not our best ever player to perform in a city shirt...if that makes sense.

:nigel:

If he had half the form his record suggest we'd be laughing

Based on his performances for us, he's not fit to lace Izzett, Lennon or even Savage's boots as it stands... and that's without trawling through the history books at actual 'greats'

On the flipside, tactics haven't always helped him though

But that's not what westernpark meant, really.

He said "best passer I've ever seen in a City shirt". In that regard, he is right.

The Crab?

Despite everything that has happened so far this season I have been taken by the commitment of Esteban to the cause.

It was exciting that such a legend signed at all but he has not come for an easy end of career pay off

For me his determination was epitomised in that moment in the Emirates when he was on all fours,the ball beneath his body and wriggled free to create a scoring opportunity out of almost nothing.

Pure quality - we are vlucky to have him - np did v well toget him he could have signed for any prem team of his choice .

He was one of the best papers on the pitch for the arsenal game , he is 2 passes ahead of any of our players PURE CLASS.

LCFC fans are lucky to have such a quality player in our club

UP THE CITY - if we can just click now we Can stay up now come make some f noise

I might seem an idiot for this but a small part of me thinks he might even stick around even if we get relegated. He probably won't but he just doesn't strike me as the type who is happy to jump even if a team is under-performing. He's got a lot going for him here.

Hes a leader. He has proven his quality for me this season and should have lots more assists, if we took some of our chances. He isn't here for one last payday, he is committed as all the rest. Definitely one of my favorite players in a lcfc shirt in the last 10 years or so

I might seem an idiot for this but a small part of me thinks he might even stick around even if we get relegated. He probably won't but he just doesn't strike me as the type who is happy to jump even if a team is under-performing. He's got a lot going for him here.

No not an idiot at all. Were not necessarily down yet. But there have been experienced campaigners who have dropped into the championship and helped the cause for their sides. Just look at Eidur Gudjohnsen and Heskey at Bolton, still offering valuable options to Neil Lennon. There are other examples too.

I just worry with Cambiasso whether he will be able to sustain the rigors of a championship season if we do go down. The constant saturday tuesday fixtures might prove difficult for him to maintain, and might cause us an unwanted headache in having to rotate the squad rather than go down the continuity route. I just worry that having spent the majority of his career in Serie A, itll be difficult to maintain the physicality needed in the championship, the high tempo cut and thrust, possible heavy winter pitches at some grounds. Not an easy gig.

But hes a model professional and im sure he would still feel like he had a year in him. I do suspect the lure of going home to Argentina may come calling perhaps, but its wait and see.

My U8s were the player mascots vs Palace (Josh had Mahrez who by all accounts was lovely with him, even took his glove off to hold Josh's hand) and Josh said that Cambiasso was geeing all the lads on in the tunnel. 

He never seems to take more than 1 touch and keeps the ball moving at pace. Most of his one touch passes show unbelievable awareness and class and rarely loses possession. He is 100% focussed for the full 90, he cares about doing well for what is the lowest profile club he has ever played for and I will still never forget the way he celebrated that goal early in the season, with all the players as if it were the most important goal he ever scored. 

Many in his position would look down on his teammates but he is a completely grounded, fantastic role model not only to kids but to some of these younger overpaid jumped up tw@ts early in their careers today.

What a great signing he has been!

That catches it really well

Give hm the captaincy, good organiser I know that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be a good leader but can't be much worse than Calamity Morgan, especially when we need to drop Morgan, Esteban is the only person who stands out and you'd give the captaincy to.

Col, wanna weigh in?

Said everything I wanted to say on the matter.

Great bloke, model pro.

If anyone thinks our midfield (including Cambiasso) has been anything more than pants this season, you aren't watching the games, reading the stats or looking at the league table. Didn't Lee's midfield thread throw ANY light on this? Or are we just all going to keep on saying, he's great, we're great, no problem? Probably.

Said everything I wanted to say on the matter.

Great bloke, model pro.

If anyone thinks our midfield (including Cambiasso) has been anything more than pants this season, you aren't watching the games, reading the stats or looking at the league table. Didn't Lee's midfield thread throw ANY light on this? Or are we just all going to keep on saying, he's great, we're great, no problem? Probably.

He is great though the problem with him is the same as when we had Mancini he is too good, he see's things before any of our players do so they don't see his passes coming etc, he is pure class look at arsenal, the 1 player I think reads him is Kramaric

My feeling is that Cambiasso has an awareness and ability that our squad in general cannot match, this has meant that his ability to perform has actually been hindered at times by the way we play. He is a playmaker who uses pinpoint classy passes to open up teams, but as we have had 30% possession in many matches, we just havent been able to utilise him.

I would also add that even when we do, our own players cannot read ahead like Camby and it means his passess which are world class look amateur because our players havent ran onto them etc. I can think of a few times Schlupp or Vardy have been static and reacted after Camby has put a worldy in front on them when if they had read the pass earlier we would have been in goal scoring positions.

Mahrez and from the Arsenal game I would add Kramaric look to be building the skill and awareness that Camby needs to make his passing more effective and the Arsenal game for me shows the potential is there. I also think the formation against Arsenal provided the additional protection at the back to allow us more possession and time on the ball which again makes Camby more effective.

My opinion: Class player that has not always looked class this season but that is down to the team and tactics rather than the player himself.

Archived