Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Freemans Wharfer and Col City Fan, I have to disagree with you.

Yes football is all about different opinions but I really feel you have failed to recognise the class that Cambiasso clearly STILL has.

I am not judging my views on his performance last night (which appears to be what you are accusing some posters of).

I feel that I have seen enough, even in games where the overall team performance has been poor, to show that he is often a few steps ahead of others in the team.

Now you may argue that we don't get the best out of him because he is too good compared to others. I remember at school I played in the same team as Mick Duffy (went on to sign for City at the same time as Linekar). Duffy was so much better than the rest of us in the team, he got frustrated with us and yes at times we probably brought his game down.

As someone who has ran kids teams for the last 30 years where I try to get the Kidston be 'intelligent' footballers, I would certainly point to Cambiasso as s good example.

I am definitely pleased to be able to say I have seen a player of his class in a City shirt.

And fair enough buddy. It's all opinions.

:thumbup:

If you watch Cambiasso before every match he goes to every single player, highfives/hugs them, and then stops with them for 30 odd seconds exlaining what they need to do in the game. Against Palace when Jeff performed that abysmal cross field ball he spent a good 30 seconds during the match calling over to Jeff to gee him up and urge him on. How many other City players in recent years have done that?

I'll admit I am a big Cambiasso fan, last night he was a joy to watch, the link up between he, Mahrez and Kramaric was excellent. His touch is still excellent and all too often his vision is too far ahead of others. A rare touch of class.

My U8s were the player mascots vs Palace (Josh had Mahrez who by all accounts was lovely with him, even took his glove off to hold Josh's hand) and Josh said that Cambiasso was geeing all the lads on in the tunnel. 

He never seems to take more than 1 touch and keeps the ball moving at pace. Most of his one touch passes show unbelievable awareness and class and rarely loses possession. He is 100% focussed for the full 90, he cares about doing well for what is the lowest profile club he has ever played for and I will still never forget the way he celebrated that goal early in the season, with all the players as if it were the most important goal he ever scored. 

Many in his position would look down on his teammates but he is a completely grounded, fantastic role model not only to kids but to some of these younger overpaid jumped up tw@ts early in their careers today.

What a great signing he has been!

After the fact it's Leicester, Esteban's reputation is the reason I want us to stay up this year. The passion and commitment for us is unbelievable considering who he is.

I'll be gutted if we go down (obviously) but I don't want us to tarnish Esteban's reputation because it's great that he joined us which was surprising but then we're gonna end up taking him down :(

Still don't understand all this 'can't play in a 2' nonsense I read on here all the time.

It isn't nonsense though. We do get a bit overrun in there when he does because understandably he doesn't have the legs at times. He's at his best when he plays with James because James is our strongest midfielder and does a lot of the hard work so that Cambiasso can get on the ball.

Cambiasso is fantastic though. Been our best player last two games probably.

See CityfanLee's thread....

You really have got a chip on your shoulder about Cambiasso. In fact you want him to be poor so you can be right.

Strange way to be really, I want all players to do well at city doesn't matter if I thought they would be good or not.

It isn't nonsense though. We do get a bit overrun in there when he does because understandably he doesn't have the legs at times. He's at his best when he plays with James because James is our strongest midfielder and does a lot of the hard work so that Cambiasso can get on the ball.

Cambiasso is fantastic though. Been our best player last two games probably.

So in other words he can play in a two when he's not essentially playing as a two by himself to carry another midfielder. Well that doesn't sound like every CM ever...

You really have got a chip on your shoulder about Cambiasso. In fact you want him to be poor so you can be right.

Strange way to be really, I want all players to do well at city doesn't matter if I thought they would be good or not.

Absolutely not, following the Arsenal game, I gave him due praise. He was excellent. It's the extremes of praise which is questionable.

I ain't going round in this circle again though.

So in other words he can play in a two when he's not essentially playing as a two by himself to carry another midfielder. Well that doesn't sound like every CM ever...

No that isn't what I said is it. I think he struggles slightly in a two, particularly later on in a game. However, Pearson doesn't seem to share my preference for a 3 Man central midfield, so my point was if you play him in a 2 the best partner for him is James because of the way James plays.

Cambiasso and James are probably my two favourite players this season, along with Mahrez

Can you think of a more decorated player to play for us? He's certainly is the best passer I've ever seen for Leicester and he oozes intelligence

Mancini won a fair bit domestically too although I don't think he ever won a European Cup compared to Cambiasso.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, by the way.

The greatest outfield player to play for our club.

:nigel:

If he had half the form his record suggest we'd be laughing

Based on his performances for us, he's not fit to lace Izzett, Lennon or even Savage's boots as it stands... and that's without trawling through the history books at actual 'greats'

On the flipside, tactics haven't always helped him though

Archived