Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

A lad I go to uni with, used to play football with Schlupp. He spoke to him over Christmas and Schlupp said that Cambiasso is the best player at the club by a mile technically, he's just lost his pace and reaction time obviously with age.

A lad I go to uni with, used to play football with Schlupp. He spoke to him over Christmas and Schlupp said that Cambiasso is the best player at the club by a mile technically, he's just lost his pace and reaction time obviously with age.

The final part is a CRUCIAL factor at this level. There is no 'just' here.....that was exactly my concern when we signed him.

Having all the ability in the world is no good if you don't have the physical attributes to be able to use them.

People have ignored this all season. For me, it's key.

I blame Pearson. Playing Cambiasso in a central midfield two has been criminal.

Just see Fleckney Mike's thread to see exactly how bad we have been. And that's a side where Cambiasso has played in the bulk of games.

Note: the rest of the squad have been no better..but, unlike the rest of the squad, they have not been built up to be something out of all proportion.

The final part is a CRUCIAL factor at this level. There is no 'just' here.....that was exactly my concern when we signed him.

Having all the ability in the world is no good if you don't have the physical attributes to be able to use them.

People have ignored this all season. For me, it's key.

I blame Pearson. Playing Cambiasso in a central midfield two has been criminal.

Just see Fleckney Mike's thread to see exactly how bad we have been. And that's a side where Cambiasso has played in the bulk of games.

Note: the rest of the squad have been no better..but, unlike the rest of the squad, they have not been built up to be something out of all proportion.

I agree with you in some sense, but what I would like to say is most games I've seen Cambiasso play he's always put 100% in, I don't know if I can say the same for others. 

Regarding Pearson, he obviously knows Cambiasso has the technical ability but you can't play him in a two, if youre going to play him, it has to be in a midfield 3 with protection?

I'd prefer to see Cambiasso in a midfield three, when his job is predominantly trying to win the ball back/defend he really isn't that much use to us as it's a job for a fitter and stronger player. The problem is, in a midfield 2 this is the job he is asked to do.

When he has a little bit of time and isn't having to get up and down he can be a real asset with his calming presence and ability on the ball.

He probably regrets signing for us to be honest. 

Tarnishing his career with a relegation. 

I'm sure he knew it was on the cards, personally I think it's testament to him as he could have pimped himself out to the MLS or Qatar. But he said he's always wanted to play in this league.

Cambiasso = class, am I missing something here? Yes, he may well have a great wealth of experience and played at the top level abroad but from what I've seen he is no better than we already had. In many games he has been made to look very ordinary.

I think this acquisition was based on historical performances of years ago in the vain hope he could repeat them.

Cambiasso is the most creative midfielder we have, and the most comfortable on the ball. Pace may be gone, but there's no way his reaction time is slower than any other of our players.

He would be much better in a midfield 3, but he isn't the problem. 10 other players of his quality, and we'd be laughing up in mid-table.

Cambiasso is the most creative midfielder we have, and the most comfortable on the ball. Pace may be gone, but there's no way his reaction time is slower than any other of our players.

He would be much better in a midfield 3, but he isn't the problem. 10 other players of his quality, and we'd be laughing up in mid-table.

Some of his passing has gone as well!!

Imagine playing with the players he's used to playing with and then pksyong for us. It must be insane for him. Fair enough inter aren't a super power anymore but his average standard of team mate over the last 20 years has been significantly different to his current team mates. I'm not making excuses for him, but it would play a huge role.

His vision, positioning and energy are ridiculous. Add to that his quality in execution and we have had one of the best players to play for us for me. He has not underperformed and has created numerous chances for our forward line, and is our only midfielder to score with two goals this season. I think we should try to retain him for another season if possible.

Cambiasso is a quality player with an expert footballing brain, but at times he is made to look bad by players of a poorer standard.

you mean when a player isn't 10 foot tall or has the speed of Usain Bolt in order to get the 9 out of every 10 poor passes he makes?

you mean when a player isn't 10 foot tall or has the speed of Usain Bolt in order to get the 9 out of every 10 poor passes he makes?

No, when he splits the defence and the receiver is still stood on his heels not anticipating the pass.

It's quite telling that his and our best performances have come when he's been given the chance to just focus on attack with an intelligent striker like Nugent or Kramaric in front of him, rather than a blind-runner like Vardy.

Can't believe people could suggest Cambiasso hasn't been any better than the rest of the midfield. Hilarious

I'd love to know what people are watching when they see him play, he's been dire and his only saving grace is others have been as bad or somehow even worse

His long balls are just hitting channels, Wimbledon style and his short balls

I'd love to know what people are watching when they see him play, he's been dire and his only saving grace is others have been as bad or somehow even worse

Against Villa I'd agree and a few other times. But often he's the only one of our CM's who is capable of spotting an early ball.

His long balls are just hitting channels, Wimbledon style and his short balls

He's the only midfielder we have that will play first time balls, first time balls that more often than not are very accurate. We play on the counter a lot of the time and those first time balls, along with his vision, work very well together.

We are a worse team without him because all our other midfielders only pass backwards and sideways.

He's the only midfielder we have that will play first time balls, first time balls that more often than not are very accurate. We play on the counter a lot of the time and those first time balls, along with his vision, work very well together.

We are a worse team without him because all our other midfielders only pass backwards and sideways.

I'm sorry..what 'works well together'?

We are bottom of the table and 5 points off safety.

My feeling is that, despite one or two very nice performances (granted..showing glimpses of quality), we are generally a worse side with Cambiasso in it, because what he DOESN'T do well, outweighs what he does.

The times we have been over - run in a 4-4-2 outweighs the lovely little flicks that he makes.

But again, I blame Pearson not Cambiasso for this. Having a 34 yr old player in a central midfield 2 has proven daft.

Pearson really has made some tactical blunders this season.

IMO.

Archived