Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

The amount of shit we've had in central midfield over the past 10 years and people still have the gall to call out Cambiasso as shit. 

Yeah **** it lads, he's got nothing on the likes of Matt Oakley, Stephen Clemence, Gareth Williams, James Wesolowski or Richie Wellens :thumbup: and don't even get me started on the likes of Neil Danns, Franck Moussa, Moreno or Michael Johnson FFS.

The amount of shit we've had in central midfield over the past 10 years and people still have the gall to call out Cambiasso as shit. 

Yeah **** it lads, he's got nothing on the likes of Matt Oakley, Stephen Clemence, Gareth Williams, James Wesolowski or Richie Wellens :thumbup: and don't even get me started on the likes of Neil Danns, Franck Moussa, Moreno or Michael Johnson FFS.

Not even started there....Andy Johnson, Jason Jarrett....

Yeah **** it lads, he's got nothing on the likes of Matt Oakley, Stephen Clemence, Gareth Williams, James Wesolowski or Richie Wellens :thumbup: and don't even get me started on the likes of Neil Danns, Franck Moussa, Moreno or Michael Johnson FFS.

So what?

No-one's really calling him shit anyway are they.

What some have said is far from Cambiasso being 'sheer class', we've not seen it consistently enough.

We are now a Premiership side. Simply because all those aforementioned names aren't good enough, doesn't excuse by any way that our current crop aren't particularly good either.

That's a rubbish argument mate..unlike you.

Just because Jamie Vardy is better than Elvis Hammond, it still doesn't make him 'good enough' does it.

So what?

What some have said is far from Cambiasso being 'sheer class', we've not seen it consistently enough.

We are now a Premiership side. Simply because all those aforementioned names aren't good enough, doesn't excuse by any way that our current crop aren't particularly good either.

Just because Jamie Vardy is better than Elvis Hammond, it still doesn't make him 'good enough' does it.

I totally agree with you there, the amount of awful reasoning people give for defending a player or Pearson does the other people arguing the same no favours.

Cambi has positives and negatives, they've all been covered a million times before. I do like how a lot of people on either side of the fence seem to completely disregard the positives/negatives he contributes to the team though ha.

Think he could be pretty boss is a 5 3 2 in something like

Hamer

Huth ---- Was ---- Upson

De Laet ------------------------------Schlupp

James Hammond/Drinkwater

Cambiasso

Mahrez

Kramaric

I'd love to know what people are watching when they see him play, he's been dire and his only saving grace is others have been as bad or somehow even worse

His long balls are just hitting channels, Wimbledon style and his short balls

Baffled by this. Two games that stand out for me- Stoke away Palace at home he was absolutely fantastic. A class above.

Please don't lump me in with the fans who just see the name on the shirt- I actually called the phone in to complain when we signed him and the debate amongst the panel was 'which midfielder will be dropped for him, James or Drinkwater' . I thought this was terribly presumptuous and an insult to two lads who'd done great for us last season.

Cambiasso hasn't been amazing, but he's certainly not been ''dire' either. I'd save that term for the likes of Vardy, Nugent, Konchesky this season

So what?

I often cringe and close the thread these days when I see you have posted about Cambiasso. We are all well aware of what you think and at some points in the past there was some debate with you but that has gone. You are like a dog with a stick; leave it be mate. Your posts in here must be three to four to every one from everyone else and you must post on Cambiasso three to four times more than on any other player. Every time there is support for Cambiasso you jump on it and every time that there is support for your position you use it to beat us all with that stick that you are carrying around. I wouldn't mind if you were bringing something new to the debate but it is all a little reactionary.

I saw the stuff that Lee put up about the midfield and knew that within minutes you would be using it against the man - when the stats can be interpreted in many ways that were not explored. I also note that you didn't go back into other threads about other midfielders and use the evidence there. I have seen this so often in my line of work; someone sets out a position that might be at odds with others and then looks for any piece of evidence or support to reinforce that position no matter what. It now no longer matters what Cambiasso does or what anyone else thinks. No more debate and no more objectivity. For you this is not about Cambiasso but it is about you. It is a shame because you can be quite articulate and show real insight but it has gotten away from you this time.

Sorry a little grumpy for a Friday afternoon but I would like to look at threads on the forum again without going 'for f**cks sake, Col is trying to shout louder than everyone else again.' When that happens people might engage again. 

#reclaimourmessageboard

I often cringe and close the thread these days when I see you have posted about Cambiasso. We are all well aware of what you think and at some points in the past there was some debate with you but that has gone. You are like a dog with a stick; leave it be mate. Your posts in here must be three to four to every one from everyone else and you must post on Cambiasso three to four times more than on any other player. Every time there is support for Cambiasso you jump on it and every time that there is support for your position you use it to beat us all with that stick that you are carrying around. I wouldn't mind if you were bringing something new to the debate but it is all a little reactionary.

I saw the stuff that Lee put up about the midfield and knew that within minutes you would be using it against the man - when the stats can be interpreted in many ways that were not explored. I also note that you didn't go back into other threads about other midfielders and use the evidence there. I have seen this so often in my line of work; someone sets out a position that might be at odds with others and then looks for any piece of evidence or support to reinforce that position no matter what. It now no longer matters what Cambiasso does or what anyone else thinks. No more debate and no more objectivity. For you this is not about Cambiasso but it is about you. It is a shame because you can be quite articulate and show real insight but it has gotten away from you this time.

Sorry a little grumpy for a Friday afternoon but I would like to look at threads on the forum again without going 'for f**cks sake, Col is trying to shout louder than everyone else again.' When that happens people might engage again.

#reclaimourmessageboard

I make absolutely NO apologies for being one of the only posters who argue that Cambiasso has been nowhere near as good as the majority make out. Amidst a sea of praise and adoration, my opinion is that my voice on this, with a few others, has been the voice of reality.

Just because you tell me no, doesn't make me agree.

I've said all along, when the bizarre 'class' posts cease, so will I.

This has been among an awful lot of threads and posts this season that have done completely the opposite about certain players. Almost EVERY player, in fact, has had threads expressing their general 'crapness'. I've tried to defend each player, each time..Most notably Jeff Schlupp.

But Cambiasso has had none of this. He's continually been praised. And, for me, he's frankly been no better than most of the others.

So turn that on its head and understand the 'why', rather than focusing upon the 'what'.

And if you actually look, you'll find most of my posts on Cambiasso actually quite objective. I've found positives quite a few times. I suggest you look harder, don't categorise me in with your 'colleagues' and possibly look at yourself.

:thumbup:

Confirmation bias is the term you're looking for. 

And anyone who thinks that Schlupp is a better player than Cambiasso needs to be locked up in an asylum.

Confirmation bias is the term you're looking for.

And anyone who thinks that Schlupp is a better player than Cambiasso needs to be locked up in an asylum.

Which of course is NOT the point I was making.

Asylums closed in the early 1990's and the term had not been used for about 30 years before that.

Try harder to contribute.

You are correct about 'confirmation bias' however. Look no further than this very forum for trying to confirm a million times that Cambiasso is 'class'.

Unfortunately, he WAS..he isn't now..and we lie bottom with some of the fewest goals scored and the most conceded.

As well as showing a lot of class on the pitch with the ball, Cambiasso can be seen to constantly talk and encourage his team mates, he is captain in all but armband when he plays. I think it's great that the most decorated Argentinian footballer ever is playing for us. He can only work with what is around him and let's be fair, playing in the City team, he is not surrounded by world class players. This season, only James has stepped up with him as an effective creator in midfield and other than occasional effective enforcing from Hammond, our central midfield is a place where we are usually outnumbered so it is hard. There's not much football at the back and only Nugent (and now Kramaric) have shown any real ability in linking up and offering effective give and go with our midfield as strikers. Ulloa is really just a poacher and Vardy is out of sorts. Mahrez and Schlupp always try on the wings and both stand out at times but usually when running with the ball as individuals rather than as part of a midfield 'unit'. So it's hard for Cambiasso in the middle but I think he's shown class on the pitch and in the way he's handled himself,

To be honest when Cambiasso is playing it appears we get overun less. Drinky and King are just hopeless and clueless at this level. Hammond puts himself about and James has a go. Shame neither one has a first touch and can't shoot straight. Only Cambiasso can pass out of the midfield I am afraid and has vision. Sadly the rest are championship quality at best. I am really getting cheesed off with all these Man Utd rejects to tell the truth. Can't make it at United and we think they are going to make them Premiership players.

I make absolutely NO apologies for being one of the only posters who argue that Cambiasso has been nowhere near as good as the majority make out. Amidst a sea of praise and adoration, my opinion is that my voice on this, with a few others, has been the voice of reality.

That's the issue Col, you aren't the voice of reality, you offer a different opinion. Holding yourself up as a spokesman for the supposed realists is just antagonising people.

Some think he's great, some think he's not. No one has a special opinion that carries more weight, fans are obviously seeing different things. 

That's the issue Col, you aren't the voice of reality, you offer a different opinion. Holding yourself up as a spokesman for the supposed realists is just antagonising people.

Some think he's great, some think he's not. No one has a special opinion that carries more weight, fans are obviously seeing different things. 

Whilst most fans agree on the fact that Cambiasso still has class - on and off the pitch. :)

I totally agree with you there, the amount of awful reasoning people give for defending a player or Pearson does the other people arguing the same no favours.

Cambi has positives and negatives, they've all been covered a million times before. I do like how a lot of people on either side of the fence seem to completely disregard the positives/negatives he contributes to the team though ha.

Think he could be pretty boss is a 5 3 2 in something like

Hamer

Huth ---- Was ---- Upson

De Laet ------------------------------Schlupp

James Hammond/Drinkwater

Cambiasso

Mahrez

Kramaric

The team you've put there is, in my opinion, the exact reason we don't play it. I'm not knocking you when I say that by the way; I honestly think 3-5-2 was possibly the way to go this year, and it seemed at the very start of the season that Pearson did too. But the problem is we would have to leave out arguably our best player in Mahrez. That wouldn't bother me in the slightest, play the best team to help us win matches, but Pearson has on many occasions this season seemed desperate to shoe-horn players into the side regardless.

Obviously before the game has happened you already know that it'll be Cambis fault if we don't, and be in spite of him if we do. I could almost write your post match post out for you now in relation to all 3 possible outcomes.

No doubt if we win and he has a great game, he'll be the best player ever to don a City shirt.

Again..

Archived