Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Said everything I wanted to say on the matter.

Great bloke, model pro.

If anyone thinks our midfield (including Cambiasso) has been anything more than pants this season, you aren't watching the games, reading the stats or looking at the league table. Didn't Lee's midfield thread throw ANY light on this? Or are we just all going to keep on saying, he's great, we're great, no problem? Probably.

Not just the midfield. Consistency of selection has been a big issue.

Great bloke, model pro.

If anyone thinks our midfield (including Cambiasso) has been anything more than pants this season, you aren't watching the games, reading the stats or looking at the league table. Didn't Lee's midfield thread throw ANY light on this? Or are we just all going to keep on saying, he's great, we're great, no problem? Probably.

Hmmmmm.....

He played well FFS. Both him and Matty James were two of our best players alongside Kramaric and Upson.

Enough fence sitting.

Today I thought Cambiasso was absolute garbage. The only players to come out today with any credit were James, who was good first half, awful second..Was a (why take HIM off) and Kram for his excellent header.

Cambiasso was pinging balls about to NOBODY! Second half, they ran through our middle like a knife through butter.

Enough excuses...This midfield is POOR at this level and has been just about all season.

Garbage today.

Schwarzer & Cambiasso. What an absolute embarrassment...

Dreading Cambiasso taking /his/ option of a second year and him being given the run around by MK Dons etc while pinging balls to no one gifting woeful teams possession so a clown of a keeper can carry on gifting wins in every single game

Schwarzer & Cambiasso. What an absolute embarrassment...

Dreading Cambiasso taking /his/ option of a second year and him being given the run around by MK Dons etc while pinging balls to no one gifting woeful teams possession so a clown of a keeper can carry on gifting wins in every single game

Only thing missing was GTF coming on, although Cambiasso is that bad - He'd make GTF look like Messi

he was poor today. no poorer than most the other 11 though. think his brain was working but his feet weren't lol.

I agree. His brain is miles ahead of the other players too and that's a problem at times. 

Most of the players were poor today.

People slating Cambiasso after today really don't know much about the game and haven't watched us this season.

The guy has 23 major honors for a reason. As stated in other posts Model Pro and the shame for us is he's two steps ahead of every other player in our squad.

To be fair this is his 3rd game in a week, he 34 years old!!

Tiredness is temporary, class is permanent.

Good point about three games in a week. the manager really isn't being fair on the old boy by continuing to play him in a midfield two.

I would be astonished if, given his career, he thought the lineup and tactics were a good idea.

He does some good things but tries the Hollywood ball too often without it working.  I don't know if we lack someone who can split a defence with a cutting pass or a player who can make the types of runs that allows the defence splitting ball to be played!

We also never load the box with players from promising positions.  Times we get round the back or down the flanks and deliver a half decent ball, only for one person to be in the frickin box.

Great bloke, model pro.

Just put all things to one side for a second. Answer me one question honestly. 

Please tell me why it's ok for you to lavish players you like with plaudits, and to saddle players you don't like with the general under performance of the team.

Example being Schlup for instance can do no wrong, when ever Cambiasso is bought up "well we are bottom so he must be shit" .........genuine question. Despite the fact that the latter has turned up for us plenty more times than the former.

People slating Cambiasso after today really don't know much about the game and haven't watched us this season.

The guy has 23 major honors for a reason. As stated in other posts Model Pro and the shame for us is he's two steps ahead of every other player in our squad.

I agree, as I said before, football is very much about opinions.

In my humble opinion I see this bloke as pure class.

Feeling quite depressed, after today. Our manager has not got a clue how to use what talent he has in the squad.

I also need a break from this forum, as some people's opinions I find very hard to swallow.

Col City?? What football planet are you on. In my 'opinion' you clearly know very little about football.

I will always have that blind hope while it is mathematically possible to stay up, but realistically I find it hard to see us staying up.

Please prove me wrong City, please.

Archived