Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Just a point to all those who look to have a go at cambiasso.

The lad made a living out of playing as a very defensive minded midfielder for Inter.

The fact that he is now 34...and has been asked to be a playmaker rather than an anchor man....tells us all we need to know about the quality of esteban and the quality of our midfield.

His awareness is just unbelievable. At one point he let the ball run through his legs in his own area with a flock of Everton players around him..... I'd have not have dared to try that on FIFA!  He just turned and trotted off not even bothering seeing the outcome! He has a better understanding of what is around him than I do seeing the whole pitch on TV. He's a freak of nature!

Best player I've ever seen in a Leicester shirt.

lol

Nice one...

I see it's hyperbole season once more.

How I saw Esteban's performance today was like this...

First half, not bad. Broke up some play, kept us ticking over. But made too many long passes which didn't work and thus conceded possession too often. Plenty of people said this in the match thread.

Second half, same thing for about fifteen minutes...they scored. We looked out of it, made the changes (Pearson got his subs spot on today) and equalised. Then Cambi had about a twenty minute spell where he ran the game. He broke up play, linked up well and of course, scored.

Then he was exhausted and had to go off. And again we conceded.

That's how I saw it. About twenty minutes (ish) of a good, solid performance. I said so (note) in the match thread.

If this is enough for people, then ok. Fine.

But that's how is saw his performance. Twenty minutes of very good stuff. The rest.... Ok

Col you can say what you want it won't change a thing. Cambiasso makes our side tick and he's comfortably the best Leicester player I've seen in the last 20 years. He's so composed on the ball, he never rushes when on the ball and 9/10 he makes the right decision, yes he plays forward balls that are risky but he's the only one in the side with the vision and ability to try them. If Everton had Cambiasso in their side today they would have smashed us comfortably, they had nobody in their midfield with the ability to pick out players with meaningful forward passes that put the opposition under pressure. If they had that they would have broke us down much easier.

Cambiasso is ageing yes and doesn't have the legs to give you a hustle and bustle over 90 minutes but his class is apparent for all to see. He reads he game expertly and sees things before they happen, that's how he manages to be so influential with his obvious loss in pace. You ask any non Leicester fan who is Leicester's best player and the majority will say Cambiasso. He doesn't get the respect he deserves from some on here. We'd be dead and buried without him.

lol

Nice one...

I see it's hyperbole season once more.

How I saw Esteban's performance today was like this...

First half, not bad. Broke up some play, kept us ticking over. But made too many long passes which didn't work and thus conceded possession too often. Plenty of people said this in the match thread.

Second half, same thing for about fifteen minutes...they scored. We looked out of it, made the changes (Pearson got his subs spot on today) and equalised. Then Cambi had about a twenty minute spell where he ran the game. He broke up play, linked up well and of course, scored.

Then he was exhausted and had to go off. And again we conceded.

That's how I saw it. About twenty minutes (ish) of a good, solid performance. I said so (note) in the match thread.

If this is enough for people, then ok. Fine.

But that's how is saw his performance. Twenty minutes of very good stuff. The rest.... Ok

I appreciate that it isn't consistant brilliance, at 34 it's always going to be sporadic, he still shows that he has the brain, most of the stray balls are a result of the players around him not being on the same wave length half the time, but he oozes quality at times, it's just nice to see a player of his pedigree playing for us.

just for a bit of balance and col saying he was only good for 20 minutes, at half time my mate (everton fan) sent me this;

"Cambiasso is a beast. A level above everyone else on the pitch."

and he even improved in the second half.

Col you can say what you want it won't change a thing. Cambiasso makes our side tick and he's comfortably the best Leicester player I've seen in the last 20 years. He's so composed on the ball, he never rushes when on the ball and 9/10 he makes the right decision, yes he plays forward balls that are risky but he's the only one in the side with the vision and ability to try them. If Everton had Cambiasso in their side today they would have smashed us comfortably, they had nobody in their midfield with the ability to pick out players with meaningful forward passes that put the opposition under pressure. If they had that they would have broke us down much easier.

Cambiasso is ageing yes and doesn't have the legs to give you a hustle and bustle over 90 minutes but his class is apparent for all to see. He reads he game expertly and sees things before they happen, that's how he manages to be so influential with his obvious loss in pace. You ask any non Leicester fan who is Leicester's best player and the majority will say Cambiasso. He doesn't get the respect he deserves from some on here. We'd be dead and buried without him.

He gets an awful lot of respect on here. In a season where nearly every player has had their episodes of being slated, there has not been a single thread on Cambiasso expressing really anything other than 'he's class'.

And I've praised him also, for his professionalism and some of his touches and vision.

But I've never seen the player like the majority do. My verdict on how he played today (see above), I stIck with. Why? Not because I'm bashing him..I've praised the fella. But because I think it's an accurate one.

This season, even if he has been our 'best player' (open to assessment), it's not saying much. We still sit bottom. I'm pretty sure one of my mates last night said that, in 17 games where we have started Cambiasso, we've won just two of them. Apologies if I misheard this..I was proper drunk.

So yes, I agree he's played a part. Just not as big a part as the majority suggest. Again, I think my verdict on his perormance today was a pretty unbiased and accurate one. About a twenty minute spell where he was our best player.

just for a bit of balance and col saying he was only good for 20 minutes, at half time my mate (everton fan) sent me this;

"Cambiasso is a beast. A level above everyone else on the pitch."

and he even improved in the second half.

This. You don't play essentially your entire career for Real Madrid and Inter unless you are a special footballer. Cambiasso was and STILL IS a special footballer.

He gets an awful lot of respect on here. In a season where nearly every player has had their episodes of being slated, there has not been a single thread on Cambiasso expressing really anything other than 'he's class'.

And I've praised him also, for his professionalism and some of his touches and vision.

But I've never seen the player like the majority do. My verdict on how he played today (see above), I stIck with. Why? Not because I'm bashing him..I've praised the fella. But because I think it's an accurate one.

This season, even if he has been our 'best player' (open to assessment), it's not saying much. We still sit bottom. I'm pretty sure one of my mates last night said that, in 17 games where we have started Cambiasso, we've won just two of them. Apologies if I misheard this..I was proper drunk.

So yes, I agree he's played a part. Just not as big a part as the majority suggest. Again, I think my verdict on his perormance today was a pretty unbiased and accurate one. About a twenty minute spell where he was our best player.

That's a terrible statistic. What bit about a team game do you not understand? Do you expect him to smash 5 goals in from the half-way line every game?

And haven't we only won 4 league games anyway, one of them in which Cambiasso came on as a sub and was instrumental in our win against Stoke at the start of the season. But that game wouldn't count in your statistics.....

Cambiasso isn't the reason we're under performing. It's the rest of the squad who lack quality.

Literally before the game I could of typed out those exact phrases. All of which miss the point, except the drunk bit, I think you must be drunk every time you watch him play.

Literally before the game I could of typed out those exact phrases. All of which miss the point, except the drunk bit, I think you must be drunk every time you watch him play.

No need to be rude mate. I'm expressing a view that nots widely shared. Fair enough. That doesn't mean I don't think it.

You won't change my mind on that, and vice versa.

Archived