Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

He gets an awful lot of respect on here. In a season where nearly every player has had their episodes of being slated, there has not been a single thread on Cambiasso expressing really anything other than 'he's class'.

And I've praised him also, for his professionalism and some of his touches and vision.

But I've never seen the player like the majority do. My verdict on how he played today (see above), I stIck with. Why? Not because I'm bashing him..I've praised the fella. But because I think it's an accurate one.

This season, even if he has been our 'best player' (open to assessment), it's not saying much. We still sit bottom. I'm pretty sure one of my mates last night said that, in 17 games where we have started Cambiasso, we've won just two of them. Apologies if I misheard this..I was proper drunk.

So yes, I agree he's played a part. Just not as big a part as the majority suggest. Again, I think my verdict on his perormance today was a pretty unbiased and accurate one. About a twenty minute spell where he was our best player.

One player doesn't make a team. We could have Messi, but if there was no other quality players around him, he wouldn't score anywhere near as many goals. Cambiasso has shown a lot of quality, and as a forward thinking player he will lose the ball more than players making safer sidewards balls with no intent. Everytime he has the ball he tries to get us moving forward. I couldn't see what the fuss was about when we signed him, but now I can see why he has played at the top level for so many years. Top player

lol

Nice one...

I see it's hyperbole season once more.

How I saw Esteban's performance today was like this...

First half, not bad. Broke up some play, kept us ticking over. But made too many long passes which didn't work and thus conceded possession too often. Plenty of people said this in the match thread.

Second half, same thing for about fifteen minutes...they scored. We looked out of it, made the changes (Pearson got his subs spot on today) and equalised. Then Cambi had about a twenty minute spell where he ran the game. He broke up play, linked up well and of course, scored.

Then he was exhausted and had to go off. And again we conceded.

That's how I saw it. About twenty minutes (ish) of a good, solid performance. I said so (note) in the match thread.

If this is enough for people, then ok. Fine.

But that's how is saw his performance. Twenty minutes of very good stuff. The rest.... Ok

Twenty minutes of very good stuff is great for any player at this level.

Cannot think of many players who have had 'twenty minutes of very good stuff' against us this season.......Only Zaha and simpson was shit.

I'm not meaning to be rude, apologies if you were offended by that post. I just can't understand what you see, and am pretty certain you see what you want to and jump on any little thing you perceive he does wrong and belittle his over all contribution constantly. Doesn't make sense to me.

I genuinely don't do that. Quite literally, I've said all season that Cambiasso plays some good games, and he plays some stinkers. Like most of the players really. Today, it was actually the introduction of mainly Nugent that did the trick. A good sub by Pearson, at exactly the right time. And let's have it right..how Nugent has been mullered on here! Today, I thought his energy changed the game.

What I've not done is praised Cambiasso to the skies like so many have done. Why, because I simply don't see in him what others do, and certainly not consistently. This isn't bashing the player. People will want to make out that's what I'm doing because, of course, it helps them to make an argument. In fact, in 'bashing' terms, look to many more posters than I that genuinely do do this. There's been an awful lot of such and such has been 'shit' or 'a joke' or shouldn't ever play for us again. I can't recollect I've ever said that once about Estbeban.

Over and out.

Col, you have prejudice and an agenda sadly.

How I know this is because you know full well how good he was today and has been in previous games but choose to measure his success now in 'time periods' - today's was 20 mins.

When I see you offering the same critique of other players in this time framework I may take what you have to say seriously but for now it's way too easy to not say somebody had 'a good game' without drawing inferences to his age, fitness and an overall 90 minute performance.

Apply the same example to the other players on the pitch and anybody can say the same thing: Schlupp has good moments but over 90 demonstrates he's not nearly at this level... James' shooting, Wes' defending, Upson's fitness, Nugent's.........blah blah blah.

You piece together an argument to suit giving credence to a player and then taking it away to suit your own agenda which you concreted yourself into before you'd even seen him play in a Leicester shirt.

Just say he was the best player on the pitch and admit you were wrong without the final end justification or at least apply the same framework of criticism to the whole side.

One thing you can't knock is his passion, this guy has rubbed shoulders with Zidane, Figo, Pirlo ect, he's lifted champions leagues, La liga titles and the Sirie A, yet he shows such passion for little Leicester, he's a model professional and even if he is a passenger every know and then, it's a bloody joy to have him at Leicester city.

Col's set his stall out early on and it's painfully embarrassing to read his comments. Unplug your keyboard pal, drivel.

nah I disgaree I quite enjoy his weird, wonderful and bottom line completely stupid ways of not managing to praise every man of the match performance he puts in

Cambiasso is fantastic!

However, he did frustrate me at times in the first half. We were struggling to keep the ball and he was trying to force the play a little bit with balls over the top, thus surrendering possession back to Everton and not helping us relieve pressure. We didn't have the support up top for that to be effective.

Nevertheless, second half he was phenomenal. He was a man possessed, so much so that he knackered himself out and asked to come off! He did everything I expect Cambiasso to do for this team. He recycled possession quickly and sensibly. He intercepted many key passes and continually broke up play. He lead the team as an experienced head. He scored a key goal. Throughout the whole game he tried too many direct balls but I won't castigate him too much for it because he was trying to be creative. His second half performance was a MOTM performance. I want to see more of that from him though. There have been glimpses but not as much as I'd hoped. Still think he's a class footballer though and we've found the best pairing in him and James - a massive fan of James' as well. Thought he was class today.

After everything he's achieved in the game, he's now playing for a yo yo club, struggling at the bottom of the table, and he still gives everything he's got - wonderful attitude, class player, a bright spot in a rather awful season.

Hammer meets nail, spot on.

He was world class yesterday in fairness. I'd found him inconsistent and off the pace for most of the season hope he proves me wrong and pushes us towards safety. 

He was a leader on the pitch in every sense at Everton.

He was world class yesterday in fairness. I'd found him inconsistent and off the pace for most of the season hope he proves me wrong and pushes us towards safety. 

He played very well but he wasn't world class. First half was average, second half was good. He worries me when he charges up to defend someone and they step past him and leave him in their wake.

His passing was better yesterday but still some terrible bloopers too.

His calmness to put the ball away was world class though.

..him and our Captain Morgan who is so good at motivating and marshaling our team!!!..... NOT!

One thing you can't knock is his passion, this guy has rubbed shoulders with Zidane, Figo, Pirlo ect, he's lifted champions leagues, La liga titles and the Sirie A, yet he shows such passion for little Leicester, he's a model professional and even if he is a passenger every know and then, it's a bloody joy to have him at Leicester city.

This. Sets an example on and off the pitch. He is probably the one true leader we have at the club. He ran the show yesterday. If Morgan's form gets much worse he should be made captain. It's hardly a decision that can be overly negative for us in our league position at this stage in the season.

I started this post as I just wanted to say that in all my years watching Leicester (I am now 54), I have rarely seen the class that Cambiasso has shown.

I do realise he hasn't played at his very best for all the games, that would be very difficult for any player in this current team.

I do not for one minute think he will single handedly save our team from relegation.

What I was trying to say is that at times you can clearly see that this player is still 'World Class' and I am glad I have got to see him play for City.

How many players for City can you say have been world class?

Banks and maybe Shilton, who else?

Lineker? When he played at his best maybe ( but that was after he left City).

There are some individuals on this forum who couldn't recognise class if it stared them in the face every game (mentioning no names).

He played very well but he wasn't world class. First half was average, second half was good. He worries me when he charges up to defend someone and they step past him and leave him in their wake.

His passing was better yesterday but still some terrible bloopers too.

His calmness to put the ball away was world class though.

I actually thought he was just as good in the first half as the second. Interpretation I guess.

Still not sold on him but the shift he put in yday gone a little way towards it.

Absolutely bossed the second half yesterday, best player on the pitch by a mile. A proper midfielder, breaking down their attacks and starting our own. Some stray passes in the first half, but his vision is still a mile ahead of anyone else at the club.

His passion and leadership on the pitch is second to none, if it was up to me then he would have the armband for the rest of the season (credit to Wes though, he did have a good game yesterday)

I'm not sure what you expect from a 34 year old Col, he's not going to be performing at the highest level he's capable of for 90 minutes every game, if he did then he certainly wouldn't be playing for us. 

B-ds2NRIMAA1bVQ.jpg

Said it at the time but Vardy must have felt pretty decent when Cambiasso scores and immediately points at him to say 'cheers for that boy'. Cambi must have done that to a few decent players in the past.... Zidane, Figo, Jamie Vardy.

yeah I thought that, even his celebration reeked of pure class. what a fella.

Absolutely bossed the second half yesterday, best player on the pitch by a mile. A proper midfielder, breaking down their attacks and starting our own. Some stray passes in the first half, but his vision is still a mile ahead of anyone else at the club.

His passion and leadership on the pitch is second to none, if it was up to me then he would have the armband for the rest of the season (credit to Wes though, he did have a good game yesterday)

I'm not sure what you expect from a 34 year old Col, he's not going to be performing at the highest level he's capable of for 90 minutes every game, if he did then he certainly wouldn't be playing for us. 

B-ds2NRIMAA1bVQ.jpg

I do love that picture.

Archived