Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chrishlcfc

Cheltenham Festival 2015

Well in my true festival form I do shite on Tuesday and Wednesday and recover it on Thursday and Friday.

I was well down before today but thanks to Vautour, Call The Cops and Ma Filleule (shame it didn't win but hey ho, had it E/W so got a return) I'm now in small profit, just need to make more tomorrow! lol

Also had Lieutenant Colonel, shame that didn't win, that would have been amazing but again hey ho, just happy to have clawed my losses back and added abit of profit aswell!

Also done a yes or no coupon;

AP McCoy to ride two or more winners - Yes.

Faugheen to win Champion Hurdle - Yes.

Irish to train 12 or more winners - Yes.

Biggest winning SP 40/1 or higher - No. (Dodgy one)

Silviniaco Conti to be placed in the Gold Cup - Yes.

Don Cossack to be placed in the Ryanair Chase - Yes.

40/1

This ain't looking too bad.

I need AP to win atleast another race tomorrow.

Another 4 Irish trained winners (I think? - that might be a tough one.)

No winner to be higher than 40/1.

And Silvinaco Conti to be placed in the gold cup (I don't fancy him to win but think he'll be placed)

I'm livid at Geraghty's ride on Whisper. He came there with a great chance on the turn and he never rode him. Almost no effort whatsoever until he was already beaten. Some serious questions need to be asked about that, it was dodgy at best.

Similarly I've never seen AP ride like he has for most of the week, backed him twice and his mounts dropped out very tamely without even being asked a question by him. Had Regal Encore who was going like a dream and he didn't even pull the whip out before dropping right out. Then he goes a wins the following race whilst my each way chance comes in 4th lol

I'm livid at Geraghty's ride on Whisper. He came there with a great chance on the turn and he never rode him. Almost no effort whatsoever until he was already beaten. Some serious questions need to be asked about that, it was dodgy at best.

I wasn't the only one who thought it was an utter shit ride from him then! He never bothered at all until like you said he was beaten, a little reminder to the horse could have got him alot closer in my opinion

For final day tomorrow:

Peace & Co/Black Hercules EW Double

EW Lucky 15

Hargam

The Game Changer

Djakadam

Paint The Clouds

From earlier in the week - lucky 15

Vautour (won)

Faugheen (won)

Sire De Grugy (lost)

Silviano Conti 

So I guess either way there'll be money coming back thanks to the final bet above. 

Just had a proper look at the Gold Cup line up, must be the most competitive renewal in a long time. Can make cases for atleast 5 or 6 to have rock solid chances.

Conti = Form horse this year, but will he get beaten by the hill again?

Many Clouds = Overachieved all season, will love the rain to come down.

Djakadam = Mullins & Walsh pretty bullish about its chances, again would love testing ground.

Holywell = Course hero, and improved vastly last time in his prep run.

Sam Winner = Will definitely stay and won 2 very solid looking races this year, will love more moisture in the ground too.

And that's not even getting to Coneygree, Bobs Worth, Carlingford Lough, Road to Ritches and last years winner Lord Windermere.

Just had a proper look at the Gold Cup line up, must be the most competitive renewal in a long time. Can make cases for atleast 5 or 6 to have rock solid chances.

Conti = Form horse this year, but will he get beaten by the hill again?

Many Clouds = Overachieved all season, will love the rain to come down.

Djakadam = Mullins & Walsh pretty bullish about its chances, again would love testing ground.

Holywell = Course hero, and improved vastly last time in his prep run.

Sam Winner = Will definitely stay and won 2 very solid looking races this year, will love more moisture in the ground too.

And that's not even getting to Coneygree, Bobs Worth, Carlingford Lough, Road to Ritches and last years winner Lord Windermere.

At the risk of sounding silly, is this a joke?

Beltor & Djakadam (at numerous prices from 11/1 down to 7/1) in an e/w double and as singles. hugely keen on the latter. 

won about fiddy quid tonight on the footy/darts so had a few more for fun. 

Beltor/Hargam RFC & Djakadam/Many Clouds RFC in respective races. And an e/w lucky 15 of Beltor, Cheltenian, No More Heroes & Djakadam, 20p e/w returns upwards of £2200 :D it's good to dream. 

can't decide whether to get involved in this AP horse in the last or not. Probably missed the boat somewhat, and it's bare form figures are a joke but everyone is piling into it due to McCoy. Can't work out if they're doing so sentimentally or not though. AP in the AP McCoy Grand Annual named after AP McCoy on AP McCoy's last day at Cheltenham a month before he retires, on the fav. If anything was ever going to be fixed... 

At the risk of sounding silly, is this a joke?

Which bit? When I say over achieved I mean ran beyond what many thought it was capable of. Not many tipped him for the Hennesey and to beat Dynaste and Smad Place was also surprsingly impressive. The rain aspect is just looking at the form, wins have come on soft, not ran well on good this season.

Which bit? When I say over achieved I mean ran beyond what many thought it was capable of. Not many tipped him for the Hennesey and to beat Dynaste and Smad Place was also surprsingly impressive. The rain aspect is just looking at the form, wins have come on soft, not ran well on good this season.

"Many Clouds" being affected by the rain. Is it just me? lol

"Many Clouds" being affected by the rain. Is it just me? lol

Well it will give him better chances of winning than some of the others with a little give in the ground. Obviously I don't mean if it turns into a bog with puddles everywhere but a little cut will take the sting out of some of the classier horses. The market seems to agree, since the rain has started at Cheltenham it has been backed in from 10's to as short as 13/2 now.

Well it will give him better chances of winning than some of the others with a little give in the ground. Obviously I don't mean if it turns into a bog with puddles everywhere but a little cut will take the sting out of some of the classier horses. The market seems to agree, since the rain has started at Cheltenham it has been backed in from 10's to as short as 13/2 now.

You're not getting it.

"Many Clouds".

Need Conti to do the business to make a profit on my ante-post bets.

Will have a small stakes e/w L15 to end the festival...

1.30 Pain Au Chocolat 18/1

2.05 Princely Conn 10/1

2.40 Blaklion 12/1

4.40 Noble Endeavor 16/1

These are the horses I've got my eye on today

Top Notch

Princely Conn

Blaklion

Road To Riches

Current Event

Roi Des Francs

Low stake L63 E/W I'm going with. Dare to dream! aka they all come last lol

Loved Beltors run a couple of weeks ago!

And I've been looking at Holywell for a few weeks now, think I'll be back him for the Gold Cup, really like the look!

Silviniaco Conti has cost me atleast 3 times, I may live to regret it but I just can't back him again, I think he'll place but he won't win.

can't decide whether to get involved in this AP horse in the last or not. Probably missed the boat somewhat, and it's bare form figures are a joke but everyone is piling into it due to McCoy. Can't work out if they're doing so sentimentally or not though. AP in the AP McCoy Grand Annual named after AP McCoy on AP McCoy's last day at Cheltenham a month before he retires, on the fav. If anything was ever going to be fixed... 

I've had a little bet on it @ 5/1. Be rude not to.

Archived