Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Anyone else who thinks we'll stay up?

No, every single thread regardless of topic must be tainted with that point of view... It's law

The topic is effectively 'do you think we will stay up?'

No I don't, haven't thought we stood a chance since Christmas. Were rubbish, and can't defend, hence were bottom of the league and will remain there until game 38.

My sarcastic post was aimed towards those who just seemed to think we were fine, showing blind faith that everything just comes good. Funnily enough, them posts are few and far between now.

When you need 5 wins from somewhere, chucking one of them away in the 88th minute wont help.

The word id use to describe us is ''plucky''. Not the most tactically aware  or gifted squad, but always fighting as hard as they can and making the most of what theyve got most of the time. Sadly, that alone wont get it done.

Kevin Kilbane does (not that I rate him as a pundit!)

I reckon it will be close but we've already made enough mistakes and dropped enough points like yesterday's that means it's going to be very unlikely we stay up.

We're not down yet. Anyone who says we are already down is just deluded. However, I do think it's a mammoth task from now on and we will probably end up going down, given how much ground we may have to catch up after the playing City away.

I predict the table will look like this after 37 games.

Hull. 33 -13

Sunderland. 32 -18

Leicester City. 31 -13

Aston Villa. 31 -20

QPR. 31 -23

Burnley. 31 -24

I'd like that, but out of interest, how did you work that out?

I've worked us out at a realistic 32 points after 37 games

It's the mentality that bothers me. I think that is why Pearson had loaded us with older veterans.

I can rely on Cambiasso to have 20-30 minutes where he creates chances for us.

I can rely on Paul Koncheskey to play competently even though he has shortcomings.

Huth has so far been solid, he's seen it all so he doesn't panic.

But a lot of our players are erratic.

Schlupp is such a massive confidence player, I knew as soon as he missed that open goal he would be useless and so he was. Had he tucked it away he would have been excellent for the rest of the half.

Likewise Morgan can be solid defensively, but he loses his head and panics when we are up against it which is not what you need in a dogfight.

Mahrez is inconsistent too.

I predict the table will look like this after 37 games.

Hull. 33 -13

Sunderland. 32 -18

Leicester City. 31 -13

Aston Villa. 31 -20

QPR. 31 -23

Burnley. 31 -24

I would absolutely love it if we finished above Ciaran Clark, Alan Hutton, Joey Barton and Sean Dyche on goal difference.

Every Christmas rolled into one.

It's the mentality that bothers me. I think that is why Pearson had loaded us with older veterans.

I can rely on Paul Koncheskey to play competently even though he has shortcomings.

Schlupp is such a massive confidence player, I knew as soon as he missed that open goal he would be useless and so he was. Had he tucked it away he would have been excellent for the rest of the half.

Likewise Morgan can be solid defensively, but he loses his head and panics when we are up against it which is not what you need in a dogfight.

Good post. Pearson said after the match yesterday that he was happy to have experience, particularly at the back, and I think that is going to help the team. Don't forget Nugent's experience as well: he made a big difference against Everton.

good one. who writes your jokes for you.

Archived