Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Anyone else who thinks we'll stay up?

I'm confident. So many games could've gone our way this season and we have been close. Whether you think that means we are too poor or unlucky I don't care, I think we can win 5 games.

The big thing is winning the first one.

You see this 5 game thing is all well and good provided any of the 3 teams directly above us don't win more than 3 out of 12 between now and the end of the season....

Win tomorrow and we are back in it,

Big ask I know but you would expect the players to come out really pumped up for this one.

Let's hope they don't flatter to deceive as they have done so many times this season.

Come on you blue boys

When have they ever come out pumped? More like flumped

You see this 5 game thing is all well and good provided any of the 3 teams directly above us don't win more than 3 out of 12 between now and the end of the season....

Well villa haven't won in the last 8, Burnley, QPR and Sunderland only once.... We've won twice. Form team ;)

Call me crazy, but I still think we can.

Still to play 6 of the 8 directly above us. Game in hand. A new striker who can score and a CB who might not feck up every game.

Game on... We must be brave, as fans we must back the team like our lives depend on it. Get the atmosphere like it was those last few games when we scrapped into the playoffs after the bad run.

Fight to the fecking end!!!! Come on!!!

Good post Babs

:fc:

Well we still are to play 5/6 of the teams directly above us and so if we win 3/4 of these games, they will all drop points. It's guaranteed that they will all drop points anyway since some will play each other. 

We really don't have any of this luck that Burnley have. I know they say 'you make your own luck' but over the course of the season we have played some very decent football. How many decisions went against Chelsea today? Should of had 2 pens and that Barnes could of been sent off twice.

Call me crazy, but I still think we can.

Still to play 6 of the 8 directly above us. Game in hand. A new striker who can score and a CB who might not feck up every game.

Game on... We must be brave, as fans we must back the team like our lives depend on it. Get the atmosphere like it was those last few games when we scrapped into the playoffs after the bad run.

Fight to the fecking end!!!! Come on!!!

I do agree with this. I don't think we're out of it, but not a lot suggests to me things will start changing now. Never know though.

We were awful against Villa despite those that might dress the 5-4-1 up. You can tell the players don't wont to play that system and it drained the confidence out of them when they had nowhere to go with the ball. I foresee us sticking with that system and if we do we'll get beat. From the football I've seen we don't have the worst footballers in the prem, but for confidence, set up and manager we are the worst team. I heard a pundit say if your losing and playing badly you can improve and there's a positive in that, but if you're playing well and losing, well, there's nowhere to go with that.

We were awful against Villa despite those that might dress the 5-4-1 up. You can tell the players don't wont to play that system and it drained the confidence out of them when they had nowhere to go with the ball. I foresee us sticking with that system and if we do we'll get beat. From the football I've seen we don't have the worst footballers in the prem, but for confidence, set up and manager we are the worst team. I heard a pundit say if your losing and playing badly you can improve and there's a positive in that, but if you're playing well and losing, well, there's nowhere to go with that.

Pundits do however often talk a load of old crap

We've got to still believe!

It's a tough ask, but it's still in our hands we need something against Everton and we need to pick up some unexpected points.

But having not been turned over yet this season, I still think we can turn some of those results around.

The first stage of grieving is denial, the second is anger, the third is bargaining, the fourth is depression and the fifth is acceptance. Which stage is everybody at?

Denial all the way up to the Stoke match, anger at the Man U match (we made them look a lot better than they are), bargaining until the Palace match ('if we win this and they lose...") and the fourth and fifth during the Arsenal game.

Heart says yes, head says no.

I know it sounds obvious but if we could get get a couple of good results and get our confidence back then there's always a chance as there are some piss poor sides around us. However, that's a big IF as we keep getting picked off too easily at the minute.

I'm still backing NP but I agree that he needs to get back to basics and be positive in games - the recent tinkering with tactics and selections in the hope of happening on a winning formula needs to come to an end. He's been through some seriously tough times with City and come through them stronger so I don't see why he can't again.

Archived