Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Anyone else who thinks we'll stay up?

The sides above us all draw more games than us. We threw away too many games that we could quite easily got the odd point in here and there:

WBA home

Palace home

QPR away

Spurs home

By no means outplayed in any, yet lost all of them.

Whilst Pearson plays one up front we will not stand any chance of staying up.

Tactics do not matter if you don't take your chances and defend properly. Tactics are all good and well but you've got to do the basics properly first. We create chances in almost every games, yet we have scored the second least number of goals. It doesn't matter if we play 1,2 or 3 up front if we continue to spurn chances

The sides above us all draw more games than us. We threw away too many games that we could quite easily got the odd point in here and there:

WBA home

Palace home

QPR away

Spurs home

By no means outplayed in any, yet lost all of them.

Whilst Pearson plays one up front we will not stand any chance of staying up.

Jesus how did we get 0 points from those games. All things being equal we should have got 6 or 7 points from those games.

Guest seanfox778

I believe and hope we stay up but the one consolation if we do go down for me is the extra games in the Championship. It seems like an eternity between Premier League games sometimes.

I've just had a look at the remaining fixtures of City, QPR, Burnley, Villa and Hull and we have definitely got one of the easier run-ins and we play FOUR out of our last five matches at home which has got to be an advantage.

A lot of people have already given up on the team and while I admit it's a hard task to pull off it's not impossible - Sunderland were dead and buried last season and somehow managed it, so why can't we?

Yes we have to put a stop to the endless defensive cock-ups but Huth has certainly helped make the defence stronger and if Kramaric isn't left in splendid isolation up front he has shown enough in his few starts to suggest he could get a few more goals this season.

If, sorry WHEN we stay up then we obviously need to spend a fortune on some proper Premier league defenders but that's the start of another thread....

Keep the faith folks! 

:nigel:  :scarf:  :nigel:  :scarf: 

shit just had  a living nightmare some garbage with nick frost came on the  tv and i couldn't find the remote.

I've just had a look at the remaining fixtures of City, QPR, Burnley, Villa and Hull and we have definitely got one of the easier run-ins and we play FOUR out of our last five matches at home which has got to be an advantage.

A lot of people have already given up on the team and while I admit it's a hard task to pull off it's not impossible - Sunderland were dead and buried last season and somehow managed it, so why can't we?

Yes we have to put a stop to the endless defensive cock-ups but Huth has certainly helped make the defence stronger and if Kramaric isn't left in splendid isolation up front he has shown enough in his few starts to suggest he could get a few more goals this season.

If, sorry WHEN we stay up then we obviously need to spend a fortune on some proper Premier league defenders but that's the start of another thread....

Keep the faith folks! 

:nigel:  :scarf:  :nigel:  :scarf: 

singha is not good.i prefer leo

Ludicrous statement. Can you name how many Premier League teams, or top European teams play 2 up front?

Those that do play 1 striker pack the midfield to support the front man. We don't. We just pack the defence! Pathetic

The last time we went down, we had more points than we have now. Went down 6 points adrift too.

We've had it

What was everyone else on though? You can't use an isolated season with knowing what every opposition was too.

No doubt we've been poor but there are six teams down there at the moment as poor.

What was everyone else on though? You can't use an isolated season with knowing what every opposition was too.

No doubt we've been poor but there are six teams down there at the moment as poor.

True, but we can't win a game. Just can't do it. When will the next win be?

True, but we can't win a game. Just can't do it. When will the next win be?

I haven't given up on the season just yet. There are parts of some of our recent performances - Villa in the cup excluded as we were dog shite that day - that give me a modicum of confidence. Thats enough to keep the faith.

Given how bad our run of form has been the fact we are only 4 points a drift shows the quality of every other team in and around us is equally woeful. Whatever differences of opinion the fans have on the manager, the tactics and the players that isn't going to change before the end of the season and we do have enough about us to be better than 3 teams in the relegation dog fight. I firmly believe it is not beyond us and the sooner we get off the bottom of the table the better the confidence will be going into the final stages of the season. We can do this. 

Those that do play 1 striker pack the midfield to support the front man. We don't. We just pack the defence! Pathetic

Don't mind that away from home against good sides that play possession football. At home, we have to be more aggressive -

4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 (prefer 5 in the middle to give us some quality passing options rather than the hoof and hope)

Away to someone like west brom, we surely need to pack the midfield and try to boss the ball. Packing the defence just invites them on. Against good sides, that doesn't matter as they will probably win any midfield battle and we will be camped in our final third anyway. . We saw how dreadful it is against villa. Just gives average teams confidence and time.

What a joyful place your home must be...

****ing hell. Just because I've lost faith that we'll stay up. I wouldn't say I'm the only one. Perfectly happy place in my home thanks. There is more to life than football!

Archived