Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Anyone else who thinks we'll stay up?

Looking through everyone fixtures, I think 35/36 pts will be enough. We actually have a chance of achieving this if we get lucky with suspensions and injuries AND the manager convinces the players they can do it. And I mean 'really convinces them'. Yesterday's experience of coming back once behind will be useful in this regard. so can we rely on the manager to do the mental stuff and also the tactical stuff aswell? Probably the former but we are going to need a lot of luck re the latter. Strangely, that's not something we've seen much of this campaign so perhaps a bit of belief might be in order. bringing on vardy and nugent yesterday didn't look like a master stroke to me as I wondered where we would find the possession to supply them. However, it worked. Lucky or planned? no idea.

a solid performance at city next week please. No one expects anything other than a defeat as per the emirates. Hence it's a fee hit for us and we may aswell set up to frustrate them ne try and catch them on the break. However, Bony and djeko normally bag a brace against us. If we do get the gap back to the other three teams, our GD will be like an extra point so it's important not to allow a big defeat.

The manager is going nowhere before June. Perhaps it's time to come together to try and help the boys ?

You think Hull will take 2 points from 12 games?

I think they're due a bad run and the fixtures didn't look kind for them. Somewhat pessimistic I'll grant you, but they will struggle between now and the end.

I've just done one of those silly predictors for us, Sunderland, QPR, Burnley and Aston Villa... We finish 16th!! lollollol lol

Although done through rose tinted glasses, I didn't realise the other teams around us don't exactly have it easy... And a few of them play each other. It isn't over, but going to be tight. It's unlike me to be optimistic in these situations, but what else do we have?! Sit here and moan until the season is over, or try and enjoy it... and at the very least, give them our full support.

Foxes Never Quit :scarf:

We've been propping up the league for a good chunk of the season and nothing much has really changed so unless lady luck suddenly decides to pay a visit we are going down.

Fair enough we never get thrashed but we rarely win in the league either, 4 wins from 26 with only 12 games left and still Chelsea and Man City to play at the business end of the season.

The reality is that we have a chance, it's a tough ask, not impossible and it is still in our hands since we play a lot of the teams around us. From a results point of view, it isnt encouraging given that we have been unable to turn performances into results. But performances have been good for a team at the bottom of the league. Think Alan Shearer summarised us well the other week saying we make too many basic errors. If we cut out these errors we will be there or thereabouts without a doubt. 

Perhaps we're just missing a slogan, and if we came up with something as fantastic as 'foxes never quit' or 'keep the faith' then we'd be midtable by the end of March

I propse the Merc print a load of bumper stickers saying "You're either with us, or... **** off and die"

West Brom : -10 37

Aston Villa : -23 36

Hull :  -10 31

Burnley : -19 31

Sunderland : -14 31

Leicester : -18 30

QPR : -18 24

This is what I got using one of those predictor things (didn't change the goal difference though, was just based on results) but I had our results as...

2 wins - Newcastle (H) and QPR (H)

4 losses - Man City (A), Chelsea (H), Spurs (A) West Brom (A)

6 draws - Hull (H), West Ham (H), Swansea (H), Burnley (A), Southampton (H) and Sunderland (A) 

Not sure how Villa have ended up there, they have some decent home fixtures but also some very tough games against the top teams. Sunderland seem to have a fairly tough run in too so wouldn't surprise me to see them right back in it at the end of the season. 

five mins on the fishy predictor. (4 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats - had no idea till the end and checked back - weird ?)

Aston Villa 38 - 35 Leicester 38 - 34 QPR 38 - 32 Hull 38 - 31 Sunderland 38 - 31 Burnley 38 - 29

top 4 were chelsea, man c, arsenal and lpool (on GD above spurs)

four points covering five sides shows just how tightly this might pan out.

It's possible but I don't see what evidence there is to suggest we'll do it.

Pearson seems determined not to drop poorly-performing players and to persist with a 4-5-1 formation that has not yet yielded a win and doesn't suit us.

I believed until relatively recently but the home defeat to Palace and the half-arsed effort against Villa have pretty much sapped my enthusiasm.

Why I think we have a real chance of staying up is this:

- we have been very close to getting more results than we have done.

- Kramaric is a goal scorer.

-we have a decent run in, compared to some.

- the team clearly still believe.

Forget Man City... It's after that our quest to avoid the drop really begins.

And how about the fact that Cambiasso is world class!?!?

Come on City!!!!

Archived