Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Anyone else who thinks we'll stay up?

Anyone who thinks we'll stay up isn't being realistic. With games running out and being on a losing streak the team aren't capable of doing something now they haven't been able to do all season  -  go on an unbeaten run. Therefore, relegation is just a matter of time.

Anyone who thinks we'll stay up isn't being realistic. With games running out and being on a losing streak the team aren't capable of doing something now they haven't been able to do all season - go on an unbeaten run. Therefore, relegation is just a matter of time.

Why do we have to be realistic?

Can we dare to dream?

Stranger things have happened in the world of sport.

Anyone who thinks we'll stay up isn't being realistic. With games running out and being on a losing streak the team aren't capable of doing something now they haven't been able to do all season - go on an unbeaten run. Therefore, relegation is just a matter of time.

We don't need an unbeaten run... D L W L L D L W L D W L W could be enough.

Realistic maybe not, impossible not on your nelly. Remember when everyone said we'd not make the play offs, that we'd need a miracle and might as well not bother. I never gave up, I don't want anyone to give up... And you know what, we made it.

A lot of people are judging the outcome of today by last Sunday's performance and yes we looked abysmal but somthing about the way Pearson conducted his work in that game suggested to me he was happy to come out of the cup to concentrate on the league and let villa be burdened by the extra cup fixture!

I may be wrong and it could have been just down to his incompetence again but anyone else agree??

A lot of people are judging the outcome of today by last Sunday's performance and yes we looked abysmal but somthing about the way Pearson conducted his work in that game suggested to me he was happy to come out of the cup to concentrate on the league and let villa be burdened by the extra cup fixture!

I may be wrong and it could have been just down to his incompetence again but anyone else agree??

I heard Pearson talking about the Villa defeat and think the same. I don't think he has ever been too bothered about any cup competition since he's been manager here. Even in league one, we had a great chance to get to the final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy but the league position always takes priority!

No.

Because of one reason that will always go against us, the manager.

You can count on him to continue to make selection errors, tactical gaffes and the bad results will follow on.

The other teams down there are far more consistent and better than we are, and I'm disgusted by it.

Im disgusted by your attitude.

Get out.

Can't disagree but not sure I saw much gained in a competitive fixture re the formation and the way we play it.

I'm not expecting it, but stranger things have happened and it can be done.

To be precise, WBA were 5 pts adrift in 2004/5 at this stage of the season, and survived.

Also Portsmouth, in 2005/6 were 7 pts off the pack, and still stayed up.

we need a win playing attacking football in a similar vein to last season and the start of his season. the confidence gained would probably convince the manager and the players they can stay up playing that way. the catalyst will be a shock victory against manchester blues.

QPR

Arsenal - L

Spurs - L

Palace - L

Everton - L

West Brom - D

Chelsea - L

Aston Villa - W

West Ham - L

Liverpool - L

Man City - L

Newcastle - W

Leicester - L

Total = 29PTS  6 point swing = 23-35 

Aston Villa

Newcastle - D

West Brom - L

Sunderland - D

Swansea - L

Man U - L

Spurs - L

QPR - W (Gave both Villa and QPR wins on this to be on the safe side)

Man City - L

Everton - L

West Ham - L

Southampton - L

Burnley - W

Total: 30PTS  6 point swing = 24 -36

Burnley:

Swansea - W

Liverpool - L

Man City - L

Southampton - D

Spurs - D

Arsenal -L

Everton - D

Leicester - L

West Ham - L

Hull - W

Stoke - L

Aston Villa - W (Gave both wins to be safe.)

Total 34PTS 6 point swing 28 - 40

Leicester

Man C - L

Hull - W

Tot - L

West Ham - D

West Brom - L

Swansea - W

Burnley - W

Newcastle - L

Southampton - L

Sunderland - W

QPR - W

Total - 33PTS 6 point swing 27-39

I think it's out of us and Burnley and I think it will be much closer than you all think. I also believe it will go right down to the last couple of games. It is still possible!

Pardon me for believing in my team :)

It's a different PL than previous seasons.

In most season the side rooted to the bottom would be atrocious. As much as this season has hurt so far, we have not.

Will we stay up? I don't know. It's getting tougher each game. Can we stay up? Well, yes, despite the things stacked against us there's things that are in our favour. Forget the other teams for moment. Look at our games. Are there winnable games? Yes - hull, burnley qpr and Sunderland are must wins. West Ham, Southampton and Newcastle are teams falling into late season syndrome especially with regards to first two. They'll start to drop points when the bigger teams won't and the table will fall into it's usual format. All three are at home as well.

Swansea and West Brom are pot luck - they can both be beaten but depends on who turns up for no the teams and tactics!! Spurs falls into this category too simply because we have a good record against them.

That leaves Chelsea and Man City as no hope games.

That gives us 9/10 games to have hope.

Do I think we will stay up - no

Archived