Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Anyone else who thinks we'll stay up?

The last time we went down, we had more points than we have now. Went down 6 points adrift too.

We've had it

Not sure what the relevance is?

We never stuffed Man U 5-3 we have this season.

Past seasons mean fvck all what matters now is how many points keep us or any team up this year.

How does our past record stop us winning 10 and drawing 2 ( yes not likely but could happen)

All that matters is now and the future past seasons our record and points totals mean fvck all.

We do not have David Pleat in charge martin henderson up front and Lineker has gone.

Records low or high are there to be broken unless your glass is half empty and you want us to go down.

Fvck it some of you must be so depressed it really is untrue whay have you not hanged yourselves?

Not sure what the relevance is?

We never stuffed Man U 5-3 we have this season.

Past seasons mean fvck all what matters now is how many points keep us or any team up this year.

How does our past record stop us winning 10 and drawing 2 ( yes not likely but could happen)

All that matters is now and the future past seasons our record and points totals mean fvck all.

We do not have David Pleat in charge martin henderson up front and Lineker has gone.

Records low or high are there to be broken unless your glass is half empty and you want us to go down.

Fvck it some of you must be so depressed it really is untrue whay have you not hanged yourselves?

Yes you're right, I am so depressed and am desperate for us to go down. Or, I'm realistic, fed up with how the manager has ruined our season, and am prepared for the inevitable? And no, I'm not a Pearson hater. He's had an absolute nightmare this season though. Every week I dread hearing the team and formation. I don't believe we don't have the players, it's Pearson who has been the problem. Hopefully he's learnt from it and will be better for the experience next season.

Yes you're right, I am so depressed and am desperate for us to go down. Or, I'm realistic, fed up with how the manager has ruined our season, and am prepared for the inevitable? And no, I'm not a Pearson hater. He's had an absolute nightmare this season though. Every week I dread hearing the team and formation. I don't believe we don't have the players, it's Pearson who has been the problem. Hopefully he's learnt from it and will be better for the experience next season.

This........totally 100% spot on.

Oh let's play five at the back .......knowing full well both fullbacks are not quick enough to get up and support the attack if when we break.

Oh let's play five at the back .......knowing full well both fullbacks are not quick enough to get up and support the attack if when we break.

Exactly. What's the point of Upson?

Why sign a clearly brilliant striker, then hang him out to dry up front on his own

Why play two centre mids all season when no one else does and we get overrun every week?

Why play Konchesky?

Four centre mids in the same team in some games

Ridiculous substitutions

Danny Simpson ahead of De Laet in a team where we play wing backs

He's had a shocker. You're not telling me our squad is that far worse than those above us?

I went to WBA v Southampton Saturday. I don't think there's many WBA players who would walk into our side. However, they looked so so organised, tactics spot on, made Southampton look ordinary. Lescott fantastic. Defensively we've been ****ing crap

True, but we can't win a game. Just can't do it. When will the next win be?

March 14th. We will beat Hull I think. I think we will finally turn up in one of those games seeing as we've now realised Kramaric is a must in games like that.

He's had the odds totally stacked against him so far and has still scored twice.

Danny Simpson ahead of De Laet in a team where we play wing backs

They're not wingbacks in a 352, they're a back 5!

The point in having numbers at the back was to allow the attacking talent to attack more, while not being defensively short at the back like we have at key points in most games.... but because of the alarming drop in Mahrez's form & Schlupp's inconsistency, we haven't seen the true attacking benefit of this particular formation though

True, but we can't win a game. Just can't do it. When will the next win be?

Having just read he last few pages may I say that you are an extremely negative nancy. You made your point and then repeated it 200 times.

The last time we went down, we had more points than we have now. Went down 6 points adrift too.

We've had it

So? The league was stronger that season (17th finished with 39, that's not happening this year), and past seasons aren't a guide to current ones, particularly one a decade ago where we've gone through nigh on 100 players, 10 managers and 2 sets of owners. This club isn't anyway like the one back then, and the league is totally different as well - Hull and Swansea were in League 2 at the time.

Thats what the two wingers are there for to support the lone attacker having two defensive fullbacks allow the wingers to just concentrate on helping the attack and not defending, we dont need two attacking fullbacks if we play 5-4-1

The point in having numbers at the back was to allow the attacking talent to attack more, while not being defensively short at the back like we have at key points in most games.... but because of the alarming drop in Mahrez's form & Schlupp's inconsistency, we haven't seen the true attacking benefit of this particular formation though

Pearson said in his interview pre Everton that we are playing 5 at the back so it makes us harder to beat. He said our wide players should tuck in more so we don't get so overrun in the middle, and that the onus is then sometimes on the full backs to overlap their wingers

Never happens

Pearson said in his interview pre Everton that we are playing 5 at the back so it makes us harder to beat. He said our wide players should tuck in more so we don't get so overrun in the middle, and that the onus is then sometimes on the full backs to overlap their wingers

Never happens

Which is why if we play 5 at the back DeLaet should definitely be in and Schlupp may as well play the other WB. As you know I'm an NP supporter but don't understand why he plays Simpson in a 5 man backline.

Never happens

Nope, that's why I think RDL is critical. Been exposed defensively on an occasion or two, but so has Simpson.

We're missing RDL's pace and ability to actually run with the ball, which is better than an aimless hoof from RB position causing a turnover in possession.

In a change to what I thought all season until recently, I wouldn't put Schlupp at LB in a 5 though

Having just read he last few pages may I say that you are an extremely negative nancy. You made your point and then repeated it 200 times.

Spent over £1000 watching us this season. Hard not to be a bit disheartened. Hope Pearson can prove me wrong and keep us up obviously

Spent over £1000 watching us this season. Hard not to be a bit disheartened. Hope Pearson can prove me wrong and keep us up obviously

Fair enough.

The most disappointing thing for me is I reckon it's such a poor Premier league this season, with quite a number of weak teams in it, the fact that we are rooted to the bottom of it is tragic. We have made a complete shambles of a huge opportunity.

That's the very thing that's helping us out though. So many rubbish sides and it'll surely be the lowest points total ever to keep you up

Or could it be that Mahrez and Schlupp can't get to grips with 5-4-1? Once they get the ball their forward-going options are more limited with only a single striker to look for, and a pass back to the over-staffed (and static) back line being the easier option?

It could just end up one of the great seasons to look back on if we stay up. Some will remember the hardships but most will remember the run in. Still believing on this side of the pond.

We have the most incredibly easy run-in, not just the last 4 games but most of the rest, obviously excluding this Weds and the Chelsea game. There can be o excuses for failure. Most supporters know the strongest side, unlike the manager, and our strongest eleven would secure the points. Unfortunately I have no faith in the manager, I used to quite like the guy, but pathetic outbursts against disgruntled fans, shirt pulling of opposition players, questioning the private matters of LCFC legends, not to mention atrocious team selections.....need I go on. That said, a decent Championship level manager, who one day may get another crack at managing in the Premier League.

We have the most incredibly easy run-in, not just the last 4 games but most of the rest, obviously excluding this Weds and the Chelsea game. There can be o excuses for failure. Most supporters know the strongest side, unlike the manager, and our strongest eleven would secure the points. Unfortunately I have no faith in the manager, I used to quite like the guy, but pathetic outbursts against disgruntled fans, shirt pulling of opposition players, questioning the private matters of LCFC legends, not to mention atrocious team selections.....need I go on. That said, a decent Championship level manager, who one day may get another crack at managing in the Premier League.

The dig against Lineker is the only one that has irked me. Lineker is close to untouchable as far as I'm concerned.

Archived