Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Anyone else who thinks we'll stay up?

The important thing there is that we have city and spurs to play who will need the points (apart from the six pointers). West ham, Swansea, Newcastle and soton are all home games where the opposition should be able to be bullied by our approach. They will all be out of contention for the top six by the time we play them. Chelsea will be champs when we play them. Tbh, if they aren't, they will easily beat us. You missed them out anyway.

Burnley have a horrendous run and will struggle to get many wins in their next six. Thereafter, they have a run in of three six pointers in their last five.

Qpr have four derbys.

Tbh, villa look to have a decent dozen fixtures.

Are we sure that hull and sland won't drop back into this? What are their fixtures like?

I think it's looking more and more like the three that came up going back.

I thought all along that we would but NP is making such strange selections and line ups I don't think we will now. Playing 5 at the back and 1 up front in a game we needed to win is strange to say the least. The fact that we nearly won had  little bearing on the game. Everton could and should have been out of sight.

I thought all along that we would but NP is making such strange selections and line ups I don't think we will now. Playing 5 at the back and 1 up front in a game we needed to win is strange to say the least. The fact that we nearly won had  little bearing on the game. Everton could and should have been out of sight.

I think that we also could have been out of sight.

The couple of Schlupp chances spring to mind but I can't slate him because he had a decent game

I thought all along that we would but NP is making such strange selections and line ups I don't think we will now. Playing 5 at the back and 1 up front in a game we needed to win is strange to say the least. The fact that we nearly won had little bearing on the game. Everton could and should have been out of sight.

5 at the back is quite a positive approach. Allowed us to have a striker 2 inside forwards and 2 wingers when attacking.

James and Cambiasso would be better if one of them was a little more attack minded, but I can imagine James playing alongside Cambiasso is going to turn into a great player!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we'd hung on today I'd have said yes definitely do-able.  There's always a chance but I can't see us making up 4 or 5 points on the teams above unless we beat all of Hull, QPR and Burnley. We've got the easier run-in but we've consistently proved  more capable of shooting ourselves in the foot than shooting our way out of trouble.

10 out of 12 are winnable but we've been clinging to that all season

QPR

Arsenal - L

Spurs - L

Palace - L

Everton - L

West Brom - D

Chelsea - L

Aston Villa - W

West Ham - L

Liverpool - L

Man City - L

Newcastle - W

Leicester - L

Total = 29PTS 6 point swing = 23-35

Aston Villa

Newcastle - D

West Brom - L

Sunderland - D

Swansea - L

Man U - L

Spurs - L

QPR - W (Gave both Villa and QPR wins on this to be on the safe side)

Man City - L

Everton - L

West Ham - L

Southampton - L

Burnley - W

Total: 30PTS 6 point swing = 24 -36

Burnley:

Swansea - W

Liverpool - L

Man City - L

Southampton - D

Spurs - D

Arsenal -L

Everton - D

Leicester - L

West Ham - L

Hull - W

Stoke - L

Aston Villa - W (Gave both wins to be safe.)

Total 34PTS 6 point swing 28 - 40

Leicester

Man C - L

Hull - W

Tot - L

West Ham - D

West Brom - L

Swansea - W

Burnley - W

Newcastle - L

Southampton - L

Sunderland - W

QPR - W

Total - 33PTS 6 point swing 27-39

I think it's out of us and Burnley and I think it will be much closer than you all think. I also believe it will go right down to the last couple of games. It is still possible!

Pardon me for believing in my team :)

..that's ok, I believe in father Christmas!

No.

The good news is that of our remaining 12 fixtures, there are only 3 were you can say we probably won’t get anything (Man City and Spurs A, Chelsea H).

So 9 games and we need to win 6 of them to stand any chance.

It’s very improbable not impossible.  I’d say our chances of staying up are around 10% (and yes that is a figure plucked out of my head before anyone asks about the maths).

So 9 games and we need to win 6 of them to stand any chance.

We need to win one and draw two more than the rest of them down there. I don't know why people put figures on the number of games we need to win. It could, quite feasibly be just three or four games, it could be eight depending on what others do.

Over the last twelve games Sunderland, Everton, Burnley and us have all won two games, Villa only one and West Brom, QPR and Palace three.

Too much to do now. Realistically that was two points thrown away today. We just can't keep doing this.

Come the end of the season, we may look back on today's game, as having been the one to sink us.

We all know the Burnley game at home with James' reckless injury time tackle & Schmeichel's goalkeeping from the resulting free kick was the pivotal moment in our season.

It galvanised them into their never say die spirit and condemned us to the close but no cigar award.

We've got every chance of doing it, we do have the quality & tactics to win games but Pearson's blind spot to a few individuals he selects could well mean we continue to come up short

I'm undecided. I'm hopeful but in football it's normally the hope that kills you.

We are not far off, but we do need to start picking up points to give us a chance. If we are still in touching distance, say 3/4 points off 19th after the Spurs game then I'm saying we'll stay up.

Pearson has found a formation that seems to work away from home. Arsenal, and yesterday were good displays, but ultimately it's the home form now that will be vital.

We need to win one and draw two more than the rest of them down there. I don't know why people put figures on the number of games we need to win. It could, quite feasibly be just three or four games, it could be eight depending on what others do.

Over the last twelve games Sunderland, Everton, Burnley and us have all won two games, Villa only one and West Brom, QPR and Palace three.

Well, the trouble is that because we’re 7 points behind 16th place (Sunderland), it is now virtually impossible for us to finish any higher than 17th.

This means that Villa, Burnley and QPR all have to continue their current form for us to stand a chance. We could hit form, but if one of those three also finds form we’ll still go down.

They are all ‘must-win’ games now Babs  :P 

This means that Villa, Burnley and QPR all have to continue their current form for us to stand a chance. We could hit form, but if one of those three also finds form we’ll still go down.

Indeed they do, so it's a good job they are all as equally shit as us. Most people seem to think we've underperformed... so perhaps there is something extra to come and surprise us all. The additions of Huth and Krameric could be pivotal.

I have a feeling that we might have the form that would normally see a great escape, but one of the other relegation favourites also will (1 or 2 teams near the bottom nearly always have a string of 4-5 surprise results in the run in) - whether it'd be enough for us to survive I don't know

Not entirely given up hope just yet, but we really need to get a few shock results and aside from Man Utd we haven't really had any yet. 

Archived