Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Hull Pre Match Thread

I'm pretty certain dropping Hamer has had no real impact on our season, despite the fact he's got more clean sheets than the other two. We have much bigger issues than who has been in goal.

True. But you could say that about any individual player.  

The point about Hamer is that he was bought to be second-choice. Fine. But then he’s called upon to fill in, and appears to do really well. But then, Pearson buys another keeper and replaces Hamer – effectively relegating Hamer to third choice. What was the point?

As you say, we have bigger issues. So why have we spent time and money recruiting a keeper who really is no better than what we already have?

Weirdly it’s the same situation with Ulloa. We had a decent striker but then Pearson spaffs our entire January spending budget on a player to replace him.

Meanwhile, Konchesky and Morgan continue in the team, and we continue to lack creativity from the central midfield.

Pearson just appears to be re-arranging the deck-chairs on the Titanic!

Schwarzer was brought in becuase we needed a keeper with prem experience Kasper and Ben do not have that, yes Hamer did alright when he kept those clean sheets but people are forgetting the defence helped him out a lot in those matches

Schwarzer was brought in becuase we needed a keeper with prem experience Kasper and Ben do not have that, yes Hamer did alright when he kept those clean sheets but people are forgetting the defence helped him out a lot in those matches

Yeah right.

Mark-Schwarzer-Leicester-Howler.jpg?itok

Well-played the defence.

1410620876692_wps_9_STOKE_ON_TRENT_ENGLA

Ok so why can't Schwarzer have an influence and pass his experience/coaching/advice over, because he clearly doesn't use his experience wisely when playing.

You claim Hamer had the defence helping him out alot in the matches he played...he got dropped for the defence making 1, yes ONE mistake, it wasn't even Hamer's mistake it was the defences mistake and he got the chop for it.

Besides are you trying to imply the defence helped Hamer more than the others? Really?! Either way it makes Hamer the pick of the 3.

Got a big night out planned Saturday night so I hope we win to put me in a good mood. Want to be a happy singing drunk not a tearful angry drunk.

Does the result of a football game really have such a drastic effect on people's mood? Yeah, I get pissed off if we lose and yeah, I'm over the moon when we win, but I'd never let a loss ruin my evening/weekend...

Ok so why can't Schwarzer have an influence and pass his experience/coaching/advice over, because he clearly doesn't use his experience wisely when playing.

You claim Hamer had the defence helping him out alot in the matches he played...he got dropped for the defence making 1, yes ONE mistake, it wasn't even Hamer's mistake it was the defences mistake and he got the chop for it.

Besides are you trying to imply the defence helped Hamer more than the others? Really?! Either way it makes Hamer the pick of the 3.

Of course it was Hamers mistake no keeper should be beaten like that yes the two man wall broke but you still expect a kepper to save it.  All our keepers have made mistakes this season

He's got his eyes closed and the ball has sailed over his head.

FAIL! :D

He's already headed it, it's a post header shot. He closed his eyes afterwards as he knew the ball was going so far from goal he could have a little sleep.

Of course it was Hamers mistake no keeper should be beaten like that yes the two man wall broke but you still expect a kepper to save it.  All our keepers have made mistakes this season

Agreed, but some seem to be allowed to make more (Alot more) than others (That applies to all positions aswell, inparticularly the defence).

With Hammond looking unfit to play I've been forced to rethink my proposed selection again.

However I think this might work.

Schwarzer

RDL          Huth          Was            Schlupp

James        Cambiasso

Mahrez              Nugent            Vardy

Kramaric

Subs - Hamer, Upson, Simpson, Drinkwater, King, Albrighton, Ulloa

The wait between this and our last game, just to see us set up with a 5 man defence tomorrow is downright depressing.

I have to say I'm looking forward to next season already. At least if something isn't working it may be corrected within 2 weeks instead of 2 months.

Archived