Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Hull Pre Match Thread

Steve Bruce is no chump, he will be playing for a draw simple as. A point for him will only put more distance between dull and ourselves.

Playing our horrific 5 at the back is only going to lead to stalemate.

Fingers crossed i am proved wrong.

Steve Bruce is no chump, he will be playing for a draw simple as. A point for him will only put more distance between dull and ourselves.

Playing our horrific 5 at the back is only going to lead to stalemate.

Fingers crossed i am proved wrong.

But they have to finish ahead of three sides. Given their run in, i wonder if they will be more attacking than we expect and really go for the first goal to try and knock the crowd - perhaps NP will be thinking this way and that will dictate him starting 5-4-1. I would have thought doing that will just ensure that they can take the initiative, silence the crowd, and we won't keep a clean sheet in any event

But they have to finish ahead of three sides. Given their run in, i wonder if they will be more attacking than we expect and really go for the first goal to try and knock the crowd

Yes I think most would say Leicester are dead and buried by now. They're not thinking about putting points between us and them, they're thinking about points between them and villa. They've got every reason to see this as a winnable game and I'd expect them to go for it.

If he plays 5 at the back I'm going to be so disappointed. At home against another struggling team there is no reason to play a formation that is aimed to contain much better players.

4-4-1-1 with Nuge behind Krama or 4-5-1 with a sitting midfielder please Nige!

Yes I think most would say Leicester are dead and buried by now. They're not thinking about putting points between us and them, they're thinking about points between them and villa. They've got every reason to see this as a winnable game and I'd expect them to go for it.

Apart from Bruce's interview saying how important this match is and that a win would basically mean we couldn't catch them?

we haven't won a league game that any of our strikers have scored in since the 21st of september. it's mid march. krama needs to play with a partner and score and fire us to safety.

Well exactly, important for them to win. The other poster was saying they might go for a draw.

I was more on about the whole "not thinking about putting points between us and them". But yes that's true. I don't expect them to come for the draw either. IMO that will suit us a bit better. If we don't put in a performance on a day like today when we are absolutely desperate for points at home to a fellow struggler, then we don't deserve to stay in the league. 

Simpson’s Hull Game Plan

Posted: Sat 14 Mar 2015 

Author: Leicester City

Jamie Vardy and Danny Simpson

Image by: Plumb Images
Defender Danny Simpson says Leicester City are ready for whatever Hull City have to throw at them when the sides meet in the Barclays Premier League on Saturday.
Having already beaten the Tigers in a tough game away from home, the Foxes are hoping a win at King Power Stadium can spark a run of results that will propel them to safety. 

And while Simpson appreciates just how good Steve Bruce’s side are, he has confidence that Leicester have the quality to not just cause them problems, but to take all three points too. 

“We know they play the wing back system more often than not,” Simpson told Foxes Player. “They do get it out wide and like to put crosses in the box early.

“We’ve played them already though and it was probably the one game that we’ve taken something from as a win and didn’t deserve it. We showed spirit though and fought hard for the three points and we’re going to have to do that again. 

“Anyone who plays Hull, you’re going to have to work hard first and foremost, but I know we’ll do that and we’ve got the quality to hurt them too. 

“It can be hard playing against wing backs, but you’ve got a winger there too and you can double up, get the ball out wide and hurt teams. We’ve got a game plan so hopefully we can stop what they do and exploit their weaknesses.” 

Performances have been pleasing of late, but results have still proved elusive for the Foxes, and Simpson knows that if they are to survive in this league, the time to start pulling them out of the bag is now. 

“We want to give everyone a lift,” he said. “We need everyone pulling in the right direction. We’ll make it difficult for Hull, hopefully take the three points and move on to the next one. There are 11 games, but all we can do is prepare game by game and hopefully tally up those points. 

“Training has been really high intensity. Everyone is on it and pulling in the same direction. We know how important it is. We’ve got seven home games left and they’re a great opportunity for us to put some points on the board, starting with Hull on Saturday.”

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/simpsons-hull-game-plan-2332646.aspx#m6MMkJZORhMYr5E2.99

Do our tactics always have to include how we can prevent the other side from scoring? The mentality is all wrong at the minute, it really is. Already predictable that we'll aim to nulify the mighty Hull City and try to hit them on the break.

Do our tactics always have to include how we can prevent the other side from scoring? The mentality is all wrong at the minute, it really is. Already predictable that we'll aim to nulify the mighty Hull City and try to hit them on the break.

I SO hope you're wrong.

Its bizarre....Nige's tactics are completely opposite to last season.

And Hull are nothing special.

Where has the pressure, hit with pace and energy game gone?

:nigel:

Was only tends to put an Instagram picture up the morning of a match day if he's playing, and he's done that so I hope that means he is  :chant:

Last chance today IMO, if we win i'm still hopeful, but if we lose i'm preparing for next season in the Championship. 

We were playing our best stuff at Everton when we were pressing higher up, our defenders lack the concentration and ability to hold out for 90 minutes so it's weird to put more pressure on them.

Schwarzer

Wasilewski    Huth   Upson

De Laet                                            Schlupp

James        Cambiasso

Mahrez                                           Kramaric

Vardy

Archived