Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Hull Pre Match Thread

****ing huge game lads. Let's get in to these pricks and maul those bastards (some other **** can provide the video...).

Confident about tomorrow - may be the Friday night beverages, but I still believe that the Great Escape is on. Hoping beyond hope that I'm not feeling otherwise at 5PM tomorrow.

:pearson:

:appl:  LEICESTER CITY  :appl:  THE BOYS IN BLUE  :appl:  THE TERRACE SINGS  :appl:  A SONG FOR YOU

The day arrives

Realistically, been waiting for today since the palace game as our next winnable fixture.

maybe this is a good time to note that Dull are playing badly but not a 'bad side'. IMO, they are no worse than sides that have done a job on us thus far. I'm not seeing too many who think we are just going to have to turn up to win. at least the team has finally managed to do that to our expectations.

I hope we won't start flat back 5 or if we do, at least start RDL and jeff out wide. However, I'm not holding my breath on that one and fully expect an unchanged side with unchanged tactics. Shame as hull may well set up 3-5-2 which would give us a chance to try it out and also, a formation tweak by us will make the remainder of the season more difficult for sides in their planning to play against us.

The most successful Leicester side I've seen played 5 at the back. The 5 at the back isn't the issue its personnel and how the rest of the team is set up.

It could allow us to still have 3 in centre mid and still play 2 strikers.

I can't see Nigel playing 5-4-1 at home against hull.

5-3-2? Though the 2 full backs/wing backs would need to change. And not sure how mahrez would fit in.

If we do play 5 at the back, we better ****ing win.

I get a feeling that a loss today could see the board act.

Hopefully the fans can get behind them today because it's going to be tense.

I think he'll go if the lose today. Too late though.

Retaining our Premiership status starts today. I don't want to be stood in the pub at 505 discussing who's going to be replacing us in the top flight.

No more excuses Pearson, players or FT members.

3 points required today.

Too right Col

I don't believe today is must win though I mean if we lose. we're not gonna be offically relegated are we, therefore it can't be must win.

whilst most of us know you arent being sincere matt - there are a few who may believe that. we have to win today. if we dont win today, the players will lose belief completely that they can get out of this. no way back from there, irrespective of the remaining fixtures.

Too much pressure on this today. Can't see this lot stepping up. We've only won one league game this season where we've been favourites. Hope I'm wrong. Evidence suggests 0-1. Goal on the hour. Set piece. A chorus of hate at the final whistle and a quarter of the season with nothing to play for.

The day arrives

Realistically, been waiting for today since the palace game as our next winnable fixture.

maybe this is a good time to note that Dull are playing badly but not a 'bad side'. IMO, they are no worse than sides that have done a job on us thus far. I'm not seeing too many who think we are just going to have to turn up to win. at least the team has finally managed to do that to our expectations.

I hope we won't start flat back 5 or if we do, at least start RDL and jeff out wide. However, I'm not holding my breath on that one and fully expect an unchanged side with unchanged tactics. Shame as hull may well set up 3-5-2 which would give us a chance to try it out and also, a formation tweak by us will make the remainder of the season more difficult for sides in their planning to play against us.

Hull aren't playing badly, they are five games unbeaten on their best run since the first 5 games of the season.

whilst most of us know you arent being sincere matt - there are a few who may believe that. we have to win today. if we dont win today, the players will lose belief completely that they can get out of this. no way back from there, irrespective of the remaining fixtures.

Hey, it's only what people have been telling me the last few weeks, i've took it on board....

We're obviously just trolling the teams around us, letting them get excited, and leaving it till the last minute when we need to win, we will, we'll do it, oh how we can laugh when it happens....

Too much pressure on this today. Can't see this lot stepping up. We've only won one league game this season where we've been favourites. Hope I'm wrong. Evidence suggests 0-1. Goal on the hour. Set piece. A chorus of hate at the final whistle and a quarter of the season with nothing to play for.

We've conceded between 45 and 60 in each of our 0-1 defeats to West Brom, Stoke and Palace.

We've got to be more positive today. Neither Huth nor Kramaric started any of those games which gives me a bit more faith

I'm expecting 541 again. So far it's responsible for a good performance against arsenal, 60 minutes of dire but not unsuccessful 0-0 against villa, a draw away at Everton (albeit with subs that changed the game, it was still 541) and an inevitable but not too crushing defeat against Man City.

I don't think that's enough to drop the formation for me. It's a limited formation, but this is a limited squad. I think nige will stick with it, only changing up if we're a losing on 70mins.

Prediction 1-1

Archived