Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Hull Pre Match Thread

I'm not so sure, especially after Schwarzer actually had a good game t'other day I think starting Schmeichel, who's only just got back to any kind of fitness again, sounds exactly like something Nige'd do at the moment!

Either way, I don't think Hamer even gets on the bench for this match, which is a shame.

Clean Sheets

Ben Hamer - 4

Kasper Schmeichel - 1

Mark Schwarzer - 0

Dropping Hamer is, of course, the logical decision.

lol

To his credit it was a good performance, hopefully those mistakes were down to rustiness rather than him being past it. I'd still have him down as third choice. If anyone brings up Hamer's kicking then take a look at how Schwarzer was kicking in that city game.

Can't help but think that now there's another keeper in the mix, Kasper will buck his ideas up and at least attempt to be more commanding in his area.

Hope that's not it otherwise dropping Hamer for a rusty 42 year old becomes even more of a joke.

There's this thing called the Development Squad, where they have this position called a Goalkeeper - if Schwarzer wasn't ready (which Stowell would have been able to see) Schwarzer shouldn't have instantly came into the side.

But yeah, to his credit, Schwarzer didn't do a good job vs Man City and retain his place for Hull. Now's not the time to piss about with GKs

I'm pretty certain dropping Hamer has had no real impact on our season, despite the fact he's got more clean sheets than the other two. We have much bigger issues than who has been in goal.

:huh: You keep clean sheets, you don't lose...

:huh: You keep clean sheets, you don't lose...

The games we have lost this season, would still have been lost if Hamer was in goal. Would he have made much difference in our last few away games at arsenal, Man City, Everton and Man Utd?

Did Hamer have much say in our victories? Don't get me wrong it was harsh to drop Hamer but people are saying it's one of the reasons we are going down, but there much bigger reasons.

The games we have lost this season, would still have been lost if Hamer was in goal. Would he have made much difference in our last few away games at arsenal, Man City, Everton and Man Utd?

Did Hamer have much say in our victories? Don't get me wrong it was harsh to drop Hamer but people are saying it's one of the reasons we are going down, but there much bigger reasons.

I'm not saying he would or wouldn't have. But playing Devil's advocate; the Arsenal, Man City Everton and Man Utd goals I can guarantee would not have happened if Hamer was in goal (chaos theory etc.), we may still have lost but the whole games would have been so different - for good or bad.

But the stats don't lie!

I think dropping Hamer is up there with the continual backing of Morgan as Pearson's biggest mistake this season.

It's a joke and Pearson has lost alot of my respect, god knows what respect players have lost for him.

Couldn't blame, infact i'd probably support certain individuals if they put transfer requests in.

Hamer has as much chance of playing Saturday as any of us winning the Lotto. Disgraceful the way the lad has been treated. If NP had a problem he should be working with him to improve his distribution.

His distribution cannot be any worse than the OAP's, i have seen a blind three-legged rocking horse with better kicking ability.....and even if its not we have hardly taken advantage of the OAP's impressive distribution that has led to a bucket full of goals and increased possession.

Feel for the likes of Albrighton etc but there is an aspect of the unknown there. The lads like Hamer and Was I really feel sorry for, proven talent with records to match benched to make way for lesser players. Just ****ing ridiculous really.

I'm pretty certain dropping Hamer has had no real impact on our season, despite the fact he's got more clean sheets than the other two. We have much bigger issues than who has been in goal.

Schwarzer has given away three gift wrapped goals and counting. Whether that has made a difference to eventual results or not nobody can ever know. All we know for sure is that conceding ridiculous goals due to appalling goalkeeper errors on a regular basis is never a good thing.

Hamer was seen to be very lucky to jump from struggling Charlton to Prem new boys Leicester in the summer to being seen as remarkably unlucky to lose his place in our side. weird how things change

I'm only going of blurbs written in the media and Charlton fans opinions but wasn't Hamer consider one of the best (young) keepers outside the Premiership?

Now I have to say over pre season his performances worried me but when he came in to replace the injured Schmeichel he impressed and didn't do a lot wrong and whilst he isn't Premiership quality he is the best of the 3 and did nothing to deserve being dropped, especially when the person who replaced him has made a lot more, worse mistakes.

Archived