Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Let's have a thought out thread?

You saw evidence of what De Laet can do in support of the attack in the goal he created for Vardy against Man U. (There are many other examples of his good attacking play both last season and this.) Could you see Simpson coming even close to this?

tottenham away in the cup? RDL flatters to deceive - he gets into good positions but his crossing is abysmal

Personally I think as a couple of others have said Schlupp is in the side for his pace to allow us to counter attack. I like Albrighton's crossing ability but unless we are on the front foot and have men in the box he doesn't add much for me.

I don't rate Simpson at all, not saying RDL is faultless but I constantly find myself screaming for Simpson to overlap and offer us something to watch him dither around unsure. RDL loves an overlap and with the need for points Id take that option from now on.

As for the GK spot im not sure any of the 3 are stand out number 1, Schwarzer looks slow and old but generally safe and played well Wednesday. Hamer scares the life out of me when we give him the ball and that's enough to put me off him. Kasper is our best shot stopper but doesn't dominate well enough. Tough decision and any could play I guess.

Anyway all I ask is that we have a go against Hull, nothing but 3 points will do and I don't want us going 1 0 up then sitting back. We will need a 2nd to calm nerves and give the miracle a chance.

Personally I think as a couple of others have said Schlupp is in the side for his pace to allow us to counter attack. I like Albrighton's crossing ability but unless we are on the front foot and have men in the box he doesn't add much for me.

I don't rate Simpson at all, not saying RDL is faultless but I constantly find myself screaming for Simpson to overlap and offer us something to watch him dither around unsure. RDL loves an overlap and with the need for points Id take that option from now on.

As for the GK spot im not sure any of the 3 are stand out number 1, Schwarzer looks slow and old but generally safe and played well Wednesday. Hamer scares the life out of me when we give him the ball and that's enough to put me off him. Kasper is our best shot stopper but doesn't dominate well enough. Tough decision and any could play I guess.

Anyway all I ask is that we have a go against Hull, nothing but 3 points will do and I don't want us going 1 0 up then sitting back. We will need a 2nd to calm nerves and give the miracle a chance.

Good post... I agree with all of it

:thumbup:

Having become utterly bored of the monotony of whether Pearson is any good, or not...Let's change the direction a little?

Whatever the formation, why is he insisting on playing Simpson, and not playing Albrighton?

I don't understand?

Discuss.....

You consider a change of direction a thread about why Albrighton isn't playing?

You consider a change of direction a thread about why Albrighton isn't playing?

No....

There's two players aforementioned here Babs..

Two..

lol

In all sincerity the point of the thread was to discuss why Nige might be sticking with this team. To defend it, if you like.

Personally, I don't get Simpson at all..i'd far prefer RDL back.

But I do get why Albrighton isn't playing.

What's your view? You aren't a Simpson fan I don't think? Why is he playing consistently?

Maybe Albrighton isn't playing well in training, however he must be bloody dire in training if Schlupp is still getting in ahead of him.He was great that game he played with Knockaert (cant remember which one it was), and hasn't had a chance since really. I'd be really pissed off if I was him.

Yes believe that was our last home win.

No....

There's two players aforementioned here Babs..

Two..

lol

In all sincerity the point of the thread was to discuss why Nige might be sticking with this team. To defend it, if you like.

Personally, I don't get Simpson at all..i'd far prefer RDL back.

But I do get why Albrighton isn't playing.

What's your view? You aren't a Simpson fan I don't think? Why is he playing consistently?

I'm not a massive fan of Simpson no and would prefer De Laet. But you're going to get errors from both of them.

The same people calling for Simpson months back are now the same ones saying he's shit and saying that he's a "favourite". Ludicrous really seeing as the same things were chucked around about De Laet before he was dropped. The same people also whine about too many changes and then call for more... I find the hypocrisy in many arguments frustrating, Pearson simply cannot win (literally as well as figuratively).

With Albrighton, there could well be more to it than what happens on the pitch. We know what emphasis Pearson puts on team work, players backing each other on and off the pitch even when they aren't playing etc. It could be that Albrighton just isn't a team player. I don't for one minute Pearson sits down and chooses a team based on who he's matey with, I think he picks the players based on who he trusts, who's a team player as well as who can perform in training and on the pitch. Some people might think that's cutting your nose off to spite your face and only focus on what happens on the pitch, but he's he's following a blue print that puts together a squad with great spirit. He does it all the time for us and it's worked well previously.

We had the same arguments about Albrighton as we did about Danns, Beckford, Mills etc. People couldn't understand why these people weren't playing, you only had to read / listen to Pearson further down the line to understand why he wanted rid of them and it was all about the spirit and collective group. Clearly Pearson doesn't come out of it with no blame at all, if he's signed the bloke and he's a wrong un or just crap, then he shoulders that.

That might not be the case obviously, but before I critisise I have to think through potential reasons as to why he might be doing something. If there are reasons I can think of that I find understandable, then I can't critisise without knowing the full story.

Having become utterly bored of the monotony of whether Pearson is any good, or not...Let's change the direction a little?

Whatever the formation, why is he insisting on playing Simpson, and not playing Albrighton?

I don't understand?

Discuss.....

I just think it’s an example of Pearson’s lower league thinking.

Simpson was in possession of the RB spot when we went to a five-man defence. The defence plays well as a unit, and so all five of them keep  their place. Simple.  That’s’ Pearson’s reasoning. Pearson is an excellent man-manager and shows loyalty to his players if they try for him.

This is the sort of thing that works in the Championship: A don’t-change-a-"winning"- team mentality.

I think though that most Premiership Managers though would see that RDL is absolutely perfect for a five-man defence. They would sacrifice Simpson in favour of a player who better fits the team’s tactics.

As for Albrighton. I can only think he’s considered ‘unfit’ or doesn’t show enough commitment and determination during Training. So Pearson uses Albrighton’s exclusion as a lesson to the rest of the squad that he doesn’t tolerate a lack of application.

Again, this sort of thing works in the lower leagues. But at Premiership level,  Pearson should probably accept that some players are going to perform on the day but might take it easy in training (A Ballotelli mentality). Given our position, I really don’t think we can afford to make an example of a player who might actually turn out to be a match-winner.

The LCFC part of this forum does make me realise why I didn't join until March last year. The rest of the forum is great and there is some proper discussion on the LCFC bit occasionally but it doesn't have wind you up reading such guff so often.

you should join one of the match day threads - I assume most are on there because they couldn't get through to the samaritans

re  selection  policy:

perhaps NP doesn't like it when players' wives tweet unhelpful observations in the 2 hour window between his sacking and unsacking and he  can't stop himself being  vindictive

Albrighton wasn't being selected before that so I don't see what that has to do with it. Perhaps it's an indicator of the sort of person he is though and that might be exactly why he's out of the team.

Simpson one I find baffling. I was saying 3 months ago when we had the poll of RDL v Simpson I was in the 20% who prefered De Laet.

Albrighton is pretty obvious though, our style of play is fast counter attacking so Mahrez and Schlupp suit this style. Albrighton's game is about getting as many crosses in as possible, which would be pointless lumping it in to 1 small striker. The only way Albrighton would play is if we play Ulloa or 2 up front, which are both unlikely. Albrighton has looked good when he came on chasing a game by putting balls in the box when we had bodies in there. Would have him on the bench to bring on but can't start him in this system.

Albrighton wasn't being selected before that so I don't see what that has to do with it. Perhaps it's an indicator of the sort of person he is though and that might be exactly why he's out of the team.

... or maybe he's ragging Pearson's daughter.

That's the simple explanation.

:scarf:

I just think it’s an example of Pearson’s lower league thinking.

Simpson was in possession of the RB spot when we went to a five-man defence. The defence plays well as a unit, and so all five of them keep  their place. Simple.  That’s’ Pearson’s reasoning. Pearson is an excellent man-manager and shows loyalty to his players if they try for him.

This is the sort of thing that works in the Championship: A don’t-change-a-"winning"- team mentality.

I think though that most Premiership Managers though would see that RDL is absolutely perfect for a five-man defence. They would sacrifice Simpson in favour of a player who better fits the team’s tactics.

As for Albrighton. I can only think he’s considered ‘unfit’ or doesn’t show enough commitment and determination during Training. So Pearson uses Albrighton’s exclusion as a lesson to the rest of the squad that he doesn’t tolerate a lack of application.

Again, this sort of thing works in the lower leagues. But at Premiership level,  Pearson should probably accept that some players are going to perform on the day but might take it easy in training (A Ballotelli mentality). Given our position, I really don’t think we can afford to make an example of a player who might actually turn out to be a match-winner.

we've let 9 goals in in the last 5 games.

what is the definition of not playing well as a unit?

No I don't.

Those who know me would say I'm an optimistic person who loves a laff.

It's this forum that changes me into a periodic glass half empty kinda chap.

Says more about some of the guff I read than it does about me, I suggest..

lol

I'm with you all the way. I have quite a good sense of humour, and am always ready for a good laugh. Once on here though, I tend to go the opposite way. Odd really, how it changes me.  :unsure:  :rolleyes:

i do think schlupp gets a bit too much unnecessary stick at times. even from me. the reason i give him so much stick is cos he frustrates me so much. 

he should be absolutely amazing. he's got everything you'd want to be a great winger/wing back type player. but he isn't. he's big, he's quick, he's strong, he's got a decent enough left foot. but he never, ever uses any of his attributes. i'd rather he was just absolutely shit than have the potential to be amazing and still end up being absolutely shit. just makes me so angry. knockaert is usually much more effective than schlupp despite having no real attributes to be a good winger at any level, let alone the top level. 

tottenham away in the cup? RDL flatters to deceive - he gets into good positions but his crossing is abysmal

"abysmal" is far too strong.  But he offers much more going forward anyway than simply getting into a position to cross.  In particular, he panics the opposition defence when he cuts in at speed ... or haven't you noticed?

Big, quick and strong might make him a good athlete. To be a good footballer you also need to be able to play football.

He can play football, It's all lack of technique with him, it's appalling for a top level footballer, and his touch is only marginally better a lot of the time. This is why most of the goals or assists he provides are the direct result of miss kicks and deflections or blind luck. A player like him will get that goals and assists as their able to run and barge their way into the positions and x amounts out of 10 something will end up coming of it. The problem is that wont cut it in the Premier League week in week out, it will on occasion (and every time he does the eagle has landed and he's  the next best thing, that embarrassing Schlupp thread is defo getting bumped at the end of the season and all of those handing out the I told you so's  will be getting a taste of their own Medicine) but you need someone who delivers more than 3 times as season in this league, i.e someone who is a good enough technical footballer to not rely on luck, deflections, miss kicks, and fortunate bounces of the football.  but Tbh you'd probably need more consistency in the Championship from the wing never mind at this level, and this is exactly why I don't like that sort of player.

It's amazing Albrighton hasn't had more of a go but there we are, either Pearson really doesn't rate him in which case that's very poor from him as a manager, even if he doesn't he should be sitting up and taking note of the positive contributions he has made in literally every game bar one in which he has been given a decent run, and even that game was a long time ago and his first start. Or there is something going behind the scenes non of us are aware about.

Either way it's all starting to get to the stage where discussing what we should or shouldn't do is pointless as unless we start putting points on the board very soon the seasons over and the whole debate is pointless.

Archived