Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

49 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

What's one of these mystical 10k eggs you talk if?

Ultra rare eggs (although when I find one I usually get 2 or 3 in the same day) that supposedly contain ultra rare Pokemon...

...but almost always contain Eevee, Electabuzz or Jynx (aka shit ones that you find more often than Caterpies) 

To be fair I have hatched Scyther and a Lapras from 10km eggs, and never seen either of these in the wild. You also get 1,000XP for hatching and about 30 candy for the Pokemon inside, which is pretty good

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1

Loving the buddy system. Finally have enough candy for Charmeleon and Electrode. Got another 21km for Muk, then 9km for Nidoking. Then it's a toss up between Raichu, Ninetails, Marowak and a couple of others (they're all going to need 100km ish lol )

That is a fantastic debut post

I finally walked Frank "Grimey" Grimers (aka Grimer) last night to earn the last candy to evolve him. Hadn't seen one in the wild in over a month and as soon a I got home from the walk, TWO APPEARED ON THE NEARBY LIST.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Out of interest I checked on a walking route planner how far I walk on my lunch break - map data says 3.5km. Pokemon Go reckons 2.1km FFFFFFFFFFURK

I think with people trying to hack it and cheat they have changed the calculation.

From what I can figure out it will take your GPS point and then take it again about 5 minutes later and use that as the basis for the calculation, so if you are  walking round a park it won't track the route, just the distance covered as the crow flies. I take it as you are on your lunch you're doing a bit of a circuit. Try walking in a straight line, then wait until it updates the distance on your buddy, then walk back the way you came. It is a bit shit, especially if it crashes (which is happening a lot more since the lase update), or if you have walked for 4 minutes and then jumped on a bus and it registers you're a passenger so discards the last 4 minutes of walking.

One thing to do is always leave it running when you get somewhere, this gives it time to register the last bit you walked.

Also if you walk your Pikachu 10km as a buddy he awkwardly sits on your shoulder.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I think with people trying to hack it and cheat they have changed the calculation.

From what I can figure out it will take your GPS point and then take it again about 5 minutes later and use that as the basis for the calculation, so if you are  walking round a park it won't track the route, just the distance covered as the crow flies. I take it as you are on your lunch you're doing a bit of a circuit. Try walking in a straight line, then wait until it updates the distance on your buddy, then walk back the way you came. It is a bit shit, especially if it crashes (which is happening a lot more since the lase update), or if you have walked for 4 minutes and then jumped on a bus and it registers you're a passenger so discards the last 4 minutes of walking.

One thing to do is always leave it running when you get somewhere, this gives it time to register the last bit you walked.

Also if you walk your Pikachu 10km as a buddy he awkwardly sits on your shoulder.

Yeah I'd noticed the 5 minute thing and it definitely calculates point-to-point as the crow flies, so walking around a winding path f***s you over, so I try to walk straight and brisk. These days I avoid so many Pokemon that I don't need as it doesn't tally what you walk during a capture. I'd say in a 30 minute walk I'm probably walking straight and not capturing anything for 27 of those minutes, so it should be giving me about 3km easily. Usually I get 2.6km, today was a massive undercount at 2.1km. That's not even 2/3 what I actually walked - never have any connection problems, won't have another app in front of it, it should be calculating more

I always leave it on in battery saver plugged in at work and check the distance 10 minutes after I finished walking to let it count the last bit. It's pissing annoying!

Luckily the crash thing doesn't happen too much these days but if you've walked for 4 minutes (about 300-400 metres) then it crashes, I know it won't count any of that activity if you restart. Occasionally get that "I'm a passenger" thing when it dips signal and I always restart the game as I'm scared it won't tally any further walking if it thinks I'm cheating lol 

Got Pikachu on my shoulder. They should have put shit all down the avatars back 

23 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Out of interest I checked on a walking route planner how far I walk on my lunch break - map data says 3.5km. Pokemon Go reckons 2.1km FFFFFFFFFFURK

Exact same route today, same conditions - 2.9km. 800m difference, that is mental

Livid. Just saw my first silhouette in ages - Doduo, never even seen one on the Sightings list before. Fastpokemap is down so I used my only Incense and paced around like a nutter for fifteen minutes till it vanished - the only shit that spawned was garbage like Rattatas and they weren't even on the Sightings list. Checked all the spawn locations in that area so god knows where if was lurking

9 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Bede Park was but I think it's changed now 

Found it lol I was heading back up to Watermead (Mammoth statue) where I saw the silhouette yesterday. Hatched a 5km egg on the way up there... Perfect Doduo. Found another Doduo when I got there, so that must be a new nest, well happy with that - even if I never see another one I've got one for keeps and a strong one to evolve. While I was up there I found a Dratini (each one found saves 20km walking for when I want to evolve Dragonair) and earned my last Nidoran male candy from walking to finally get Nidoking.

Will have 121 after my next evolve spree. Going to be a hell of a spree too, 3 new evolves, 400 Pidgey candy and god knows how many Weedle/Rattata - should hit 70,000XP+ with a lucky egg

9 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Found it lol I was heading back up to Watermead (Mammoth statue) where I saw the silhouette yesterday. Hatched a 5km egg on the way up there... Perfect Doduo. Found another Doduo when I got there, so that must be a new nest, well happy with that - even if I never see another one I've got one for keeps and a strong one to evolve. While I was up there I found a Dratini (each one found saves 20km walking for when I want to evolve Dragonair) and earned my last Nidoran male candy from walking to finally get Nidoking.

Will have 121 after my next evolve spree. Going to be a hell of a spree too, 3 new evolves, 400 Pidgey candy and god knows how many Weedle/Rattata - should hit 70,000XP+ with a lucky egg

I'm 1 Dratini away from Dragonite so might go for a stroll round watermead in a bit. Watermead has to be the worst park for spawning in Leicester though, we never seem to get any decent nests there 

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

I'm 1 Dratini away from Dragonite so might go for a stroll round watermead in a bit. Watermead has to be the worst park for spawning in Leicester though, we never seem to get any decent nests there 

Correct, however near the Mammoth there's a big bunch of Pokestops and two gyms right next to each other. Hardly any spawns but it's a good dog walk for clocking up KMs for hatching. The only time I've ever seen a Snorlax silhouette was round there but I couldn't find it and never hatched one either